• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ronin Region - Update 13: West Hammond Coastal Industry and Fishing Harbors

Started by cubby420, October 18, 2010, 11:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin007

Very nice update there looks like a proper grimy American city not bothering to look beautiful but just realistic.

Will

marsh

Awesome.  &apls It looks amazing. And considering it's all grown that means you put a lot more work into it.  :)

,marsh  :thumbsup:

RickD

Excellent update. I like your photoshopping of the pictures. It creates a special athmosphere.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Battlecat

Well that's a gorgeous introduction to a new town.  I really like how you've used those retaining walls along your railway. 

canyonjumper

Awesome pics Andrew! 3.11 and 3.13 are my favourites, they're very well done!

Your friend,
                                      Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Tomas Neto

Yeah..., great again my friend!!! Awesome update!!!   &apls &apls

cubby420

Hey everybody! I've got something special for you today. Not really special in the good sense of the word though...

Consider these pics my deep cuts from Update 3. They didn't make the last update for one reason or another...but I took them...and edited them...and captioned them...so dammit you all are gonna sit there and look at them!!!   :angrymore:

$%Grinno$%  :satisfied:

So here we have the first pic:

Well this one is a picture that I actually kinda liked. It didn't really fit the overall concept of the update though, and just seemed like it was plucked from out of nowhere. Plus it's not really...of...anything... ??? Bummer...

Moving on to the second:

How do I say this?  &Thk/(  Boring, boring, boring, boring. Ah, that feels better.

Now the third:

For the life of me, I don't know why I took this one.  ()what() Oh well. From another angle it could have looked nice, as there is a raised rail section a little further back.

Almost to the end...four follows three:

Like the first, this one just didn't quite fit the feel of the last update. The industrial areas of Hammond will be dealt with in a coming update, and these pics lacked the context to really work.

And finally:

Another one of those head scratchers that seemed like a good idea when I took it, but really turned out immensely blah... Shame too, because the treatment plant from a higher zoom level actually looks pretty awesome.

Well I hoped you enjoyed this clearing house of pics. A formal update with replies is coming down the pipe soon!

Peace -

Andrew

Nardo69

Well, the first picture may not be fully ... well ... umh ...  compatible I might say with the update but it is an awsome industrial shot - one of the ind you don't see very often!  &apls

nbvc

Great update. Good selection of Lots, everything fits together.

calibanX

I love how each area has it's own distinct look and feel. Downtown Hammond is particularly interesting with the old buildings. Very nice work.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

ManuelR

Looks superb! I really like the park, looks like a nice neighbourhood to live in.:) How did you manage that the NAM-overpass has pavement and fences, it looks amazin?! :)

penguin007

Nice realistic industrial areas there can't wait to see more!!

Will

Tomas Neto

noahclem

Both industrial pics, especially the first one, look great! The treatment plant would too if not for the texture problem at that zoom. The residentials look good too, R$ isn't supposed to be glamorous. I'd consider adding arrows to the MAVE-5's turning lane but it's fine as is too  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

I have to agree with the rest, those pics look great out of context Andrew! Thanks for shoving them in our faces :P

Your friend,
                                    Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

MattyFo

The only one I would say was accually boring would be the shot of Pulaski Park, but the Industrial shots are great!!!
-Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

cubby420

Hey Manuel, I think you're looking for the NAM Facelift Mod.

I'm still sorting out all the specifics of the mod, and I must be missing something either dependency or configuration wise, because the mod also can add a concrete texture underneath the puzzle piece and white guardrails to separate pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Over all though, the mod is great, top quality stuff. Whatever is lost in translation in the readme, I'm sure I will sort out eventually.  ::)

OR...do any of you out there have the NAM Facelift Mod set up to allow the aforementioned guardrails and concrete base texture? The readme translation is just a nightmare as far as I'm concerned. Any help would be appreciated.  ;D

cubby420

I think a return to Torri is in order  :thumbsup: