• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

Wow! Alex and Daniel and everyone, you all have doing great work, I can't wait to play with these new features!

Cheers,
Kevin as he goes back to lurking...

metarvo

Elevated MIS?  I might refrain from using it as a pseudo elevated OWR-1, but I can't make any promises 8).  Impressive as always, Alex.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

CasperVg

Sorry if I was a bit quiet over the past days, but I just stood in awe looking at all the new developments. 3000 posts is certainly deserved for this great project. Although I am personally (still) more a fan of puzzlepieces for elevated networks, probably because that's what I'm used to, but nevertheless I think that many people will like the draggable approach more.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Tarkus

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Well, I do have an interesting update here to show you . . .

If you've been following this project awhile, you may remember this interchange, which our friend Ryan (burgsabre87) had nicknamed the "BYSOI" (Blow Your Socks Off Interchange). 

I had built this nearly 18 months ago with the old puzzle-piece-based MIS prototype, which had to be put aside for awhile when I ended up (unexpectedly) having to take over the entire project shortly thereafter.

Well, I have built up the new draggable system up to the point at which I was more or less able to re-create this interchange.  Complete with the flyover ramp. 

A few pics . . .

Back with more in a little bit.

-Alex (Tarkus)

dedgren

You are just cranking out miracles, Alex.  The ability to elevate MIS lanes, along with the ability to split and combine them, is probably the biggest remaining key to making reasonably realistic RHW interchanges.

Great work, my friend!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

MandelSoft

It's really a BYSOI! You just keep on suprising us with your stuff  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JoeST

Well after seeing that, I was like

and my cat was like

(of course, I don't actually have a cat.... but I don't look like an owl either :P)

Yeah, I went over the top XD but thats like the equivalent of seeing the FAR/FARR by David... you guys like to make us go wow :D and your thanking us? ??? were just sitting here saying WOW a lot :P We should be thanking you for keeping this project alive

also is it going to be possible to drag MIS over/under MIS, and that elevated y is MEAN!!!!!! is it draggable? XD

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Patricius Maximus

You just blew my socks off (not that I have socks on to blow...)

*faints*

*revives*

Great!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

deathtopumpkins

Oh, wow! That is NICE!

The new one looks much better...  :D I love it! This is getting me really excited!

btw, Alex, looks like you've got a bit of a garbage disposal problem in that city there...  ;)

Lastly, those new textures are looking great still!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Streetlight 725

gn_leugim

bat

Great progress here, Tarkus! Looks wonderful!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor....  :shocked2:

not bad!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

thundercrack83

Unbelievable, Alex. Just absolutely unbelievable!

metarvo

That interchange is something else!  I know this may be a dumb question, but I will ask it anyway.  Will this version come with wealth-dependent textures for the MIS, Alex?
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Tarkus

Thanks for the kind words--I'm glad you guys all enjoyed the "revisited" BYSOI.  And there will be plenty more where that came from in a little bit.  To answer a few questions:

Quote from: JoeST on September 09, 2008, 03:29:15 AM
also is it going to be possible to drag MIS over/under MIS, and that elevated y is MEAN!!!!!! is it draggable? XD

Indeed it will, and yes, that Elevated Y is draggable.  The Elevated system works just like the ground system.  I do still need to stabilize some things with the RULs, though on the flyover, since in its current state, the only way to draw it without some sort of deconversion is to draw the MIS flyover first, and the RHW underneath it second. 

Quote from: metarvo on September 09, 2008, 01:26:13 PM
Will this version come with wealth-dependent textures for the MIS, Alex?

Yes, most definitely.  :) I can't stand the sidewalk textures that appear without them either. 

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on September 09, 2008, 04:12:31 AM
btw, Alex, looks like you've got a bit of a garbage disposal problem in that city there...  ;)

Hehe . . . it appears so. :D  It was mostly just intended as a test city just to build that interchange, so I hadn't put any garbage facilities in.

Back with more in a little while . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Haljackey

BYSOI indeed. Excellent work!  Its so much better than the one you posted 18 months ago. 

I am anticipating v.21 even more with each scrennie I see.  I can't wait to see what you and others can do with the new version!   ;)

Best,
-Haljackey

jgehrts

I just can't believe it's already been a year and a half since he first showed off that BYSOI.

metarvo

I know you definitely owe me a new pair or two, Alex.   ;D  I've always wondered why my socks disappear.  Then, I think back to the time I spent viewing these interchanges.  Simply stunning.