• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mas'71 works mini pamphlet.

Started by MAS71, November 08, 2007, 06:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bap

Dear Mas71-san,

Congratulations on the excellent sogo building. Diagonal buildings are always welcomed.

I appreciate your urban narrow canal kit. I have been playing with it and I think it is a perfect replacement for the more natural canals I have in my region as the city develops further. In the region I am developing (with a real topography) the stream goes down some 20m towards the sea. Thus, any canal kit I use must be slope conforming to account for the smooth decrease in height along the way to the sea. Therefore I changed your urban canal kit to make it flexible enough to be plopped on gentle slopes. As you can see in the figure below, it performs pretty well (take the onewayroad in the upper side as the reference for the horizontal line, the rwh goes up by 12m along 8 tiles towards the upper right corner).

This is the typical slope one finds along the stream in my region. It is the slope created by a rail track (I use the BRF tunnel and slope mod). If you wish to make your official version of these canals plopable on gentle slopes I would be glad to either send you the modified exemplars (props, buildings and lotconfigs) or to explain what I did -- it is a quite easy procedure to do with ilive reader.

Another thing I needed in order to use the canals in that region are diagonal sections. I used reader to create stretched versions of the straight canal and fence props in order to make diagonal sections. You can see how they look in the following figure:

The diagonal sections look fine, although they are narrower than the straight section. This is an unavoidable consequence of the stretching, which 'rotates' the image by 45 degrees, and reduces the width of any dimension across the stretch by a factor sin 45 ~ 0.7. Stretching props works fine if most of the prop is in the horizontal plane (like a platform) but may yield poor transformations for mostly vertical props (such as a fence).

I can live with these limitations if this allows me to use the nice canal kit of yours. I particularly like the fact that the water color is a good match to the Pegasus stream kit and to the CAL-SC canals kit, the other ones I use. But perhaps by teasing you with the above figure I can convince you to create diagonal sections as an addition to your canal kit  ::) (a pair of orthogonal-diagonal pieces and a diagonal section would allow smoother transitions while keeping the canal width fixed in the diagonal section).

Regards,
Bap

czkimi

&apls
very good design $%Grinno$%
Diagonal canal!!! :o

MAS71

@Pat san
Hahaha.... :D You drooling!? Dribble ?? $%Grinno$% (Sorry to kidding :P)
Thank you!!

@Bobbi san
Yes!! It's really hard to make them for reall. It's true ! ;D

@Spa  san
Hello Spa san  :) Your nice buildings and home are the seriese of my favorite. ;) I like your works Spa san ! :)
Is there such department-building in the city where you live in?

@Czkimi san
OH!! Happy Children's Day !!  ;)
Is it a holiday in a china ?? ;D We have a holiday "Children's Day" too but it's 05,May in a Japan. ;D

@Bap san
Hello 'Dr Propper' Bap san.  :) (I really like your CML ;D)
Thank you for visit my thread and.....
Wow!! :o That's great !! Really great your constractions of regions with my canal
and nice re-maked a LOTs for a diagonal directions too!! :o  :D

I (a lot of mayors) know well that hard to use "Puzzle Pieces" on slope, :-[
but You could clear this issues with your remake to LOTs and some Slop-MOD here. :thumbsup:
Bravo!! Bap san!!  &apls

I thinks that you had points of re-make LOTs for slope,
a. PROP - Orient To Slope : True
b. Lot - MaxSlopeBeforeLotFoundation : 1 or more.(not "0")

However, I give you a big hand  &apls for a re-making of LOT for Diagonal sections.

About my canal in this case, PROP-size(canal) is a half of LOTs I made.
It was easy to make to PROPs for Diagonals, but Base-Texture could not change for diagonal.
It needed to make some PLANE-PROP serve as BT for diagonal.
In tha case, Shadows of PROPs could not droped to that PLANE-PROPs..... $%Grinno$%
and
I already wrote this before, I think that did not want to amount large of Icons in a menu as much as possible. $%Grinno$%
Because, Much of nice canal works already existing in the world now as you said, Simgoober's, Callgrafx's, PEG's and more.
so I thoug that I should made this set for simply, then they are a result of my plan.  :P

Off course,
Please remake my LOTs for freelly to you like, and if you want to do, they are able to open to public from you. ;)
Now, I'm just finished all works of "SOGO", so Makes 'JPN-SC addons' is would be one of my next works. ;)

Please looking forward to my next reports about new works soon. "$Deal"$

Thank you again Bap san for your polite explanation with your creates.  :)
-Mas'71

czkimi

:thumbsup:
wow! Sogo is growing $%Grinno$%
Nice work mas san i am very love ur creations :D

The elevator is very delicate!
If it moves ,it will perfect! :-[Just i guess it

MAS71

@Czkimi san
Yes, It's a good growing Czkimi san !  :thumbsup: as your shoreline creation as well. ;)
Thanks a report with animated pic, I felt relieved that it could grown right in your city. :)

by the way, Is it the Elavetor not moving ??
hahaha... :D No, It's so hard to give a move to that. $%Grinno$%
I had an idea that it make for animated props with BAB. but I could not get good result when I tested them. :-[

Thank you

czkimi

$%Grinno$%
Sogo in such good location.
I would like to be able to attract more customers. :P

thank u mas san  again.

------KIMI $%Grinno$%

tepodon

いや~、千葉ソゴーを誰かがBATで作るとは思っても見ませんでした。
千葉駅周辺はかなりコンプレックスな作りですもんね。モノレールとか、あとなんか道とかもSC4での再現は無理かと。。。
僕は東京なんでどちらかというと東京の建造物を作ってほしい~な~、とか思ってます。具体的には駅とか。上野駅とかいいと思います。
まあそんなリクエストは無視しちゃってください。これからも頑張ってください。

tankmank

Hello i love your BAT's especially SOGO but i Lot Edited it today and when i plopped it in game the building was gone only the lot, then i went into Lot Editor and the same so i redownloaded and it's fine. but i would like to Lot Edit it so it fits into my city better.
Can you help please also i don't have CAM could that be the problem?

Thankyou  :D

MAS71

@Kimi san
Yeh, Thanks a nice pic and as your citiy constraction as well  :thumbsup:
Is my SOGO too outstanding a little ?  :P

@Tepodon san
Hello again and Do you already comeback to JPN now?
Oh! Do you know about a CHIBA-city and circumstances of SOGO ?
Hahaha...Yes, There are an extremely complicated with various buildings, Trasnsits and Stations. ;D
Thank you for your warm words Tepodon san.  ;)

### for Japanese ###
こんにちは!お久しぶりです。 今はもう日本に戻られたのでしょうか?
千葉そごうや、千葉駅周辺の事情まで知ってらっしゃったとは!
はい、駅やら建物が少し入り組んでいて、作りながら「どこまでが本館なんだ!?」と悩んでしまったのも事実です。 ;D
斜め大通りを挟んだ別館なども作りたかったんですけどね。今回は挫折です。 :-[
コメント、ありがとうございました! :)
p.s.
英語力の低さから、SC4Dで色々な方へ迷惑をかけてしまっている始末。こんど私に正しい英語を教えてやって下さい!! ;D

@Tankmank san
Hello and Nice to meet you Tankmanksan. I'm glad to you like my SOGO.
Well,,,I see. I understand well your problems. ;)

Before, Do you know waht files be needed to it woould work right in the SC4?
a). xxx.SC4Model (Modeling data)
b). xxx.SC4Desc (Building or PROPs descriptions)
c). xxx.SC4Lot (Building and PROPs infomations)

About my SC4Lot of the SOGO is included  'xxx.SC4Desc'(b). (Thier 2 were mixed) ;)
and when SC4Lot was saved in LotEditor, 'xxx.SC4Desc' could not be maked in this SC4Lot. ;)
so We have this problem by all means as you had. :-[

If you want to do Re-Loting with my SOGO, You should get a new SC4Desc file wtih use the PluginManager.  ;)
and
Basically, We can not make Lot which size over 6x6 for Growable-Lot in LotEditor without PIM-X(X-Tool, is not yet shared)
Please chack this thread too if you want. ;) --> Making Megalots

Thank you. :)

tankmank

Thankyou Mas71 for the help here is two pictures to show you Sogo in Guangzhen

bap

Dear czkimi, thanks a lot!

Quote from: MAS71 on June 02, 2009, 04:01:23 AM
I thinks that you had points of re-make LOTs for slope,
a. PROP - Orient To Slope : True
b. Lot - MaxSlopeBeforeLotFoundation : 1 or more.(not "0")

Dear Mas71-san, Yes. I set MaxSlopeBeforeLotFoundation = MaxSlopeAllowed = 50 to make sure the lot will always have a building foundation whatever the slope it is built in. I also reduced the OccupantSize from (10,0,10) to (0.5,0,0.5) in order to avoid the building foundation to show up when the lot is plopped on sloped terrain. Please feel free to use this information if you wish to release a slope-tolerant version of your beautiful canal kit.

I will keep following your work as I do appreciate the high quality of your creations.  :thumbsup:

MAS71

@Tankmank san
That's nice your LOTing and as an ASIAN cities creation as well.  &apls
but My SOGO looks small a little when surrounded by other big buildings. ;D
Thank you again upload your good pics. ;)

@Bap san
Thank you again for your polite good informations for mekes LOTs.  :)
Now, I'm tring to make some addons and remake all JRP-SC with HD-version.
I want to upload them that used your Lot's techinics. ::)
Please let me know again when you have any opinons and/or adivices for my works to more better. ;)
Thank you Bap san !  :)

Nathaniel

Hi,Mas'71.
I love your SOGO very much. But it is a CaM lot. And I don't want to use CAM. So, would you like to make a simple growable lot sogo mall without cam requirement?

And would you like to make a lot to connect JRP with JRP Suburba Canal?

Thx~

gardenwong

Quote from: Nathaniel on June 07, 2009, 06:25:11 PM
Hi,Mas'71.
I love your SOGO very much. But it is a CaM lot. And I don't want to use CAM. So, would you like to make a simple growable lot sogo mall without cam requirement?

And would you like to make a lot to connect JRP with JRP Suburba Canal?

Thx~
you can use the water-gate in JRP to connect the JRP and the JRP SC  :thumbsup:
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Ennedi

Dear Masuda san,

I downloaded your SOGO building and I think it is one of the best buildings in my collection, you will see it in Shosaloza soon!  :thumbsup:

As you know, we tested in BSC both versions of your building - with HD and normal (SD) textures. You probably see results, we saw that HD textures look excellent in Zoom 6, but they cause some imperfections in Zoom 5. And we agreed that Zoom 5 is more important for most players.
But I must to tell you two things:

1. We wouldn't be able to make these experiments on the poor or average BAT. We needed a really very good BAT to see these effects on textures in Zoom 5 and 6. So thank you for your pioneer work!  &apls
2. Of course there are problems with the file size for large buildings, but smaller buildings, especially very characteristic ones, can be made in HD version. In my opinion the SOGO building is about the maximum size of such building.
I also think that it is possible to work more with these imperfections in Zoom 5 and maybe to remove them. But we must think seriously which textures can we use and which are inapropriate. The SOGO neon is a good example, if it wouldn't be so detailed, it would look better in Zoom 5.
I'm going to discuss it with somebody who knows computer graphics much better, I will inform you if we will come to any useful conclusions.

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

MAS71

@Ennedi
Thank you always for your very polite and clear reports about various theme Adam san.  :)
Yes, I'd read report about HD's of you and others with my HD-SOGO in there. ;)

Quote from: EnnediOf course there are problems with the file size for large buildings, but smaller buildings, especially very characteristic ones, can be made in HD version. In my opinion the SOGO building is about the maximum size of such building.
I also think that it is possible to work more with these imperfections in Zoom 5 and maybe to remove them. But we must think seriously which textures can we use and which are inapropriate.
Yes, I agree with the opinions, too. ;)

What kind of point found most by SC4Users of the world, I think it to be different in each person.
A person enjoying a  distant view, and a person enjoy the details, and more.......
so I don't able to assertion to a problem is an important thing, and I don't think that everyone should not make large builiding with HD, Of course. ;)
A thing I worry a most, It's that much of Big-Files will overflows too much in LEX. &mmm
We must not forget that a bandwidth and server space of the SC4D(and LEX) are NOT INFINITY. They are LIMITED. ;)
and before, a big efforts and hard works to manage the site of SC4D-Staffs too. :)

however,
HD-Technique is really wounderful for us, I belive that !! ;)
I know well that a lot of users hopes to use wroks of HD, and hopes to see it too.
Now, Some japanes good BATer already sharing them on personal space(server).
It's a very nice thing and I thinks that it's a good tendency as well. :)

Quote from: EnnediI'm going to discuss it with somebody who knows computer graphics much better, I will inform you if we will come to any useful conclusions.
Yeh!! Yes, I'm looking forward so much that come that time when it would possible. :thumbsup:

Thank you for reading Adam san and all friends for my personal opinion. ;)

-Mas'71

Bobbi

@Mas71
:o The HD version of SOGO ,it's more beautiful than SD version  &apls

I think It took you more time to render it.

---Bobbi

Edit:A grammar mistake :-[

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

io_bg

The HD version looks great, Mas san! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MAS71

@Bobbi san adn Io_bg san
Hahahaha.... :D Yes, It's a really nice !! I was surprised too when I looked this result at first. ;D
(you can look more pics of this in this thread by Ennedi san)
I respect again for a script of SimFox and Chrisadams3997, and all of good(god) staffs whom did join to this constractions. ::)
About a rendering-time was about 4.5 Hours. b.t.w, SD-version was 1.5 Hours. ;D
and File size of HD version is over 9MB. It's became one of problem to upload on a LEX. :-[

but......
Unfortunately, there is not the plan that shared this HD-SOGO for the moment on LEX. :-[
I intend to propose that include this in the next SC4D-DVD. :)

Thank you

czkimi

:oHD sogo :o
$%Grinno$% Is it  both whit stage8 version and camlot?
very nice :thumbsup: