• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional Seaports - Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, June 13, 2008, 05:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westamastaflash

There appears to be a problem with newman inc rural port. It upgrades then becomes immortal. I've tried to use the Immortality killer to kill it with *no* luck. I've got a zone that won't allow itself to be bulldozed! Going to have to restart this city :-(

RippleJet

Before you throw the city into the paper bin...

Would you have an image of it?
Does the query still work for the port?

westamastaflash

Sorry, already killed it :-(. The query for the lot came up but the Name was blank, and there was nothing for "Growth Stage"...

RippleJet

I got to test it myself, and can confirm that stage 3 of Newman Inc Rural Port does not work.
When it upgrades to that stage, the lot disappears, but the seaport zone is still there.

The reason is an error in the controller for that seaport.
The third stage points to IID 0x0D7339BE.
However, the IID of the third stage is 0xD7D339BE.

I'll fix the problem and upload version 3.1 of the seaports tonight, or tomorrow morning. ;)
Right now I'm off to my dad's 70th birthday party... :)

RippleJet

I've updated BSC Functional Seaports to version 3.1.

Stage 3 of Newman Inc Rural Port, as reported by westmastaflash, is now full functional.
Unfortunately we did not find a way to deal with the empty zone as reported above.
Thus, please make sure you've upgraded to version 3.1 before plopping the Newman Inc Rural Port!

The item description for MrTruesage's seaport has now also been fixed.

westamastaflash

Thanks for the quick response and support!  &apls

Lowkee33

Not much traffic here for such great work (picture clapping hands)!  Functional seaports are so important.  I was watching my IR jobs slowly drop and realized they were not exporting.  "I had better Lot a seaport" I said to myself, and here I am.  Maybe I am getting a reputation for modding the complicated things (just wait for my questions about stage 1 mega lots).   
    Perhaps in the future I will use the pre-fab seaports, but as I am trying to keep my Dependancies down I am going to use one of the blank lots you so generously provided.  A little testing has given me some questions.  I have been able to place a prop-filled custom seaport in my town, however.

1) In the Reader it appears easy enough to change the stats of these custom lots.  I have been fooled by this before.  How flexible is changing things like the number of jobs and monthly cost?  I also want this port to satisfy some IR demand.  Is that possible?  Perhaps that question belongs somewhere else, or in some other building.

2) For my problem:  I have not edited anything.  My seaport has no monthly cost and no exporting abilities.  I looked at it in the Reader and it appears that it should.  Should I delete the Disable Custom #1 data?

Edit:  Oh yes... Thanks again!

Edit #2:  Looks like in my haste I deleted the main .dat file.  >:D

RippleJet

Quote from: Lowkee33 on July 02, 2010, 11:14:30 AM
Edit #2:  Looks like in my haste I deleted the main .dat file.  >:D

$%Grinno$%

1) In the Reader it appears easy enough to change the stats of these custom lots.  I have been fooled by this before.  How flexible is changing things like the number of jobs and monthly cost?

The civic jobs can be changed to your likening.
However, changing the monthly cost in the building exemplar has no relevance to the port in game.
Instead, the monthly cost is set by the property Budget Requirement List in the seaport's developer exemplar.

I also want this port to satisfy some IR demand.  Is that possible?  Perhaps that question belongs somewhere else, or in some other building.

Yes, it is possible, and yes, it does belong elsewhere.
Thus I decided to post it here: Industrial Resource CAP and CAP Relief

Lowkee33

Back again :)

Seaports are working well.  I have used custom seaport #1 (that can be seen on my MD...shameless).  Can I make multiple seaports with the same building examplar, or should I move on to number 2?

BTW-rather than fuss things up I made a landmark with IR jobs, and I am about to go to that support thread :)

RippleJet

Quote from: Lowkee33 on July 08, 2010, 08:17:42 PM
Can I make multiple seaports with the same building examplar, or should I move on to number 2?

Each seaport lot must be unique and thus also needs a unique building exemplar.
This is due to the Lot Resource Key property in the building exemplar, which points back to the lot.

cfsego

SNM Deport
stage 6,
a piece down left is misplaced
see the link for details

i have no accessable space for images, so i put it to
http://www.simcity.cn/viewthread.php?tid=83038&page=1&extra=page%3D1#pid1309611
you will see it when login in by user:, password:--- click the top right button to get the login box.

Diggis

Could you please upload the image here.  It appears to me that you have given us your password and login details for another forum, something not very advisable for security reasons so I have removed them.

RippleJet

Here's the picture that cfsego linked to. I've uploded it on Photobucket. ;)

That piece does indeed seem to be misaligned... ()what()
I suppose we'll need to update it to fix it. ;)

cfsego

Photobucket, em, I can use it for my pictures in future.

To RippleJet: thank you for your upload.

To Diggis: yes, it is not advisable to give out login info for security reasons, thank you for removing them.

finally, we see the image, we don't see the passwd. Cool

manzano486

hi
I really like these seaports, but i only want a few of this wonderful creations
you could tell me what are the dependencies for this seaports? pleaseee
Newman Inc Grain Port
Newman Inc Rural Port
BRT Seaport
thanks

MutantPlatypus

The cleanitol dependencies file refers to BSCBATProps RT MineCorp Vol01.dat.  It has been superseded by a prop pack that removes BSCBATProps RT MineCorp Vol01.dat.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

luxo_Sc

Hi there!

Well, i have a little problem with the brown boxes (well, is just 1 box).  &mmm

That pic it's from newman rural port diggis. I just checked out the dependencies that i need for the seaports with cleanitol, and i have all of them except the BSCBATProps RT MineCorp Vol01, but i downloaded BSC MEGA Props RT Vol04, following the link below in the description. If someone could help me, i'll be very pleased.  ::)

The seaports are just great by the way!! you deserve aplauses  &apls  &apls

EDIT: Problem solved. I downloaded some bsc and newman deps.

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

luxo_Sc

i solved the problem a few hours ago, but thanks anyway :).

cvarob

RE:  BSC BAT Props RT MineCorp Vol01.

This one is locked, superceded by Mega Props Vol. 4... any known errors trying to use SDP w/out it? Work around?  Thanks  - Rob