• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No more 5x or 10x Commute Option in April 2008 NAM?

Started by csl3, July 29, 2008, 04:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csl3

Dear all,

I wish to have more commute, is it I cannot do that now?

Thanks!

CasperVg

The all-new Traffic Simulators (by JPlumbley, Mott and others) replace the old commute options in the NAM.
In case you want more information regarding these new simulators, visit NAM Traffic Simulator Help (link);)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

csl3

Is Standard/Better Pathfinding/SimulatorAB better?

CasperVg

All the new Pathfinding/Simulator system have been balanced more, and should function better indeed.

csl3

After upgrading NAM from 2006.12 version (uninstalled old and install 2008.04), I found out MANY buildings cannot find the route &Thk/( even though they have road access. I chose Simulator A Park&Ride, shall I use back Maxim's default or...?

Thanks

CasperVg

For the Park&Ride Simulator, Sims need to have a parking lot (or parking building) close to their job, as they can't use their car to get into their work anymore (they need to park their car and then continue by foot)

z

@csl3:  Have you got a version of Simulator A or B to work well for you yet?

Tarkus

Quote from: csl3 on July 29, 2008, 09:42:01 AM
After upgrading NAM from 2006.12 version (uninstalled old and install 2008.04), I found out MANY buildings cannot find the route &Thk/( even though they have road access. I chose Simulator A Park&Ride, shall I use back Maxim's default or...?

Thanks

Switch over to the normal version of A instead of using the Park&Ride.  Depending on your city size, choose from the Hard, Medium or Easy plugins.  The Hard will work better in smaller cities, and the Easy is designed for more heavily populated ones.

-Alex (Tarkus)