• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Scenic Routes Around the World #42 - FIFA World Cup Special

Started by eugenelavery, February 05, 2012, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

I hope the local economy recovers! This is a very promising area and looks great so far  &apls  I love the way your shorelines look  :thumbsup:

eugenelavery

Replies:

whatevermind: Glad we could locate that building.
Dantes:  Those palm trees provide much-needed shade from the Arabian sun.
noahclem: Yes, the economy is slowly recovering although it was a big bubble that burst.

Today is our second and final visit to the Umm Suqeim district of Dhahran.  Umm Suqeim has few buildings of note and is mostly just suburban sprawl with many residents choosing to live here and work in the nearby Business Bay District.

Please join us next time as we will visit the Business Bay District which will bring you what you have all been waiting for, futuristic skyscrapers rising from the desert sand.

nbvc

Great work. :thumbsup: Which terrain mod do you use for the sand?

Swordmaster

Nice work! We could use some sunshine here.

Cheers
Willy

eugenelavery

Replies:

nbvc: I use marsh's unfinished sahara terrain mod.  I believe there is a link to it in his forum topic.
swordmaster: Yes, I miss the sunshine too.

Business Bay is a central business district under construction in the Emirate of Dhahran.  Business Bay is set between Sheikh Al Maktoum Road and the extended Dhahran creek.  Thanks to the vision of Sheikh Maktoum and the marvels of modern engineering, it is now possible to have waterfront views in the middle of the desert!  Business Bay is expected to be completed by 2020 and to become the financial hub of the Middle East.

noahclem

Great work on the last updates  &apls  The selection and creative use of bats in the previous one is really impressive. The nice shorelines here are always a plus and the business district is a very promising area. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Dantes

The high-rise buildings are very beautiful to look. I miss green.  &ops Could not build a sea water desalination and create significantly more palm gardens?  :-[

Again a fantastic update!  :thumbsup:

eugenelavery

Replies:

noahclem:  You notice that Dhahran is extending its amount of coastline with projects such as Business Bay.
Dantes:  More green areas are planned.

This night shot gives a good overview of the Business Bay development, stretching from the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Towers at the top of the shot to the Signature Towers at the bottom of the shot.

This shot captures the Vision Tower, The Bay Gate, One Business Bay, and the Tiara United Towers.

Another day in Dhahran is coming to an end, please join me next time as we continue following the Business Bay development and get closer to the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.

benedict

The lights in the last image are stunning - you should place that in the photo contest for sure!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Swordmaster

Stunning is the one word to describe it indeed!

Cheers
Willy

Dantes

eugenelavery

benedict

Love this new direction your city building... or should I say creating... is going in.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Swordmaster

Interesting. Will it be rural or urban? In either case I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers
Willy

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

The skyscraper development is among the very best of that type I've ever seen. Wow. The rural shots with the monastery and coastline are beautiful as well. Excellent diversity of style  &apls

Dantes

Lokrum is a paradise. I would like to spend as a tourist with a few there a few days.

eugenelavery

Replies:

benedict: I am excited by the new possibilities. I will in time though return to the desert I imagine.
Swordmaster: It will be a mixture, although it will mostly feature smaller towns.
Kergelen: Thanks for visiting.
noahclem: There won't be so many skyscrapers in La Méditerranée.
Dantes: I would like to spend the summer in Lokrum myself!

FrankU