• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calibanX

50, 000 is an awesome number. Congratulations. The discussion and family atmosphere draw us back to your corner of SC4Devotion. It's like sitting around the campfire.

Thanks for making this a comfortable place to come David.

Cheers.
Where City and Country Flow Together

Jmouse

Congratulations on 100,000 (*EDIT: total*) views and thousands of posts.
A few days ago when you posted the list of 150 regulars, I couldn't help but think of the MDers who would be thrilled to have 15 regulars. Kind of puts things in a thought-provoking perspective, doesn't it?

Until next time...
Joan

dedgren

And so there you have it.

My great friends and 3RR Regulars* Joan (Jmouse) at 49,999, Fred (freedo50) at 50,000, and Dustin (thundercrack83) at 50,001.  That's, btw, the US Naval Observatory Master Clock site [linkie] keeping time on the left.  Allowing a bit for page refresh, we can say more or less definitively that we reached 50,000 page views at 3RR at 12:47 p.m. Alaska Time (GMT -9) today, January 12, 2008.

We couldn't have done it without every one of you.

100K by the end of 2008?  I certainly think so, and am inspired to make 3RR better than it ever has been before.  Thank you, all our friends out there.  Thank you.

David

* Who, by this time, does not know that a 3RR Regular is someone who has posted at least once here or over at 3RR-ST?
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Kitsune

congrats on the 50K! And I like that train pic....
~ NAM Team Member

freedo50

Well, here are some pics of my own to commemorate the occasion. Here it comes:

...and there it goes

I'm honoured to have been here for it, and I hope that I can be here to see in 100,000 too.

Congratulations!

Fred

JoeST

Well done David... you are surely one of the definite gods of SC4 every update is like a  :o to say the least. I only open your thread after switching my keyboard for the plastic flexi one to save my normal one from being fried with drool.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Ryan B.

Congratulations on 50,000 views, David!  Truly a momentous occasion.  Here's to another 50K!   &apls

Ennedi

It's something very difficult to create a place in which so many people can feel so good.

You made something great David, and it seems it's only a beginning... :D

Congratulations!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

WoW talk about intresting feet here David its something else that ST hit it first then shortly later Devo hit wow!!! OK now lets get the ball rolling here OK, OK kewl LOL

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

Congratulations David on your memorable milestone.  &apls Lets look forward to 3000 comments now and see how fast we can get there. Thats the next big milestone well be aiming for  :thumbsup: Ill most likely be coming here more frequent and say hi as well instead of lurking  :)

Best of luck and future to youre great Tour!

Ryan
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

Congratulations, David! 50,000 views! What an accomplishment, my friend!

I think Adam (Ennedi) put it best above when he said:

Quote from: Ennedi on January 12, 2008, 04:02:06 PM
It's something very difficult to create a place in which so many people can feel so good.

You made something great David, and it seems it's only a beginning... :D

Congratulations!

Adam

Congrats again, my friend!

Dustin

vab423

I'm holding out to be the 100K-th viewer; I've been promised a ticker-tape parade (D. Edgren, you may have to explain it to your audience).   Congratulations, my friend - you done good.  &apls

EDIT: Few folks know that actually the secret to our success is the huge bribes I promise everyone in private messages.  Actually, Vicki, I thought I'd promised you the month at the condo for two at Los Cabos along with airfare- I'll have to keep better track. -DE

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

BigSlark

Bribes? I was the sixth highest poster for 2007 and I never got bribed!

So, contrary what David may have just admitted, not everyone that's a 3RR regular is bribed!  ;D

And congrats on 50,000 views, 3RR is truly an unprecedented undertaking and may 2008 bring 50,000 more!
Cheers,
Kevin

bat

Congrats to 50 000 views, David!!

mightygoose

congrats, i hope the next 50k are just as productive...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Psteverific

Just read your PM... you actually did have to tell me I'd never posted on this site... I had no idea!
So here it is, Psteve's first post on SC4D, in 3RR where it belongs.
Eh Steve!

thundercrack83

Davis' bribed me (and you), too! With things like this...

and this...

...And boy, are they the best bribes going!

Dustin

vab423

EDIT: Actually, Vicki, I thought I'd promised you the month at the condo for two at Los Cabos along with airfare- I'll have to keep better track. -DE

I believe your original offer was for $2 cab rides in Tijuana for a month.  I made up the part about the ticker-tape parade because I didn't want people to think you were cheap.   :P

As someone a couple posts up from me pointed out, you make this a nice place to visit and I'd visit even without the bribes (I just don't post much).

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

dedgren

Things are most assuredly not turning out this weekend as planned...

I've been distracted from the task at hand- getting that WGM post moved along- by stuff going on over the weekend.

I'll in turn try to distract your attention with a few bits of eye candy- the first being Matt's (threestooges) efforts to BAT a cattle guard.

There's some stuff he's working on (height above/below ground issues) but I think he came pretty darn close on the first try.  That's the exact configuration, in any event, that I had in mind, and visually it does, in breaking up the line across the vehicle access to the lot, exactly what I wanted.

Now, here's something that I have still up my sleeve a bit.

Ignore the trees in the corn rows- this is about as quick and dirty as it gets.  Upper left corner...  Notice anything?

Readers speak... we listen.

I've redone the outer edge of the CPI field as an overlay texture and done the corners in grass.  While I like the effect (as opposed to the "bare dirt" appearance of the previous ones), I'd like to find a "rougher" looking grass texture- it strikes me that few farmers would plant a lawn around a CPI field.

But this stuff is, unlike the WGM post, moving along.

Great recent comments, btw.  I should do a We've got Mail...

...ooops...

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

krbe

Hey, the farms look great -- but why are there cattle guards on those that are growing stuff? And no fences -- just like in the mountains back home!

EDIT: Hey, Kristian- there's a lot of cattle guard entrances to fields out in the western U.S. that simply are there because the land might be pasture for some years, then in crops others.  Other times they are there simply to protect growing crops from cattle that are on open rangeland nearby- I guess in case a cow comes wandering down the road.  In 3RR, I plan to mainly use them as one more item of rural "furniture," and to mask the sharp line where a road accesses a transit-enabled farm field.  As to the "no fences" end of things- I just did a test fence for the lot when I was trying to put it together.  I need to look a great deal more closely into the whol SC4 fence world at some point.  Barbed wire, for example, would appear even at the greatest "game" resolution as just a line of fenceposts- the wire, of course, is far too small  an object to BAT.  Just stuff to think about, that's all.  Thanks for your comment. -DE