• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdp123789

Wow.. I just caught up with this whole thread, and managed to see your uploads.. again.. wow!

kelis

Definitely I will do my best to try to adapt this lot and use it in my japanese region, it is really nice my friend !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simmer2

Thank you cmdp123789 and kelis

Going forward with the Terminal. I'm now preparing a PDF tutorial for proper installation.

I will soon be posting more pics with all the individual modular components....stay tuned.

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Swordmaster

Simmer2

Thanks Willy.

Here is a brief explanation on the modular components.

As you already know I designed this Intemodal Terminal to be modular and I achieved it by creating 10 separate pieces.
8 components are static and 2 are the repeaters.
All components are populated with different timed families to avoid repetitions and emulate activity throughout the day and night.

S2 and S5 are the pieces that will be plopped up to 4 times in order to have either the 26, 34, 42 or 50 tiles length Terminal.
S2 is where the main building is and I made it so that every time you plop it you get a 1 of 5 possible buildings.
Also, S2 and S3 are modded to be medium wealth manufacturing lots with 98 jobs each.
S1 is designed to be an actual freight yard thus you will see freight trains leaving this lot.
Rail pieces 26, 34, 42 and 50 have been modded to allow only freight trains to run through the lot, keeping the lot realistic. You only plop the one length you need.
S4 and S6 are static pieces with prop families.

All parts will show up in game under the rail icon so as to keep everything together.
Here are some pictures to better explain the lots.

Cheers
Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Vizoria

Mandarin(a)

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Tyberius06

Well... well.
It's huge. And it's awesom. The only problem is, that I still can not find this in my plugin folder.  :D :) ;) And I don't understand why.  ;) I'm not unpatient just greedy.

But seriously, thank you for your hard work. All these specifications (e.g. modularity, timed props) are amazing.

Thanks!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thank you all for following me on yet another great project!!

You can now get it here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3351

Time to work on something else :D

carlfatal

Simply wonderful, and hehe, downloaded it directly!  :bnn:

Thanks a lot!  &apls

kbieniu7

Impressive! Thank you for your awesome work!  &apls :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

FrankU

Impressive! Wow.

Just one thing that struck my eye:
The repeating lot S2 contains prop families of warehouses and trucks. The result is that on every lot you see trucks on the same location. Not always the sam trucks, because it's families, but trucks nontheless.
I have a small improvement that you could add.
You could add blank props to the prop families. This would mean that some times there is no visible prop: no truck on that location.
Of course you could make a new prop family and even you could make props with prop random chance, but there is a simple way.

Maxis provided blank props. Their IID's are: 0x8f81378a, 0x8f81378b, 0x8f81378c, 0x8f81378d, 0x8f81378e, 0x8f81378f.

After you have plopped the prop families on your lot, you save the lot, exit LotEditor (or SC4-Pim) and open the lot in Reader.
At the end of the LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData of the according prop (remember the IID of the prop family and find it as the last number in the list) you add one or more of the IID's above. Save and exit.
When you now plop the lot the game chooses between the props in the family and the blank prop. Meaning: say the family contains six truck and you have added one blank prop. The chance of the blank prop appearing is now 1 out of 7.

There is a tutorial by smoncrie about this technique. You find it here.
I use this technique a lot and it is really very versatile.

Simmer2

Quote from: FrankU on March 21, 2016, 12:45:40 AM
Impressive! Wow.

Just one thing that struck my eye:
The repeating lot S2 contains prop families of warehouses and trucks. The result is that on every lot you see trucks on the same location. Not always the sam trucks, because it's families, but trucks nontheless.
I have a small improvement that you could add.
You could add blank props to the prop families. This would mean that some times there is no visible prop: no truck on that location.
Of course you could make a new prop family and even you could make props with prop random chance, but there is a simple way.

Maxis provided blank props. Their IID's are: 0x8f81378a, 0x8f81378b, 0x8f81378c, 0x8f81378d, 0x8f81378e, 0x8f81378f.

After you have plopped the prop families on your lot, you save the lot, exit LotEditor (or SC4-Pim) and open the lot in Reader.
At the end of the LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData of the according prop (remember the IID of the prop family and find it as the last number in the list) you add one or more of the IID's above. Save and exit.
When you now plop the lot the game chooses between the props in the family and the blank prop. Meaning: say the family contains six truck and you have added one blank prop. The chance of the blank prop appearing is now 1 out of 7.

There is a tutorial by smoncrie about this technique. You find it here.
I use this technique a lot and it is really very versatile.

Hi Frank. Been there done that :)
There are several blanks included in my families.
The trucks parked at the docks have it active.
The one for the trailers is there but not active, here is why. There are 5 different timed families of trailers on that lot and when I use a blank, it makes the lot look kind of empty therefore I chose to leave it out of the line up.

Nick

Oh and btw I found an easier way to make invisible props than the one you are referring to.
X-Pim is a very powerful tool.

FrankU

All right then, Nick....

Even easier? What is easier than using something that is already there? Please tell me?

Frank

Simmer2

Quote from: FrankU on March 21, 2016, 01:31:39 PM
All right then, Nick....

Even easier? What is easier than using something that is already there? Please tell me?

Frank

In X-PIM you have the option to make an invisible prop. Just drag and drop your prop in the "invisible prop" line on your left, and assign the same prop family IID as the props you need a blank into and you are done. You even have the option to turn it into an RTK 4 prop for timing purpose.
I have probably made well over 300 props this way.
No need to open the reader.

Nick

FrankU

Hmm, yes. I know the routine. Indeed that is simple. But it has the disadvantage that I have to make new props. And in my opinion it's better not to make new props if I can avoid it. I have props enough in my plugins already. Therefore I prefer my way of doing.

Simmer2

Of course Frank :)
We each have our own way of doing things.
I like plain pancakes and some people like them with blueberries  :D
The end result is the same  :thumbsup:

Peace

Nick.

Simmer2

I have been busy as of lately with something..different.
A power plant but with a twist!
This one is for the team, the NUT team  ;)

The building was created by our very talented vester and it will be uploaded on the LEX along with other building props by the author, soon.
Lot, modding and custom textures created by me.
It has its own coal hopper depot and I designed it so that any rail traffic will pass through the lot for that realistic look  ;D

Well here are some pics to illustrate my new project which incidentally its called "SM2 NUTS VDK Swan Mill Power Plant"

And here you can clearly see the night commuter train going through the lot.

vortext

Such a treat these industrial power plant models and props will soon finally be available!  &apls

And as per usual the lotting is outstanding, too.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana