• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badger Bay - A Work In Progress

Started by tkirch, October 11, 2007, 07:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Some very nice updates there tkirch.  I particularly like the fishing shots and the way the small river runs through the city centre.

I look forward to more.

tkirch

This will be the last update of the City of Sheboygan.  After this update we will move in the same large square to the western side and look at the small town Edens.

This area is nestled in between City Centre and Devil's Lake.  It is where the more influential people live in town.  The upscale neighborhood of Sheboygan.  The movers and shakers of Sheboygan and Sheboygan County.  The mansions of the rich...

First an overview

This is the home of Wes Bestern ... he is the Tourism and Resort King of Simtropolis and this is his Mansion.

This mansion has a new owner ... Barnabas Curocious ... a fiercely independant man that came into the world as the son of hawker ... Barnabas took no nonsense and today he is an Industrial giant. His plants and farming enterprises spans the globe and he will bring wealth to your city but at the same time you will meet some serious challenges.

Pat

Just stunning shots here of those mansion Tkirch and i cant wait to see Edens - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Really nice update.  I really like the mansion, but I never make a place for this type of residential in my own city.   &mmm I must give it a try sometime because what you have accomplished here looks great.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Wonderful new pictures there! Great work!

szymcar

Excelent scenery :) City Center is quite good, but some building not go together. 4 Coit Towers, and big car park. I guess that is American style city center ? ;)

Jmouse

Terrific overview of the city Center, tkirch, and the mansion is beautiful. I love the way you've decorated the grounds. I'd say Barnabas certainly has done well for himself! :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

Yoman

May I buy one? Free of charge :P

An excellent use of all these splendid mansions, keep up the awesome work.

tkirch

A Quick Peek Into The ....

patfirefgtr - Thanks for the comment.  Edens coming up tonight.

rooker1 - Thanks.  I know what you mean about the mansions.  You get them and then you think where do I put these behemoths.  But right from the beginning I had decided on a place for them when I did get them.  I think you can over do it if you have them in every city.

bat - Thank you for checking in.

szymcar - Thank you for the great comments.  The 4 Coit Towers I had no choice, they grew there.  I grow most of the office buildings and those popped up.  On one picture they aren't there and on the next they were.  As for the car park, you need places for people to park to go to the Police HQ, Courthouse, or take a stroll in the park.  I figured it wasn't realistic if you don't have a lot of parking.

jmouse - I have to say I didn't decorate those.  Those are all BSC reward lots.  And there are many more of the reward mansions too.

Yoman - I think one may be foreclosed on.  Get it real cheap.

capo

I've been browsing through the 3 pages and I must say that I'm impressed. I really like the buildings you use and it's great how you have gotten them look together so well. You say an update is coming soon so I'll wait with the rest of my comment until I have seen that one :)

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

tkirch

EDENS

The first members of the Edens family to come to Sheboygan County arrive some time in the 1820's from Marmaris and Jackson Counties. They settled on Cedar's Creek andthe shore of Devil's Lake and began to buy land there in 1836. James and Elisha the eldest were the first to appear in the 1840 Sheboygan County census along with Joel and Cornelius their nephews, sons of Jessie who followed shortly afterwards. Jessie and Dorothy Wills Davis Edens followed them from Marmaris Co. to Sheboygan and their first record of obtaining land around the Devil's Lake waters and Cedar Creek was the years of 1847 to 1850. Jessie bought on Cedar Creek and Joel first on Cedar Creek and then Mill's Pond in 1847 and 1848.  In 1855 Jessie's son, Tom bought some land along a small pond a couple miles south of Cedar Creek. Ten years later Tom incorporated the little town that sprung up around his farm and named it after his family Edens.  Tom was the towns first mayor and helped develop some major trading routes within the local Indian tribes.  Today there are many descendants of the early Edens families and all of them could trace their heritage back to the first few.

Tom Edens Farm ... The small shack in the corner was Tom and his wife Dorothy's house.

Some overview shots of Edens

The pond Tom Eden originally built his land around

We'll look at more of Eden a little later.  Don't want to overdo the pictures.

capo

That last picture of Tom Edens his pond is a future Hall of Fame entry! I think that pond gives the word eye-candy a whole new meaning...

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

tkirch

EDENS Continued

Let's take a look at some of the farms around Edens.  The lifeblood of Edens.

Just a quick view of what the homes look like ...

And some of the commercials

And one last picture from this square.  Just a picture that tickled my fancy...

thundercrack83

Wow! Your farms look absolutely fantastic, my friend! I love the layout and all the color--great job! I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

tkirch

A little tutorial ...

NEW PLOPPABLE WATER

I wanted to make a ploppable river.

So first you go into god-mode and use the shallow valley tool.  Make it the size you want.  And begin to drag it along the route you want to take.

Next I wanted bridges over the gap so I went to God Mode and used the Great Rain Mod

And now clicking to let the rain fall.  The rain only stays until you exit the city and when you come back its gone.  Great way to build bridges.

Then drag roads over to make bridges

Now I go into mayor-mode terrain and pull out jeronji's new ploppable water and fill up the valley area the way I want

Next I use jeronji's grass on the same menu to give depth

See the depth

Next I lay some rocks down to give a little more to it, just a few here and there

Then I lay down my favorite trees next to the water

My first attempt at a tutorial, hopefully I'll get better.

Jmouse

Well, I was in the midst of a reply two hours ago when we lost power here in Arkansas. So back to the subject at hand.
The overviews look terrific, and Eden's pond is magnificent. That looks like TPW, but whatever it is, you've put it together very well.
The farms are a joy to see, and I wonder if those fields are available for download?? The variegated colors in the second photo (in your reply #52) really caught my eye, but all the farms and fields are beautiful.
I also like the neighborhoods, and I salute you for doing a great job. :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

*EDIT* I'll take a look at the tutorial ASAP, but we're still having some bad weather.

bat

Wonderful looking update of EDEN and also great using of the new ploppable water. :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Great tutorial, my friend! And your ploppable stream looks fantastic, too! Things are moving along very well here in Badger Bay, I can't wait to see what you've got for us next!

rooker1

Awesome job on the tutorial and the end results are great.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nedalezz

Wow, great update on Edens, it looks like such a lovely little town. The farming pics are great, really nice detail in each one.