• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railyard Textures Mega-Pack Vol 1

Started by TheOtherRick, September 19, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOtherRick

I have looked everywhere for this texture pack. It is a dependemcy for SimGoober's Hardun Iron Mine. I checked Diggi's List...not there. I checked "closed requests"...not there. I have searched the LEX, PLEX, and STEX...not there. There are texture packs with similar names, but none work with the lot. Here is the image from the read me...

And here is what I get in game with the wrong railyard textures...

You can see why I need this texture pack. I have all of the other dependencies required.

Thanks for any help.

vester

Try this one:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/15976-rail-yard-and-spur-textures-mega-pack-1/

The 15976 is the same number as in the readme. STEX has been update at one time and all the old links stopped working.

If you find an old link like this one:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=15976
(taken from the readme)

try copy that 5 numbers and and and paste them in:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=15976

Indiana Joe

You're sure it's neither this one nor this one?

You can always change the textures using the lot editor; I'm sure you can find some replacements in those packs.

TheOtherRick

Thanks for the replies. Sadly, the screenie I posted is what happens with the lot when using the texture pack that all three of you suggested. I originally thought it was that pack as well. So the short answer is...nope, that's not it.  :(

@ Indiana Joe - Alas, I am not a user of the LE or a maker of BATs, lots, or mods. I suppose I could learn, but I really don't want to start down that road yet. Thanks for the suggestion though.  :thumbsup:

whatevermind

Quote from: TheOtherRick on September 19, 2013, 07:31:43 PM
...when using the texture pack that all three of you suggested. I originally thought it was that pack as well.

Just to make sure, you do know that Versions 1 and 1.02 of those textures are different packs, right? If you don't have both versions linked to by Indiana Joe in your plugins, you should. A lot of people get tripped up by the naming of those packs, but a lot of older lots use the textures in 1 that aren't in 1.02.

Of course, it could also be some more obscure set of rail textures, or even buried in a general texture mega pack. So even having both of those packs might not help.

APSMS

^^^
@Whatevermind: Agreed. Despite the claims (or seeming claims) of 1.02 to override pack 1, in fact they seem to use different IIDs, so having one (I had the later version) will not fix earlier lots.

After having dozens of lots with blank textures, I finally tried this (on a whim) and lo and behold... SG Hardun Iron MIne was one of the LOTs fixed! So, yeah, the second file in Indiana Joe's links should work.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

vortext

Quote from: APSMS on September 19, 2013, 09:49:44 PM
they seem to use different IIDs, so having one (I had the later version) will not fix earlier lots.

That's actually pretty clearly stated:
QuoteThese are the very same textures that were released back in 2006, with ONE exception: They have a different TGI number. [...]  Railyard Texture Mega-Pack Vol 1.dat may still be needed as a dependency for older lots

Granted the name seem to imply it's a replacement pack but when it comes to railyards and such, one should definitely have both texture packs in the plugins.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

TheOtherRick

Having both texture packs in my plugins has fixed the problem. The textures are showing on the lot now. Thanks for your help! 

Boeing777300ER

Sorry for bumping this post, I have found this plugin at last thanks to you guys,  &apls it is required for the ComRail maintenancre depot, which I can now use with all the textures showing.

Many many thanks!!!

Dave.