• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

This lot is just awesome in every detail and texture! &apls (and, on a side note, it shows just how space-inefficient the modern world really is...)

oh, and I could spend a day looking at that water texture ::)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

dyoungyn

Quote from: Simmer2 on March 04, 2016, 07:58:50 AM
Quote from: Tyberius06 on March 03, 2016, 03:02:15 PM
Wow!
It's very nice. I can see it in my next seaport area.  :bnn: :popcorn: &apls &apls &apls

Thank you!

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 03, 2016, 03:24:32 PM
Looks AWESOME.  Only one item of complaint, in one pix you show, the trucks along the rails are all going in the same direction.  Shouldn't they be going in opposite directions from each side of the tracks?
Simmer2,

That is interesting to know.  I had no idea.  Regardless, your work is AWESOME and I cannot wait to FINALLY build a real  rail yard with cargo.  Great job again.

That is intended. Trucks can only go in one direction in these type of terminals.
Look here.

Oh and things are proceeding fast now.

One more

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

Still working on the timed prop families. There will be quite a few.
I'm even including blank props to the families for a truly random look  :thumbsup:
Heck, even the cranes will be timed.

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Well, while my latest project is in the oven, cooking, I figured I would pick another project to play with and I came up with yet another proper lot sorely missing in game and make it a la Simmer. A Train Repair Yard.
Building models for such a project are far few however in light of a recent release, I may have a solution.

So here is the real deal.

Actual Google image.
________________________________________________________________________________

Gugu3

Sure we can expect another great lot from you :thumbsup:

FrankU

Oh yes! We are expecting a top notch project!
We won't be satisfied with less, now that youhave shown what you can do.
Anyway.... these train yard textures just might be the solutions to my questions concerning a Container Seaport project I was working on the other day.  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Not sure you're aware of it, but the picture you posted is from the Minneapolis light rail system. (You can tell by the tight curves and stuff.)

Here's some examples of maintenance shops I could think of:

https://bit.ly/1UbaSHG
https://bit.ly/1pvH2SV
https://bit.ly/1R3GFox

Cheers
Willy

Simmer2

Thank you GUgu3, FrankU and Swordmaster

Ah yes Willy, I could make them all :D If I had the proper building models.

The Intermodal Yard is proceeding well.
I have created 288 timed props so far..... :P
The tough part is being able to use the modular components with as little repetition as possible. So far though I'm doing ok.

Cheers
Nick

carlfatal

Wasn´t that active in the last months but it seems I should be again!  :bnn:
You did one of the most horrible jobs out there to make this texture set, and from now on, SC4 with RRW is not only a solution, it is a must. Thank You soooooo much!  &apls &apls &apls

Away from that I definately like your lots, although I need to clean them from props I can´t use on my damn old machine here. But your use of buildings is fantastc, the details on the lots are amazing, and - most important: here is someone lotting, who knows how a railyard must look.

Keep the outstanding work, I am totally exited...  :)

EDIT: You deserve much more than only one KP for all this work. So one from my side too...   $%Grinno$%

Simmer2

Thank you carlfatal and also for KP  :)

New update on the Intermodal Terminal. A few more props and tweaks and its ready for testing in a fully populated city.
Being modular you can make a 26, 34, 42 or 50 tile long Terminal.
Also its designed to be fully Transit enabled.
The one shown is the 42 tiles long version made with the modular pieces.

Almost there....

Gugu3

mgb204

Simply fantastic. Can't wait to get my gubby mits on it. Where oh where will I put it though... Ah I'll just demolish some homes, sims don't mind that, right?

Vizoria

<slobbers>

Too much railyard goodiness! Great work!

carlfatal

Mindblowing!  &apls

Yesterday I´ve played a bit with your texture sets in the LE. I really like the diversity, and it was fun to build a first attempt for a station. I am not sure, but it should be possible to create stations with diagonal entrances - what an improvement.  :thumbsup:

But where all the light is, is some shadow too. So I have some small critics: On the sidings lots you used german semaphores, but sadly in the wrong position. The arm should point away from the tracks.  $%Grinno$%

Btw: The KP wasn´t imaginery, seems I am allowed to give it to you! Thank you for the work!

Simmer2

Hi carlfatal
You are right regarding the semaphores  $%Grinno$%. I guess in the rush to finish them I did not re-check the proper position.
I'm designing a new set of True Sidings for a different rail configuration and as soon as I'm done, I will make the proper correction on the old ones.
I edited my prior post regarding the KP. Thank you  &apls

Simmer2/Nick

dyoungyn

Sweet!!!  Sweet as candy when we are all young kids tasting sweetness for the first time :thumbsup:  Great job and making room in my very roomy county side along side my numerous rail line.

FrankU

Maybe I'll try tomake my next seaport container terminal as an addon to this monster?
Seems appropriate....

Shark7

Hmm, looks like I'm going to have to start making realistic looking railyards now...because with your latest rail lots I have no excuse for taking shortcuts anymore.   ;D

Very nice looking rail related lots you have made.  :thumbsup:

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Simmer2

Quote from: Gugu3 on March 07, 2016, 03:01:26 PM
Sure we can expect another great lot from you :thumbsup:

Gugu3, as always  :thumbsup:

Quote from: mgb204 on March 10, 2016, 03:37:09 PM
Simply fantastic. Can't wait to get my gubby mits on it. Where oh where will I put it though... Ah I'll just demolish some homes, sims don't mind that, right?

Robin you should ask the mayor before you demolish any homes..... "$Deal"$

Quote from: Vizoria on March 10, 2016, 03:46:56 PM
<slobbers>

Too much railyard goodiness! Great work!

Vizoria, no such thing as too much railyard  :D

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 11, 2016, 09:03:06 AM
Sweet!!!  Sweet as candy when we are all young kids tasting sweetness for the first time :thumbsup:  Great job and making room in my very roomy county side along side my numerous rail line.

Dyoungyn, that's a thought, perhaps I should include a digital chocolate aroma with my uploads  :D :D

Quote from: FrankU on March 11, 2016, 10:24:52 AM
Maybe I'll try tomake my next seaport container terminal as an addon to this monster?
Seems appropriate....

Frank, good idea but this is a "sealand" terminal. I will explain more later  ;)

Quote from: Shark7 on March 11, 2016, 11:15:05 AM
Hmm, looks like I'm going to have to start making realistic looking railyards now...because with your latest rail lots I have no excuse for taking shortcuts anymore.   ;D

Very nice looking rail related lots you have made.  :thumbsup:

Shark7, promise?  :)

Quote from: compdude787 on March 11, 2016, 01:19:47 PM
Wow!!! Awesome!!! :o

compdude787, why thank you  :)

Cheers
Nick