• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fictional Map Request

Started by DFire870, April 06, 2007, 04:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFire870

Hello,

I have a request for a fictional map. I would like this map to be made for SC4 (without the roads and stuff). It's a map I made for a fictional nation that I have on NationStates.

I know it's a bit small, but I would really love to have this be made into a map. I'm no good at creating my own maps (including importing the image into Terraformer and stuff). If needed, I can make a larger image so the coast can be a bit more detailed.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

dedgren

A few questions...

Also, how many quads (city squares) do you want the map to cover?

Might be able to give you a hand, but need to know this sort of stuff first.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, but will be in the air between Texas and Alaska tomorrow.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

DFire870

Er, right. I thought the map I uploaded was the one with that stuff labeled, but I guess not.

Anyways, here is the labeled version of the map:

Also, the black dots are where the cities are supposed to be, and the green border is just the political boundary, so that can be left out (although it would be nice if there was a depression or something to mark it). And for the desert, just make it flat land. (The spaces in between the mountains are mountain passes/valleys.)

As for the size, I think all large city tiles would do it, and since the dots are supposed to be the cities, it'd be kind of nice if large city tiles could be centered on those dots... And for how many squares, hmm... I'm not exactly sure. I'd like it to be big enough so I could have several large cities, but not so big that it lags my computer. :P

DFire870

Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to know how you're doing on this map.

wouanagaine

No one take the request for now

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4