• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Quote from: belfastsocrates on October 21, 2016, 07:25:38 AM
Depot loveliness! I need to think now where I'll place it :D

Are you considering a Euro-style subway train prop in addition to the US type? Maybe the snazzy new trains planned for the London Underground  ::)  :satisfied:

Not at this time, sorry  :(

I do have an update on the HD stone project.
Here are a few.
________________________________________________________________________________

noahclem

Rocks look very good and we can always use more good HD rocks  &apls  Nice work on the aqueducts and other projects as well  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thanks noa and welcome back!

This is still WIP but its getting there.

New depot buildings for my upcoming SM2 Subway Train Depot. Low res at the moment but they will be HD on final renders.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

belfastsocrates

Looking good so far!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Mikey Knox

Hey Simmer, what happened to the massive Oil Rail Yard you where working on? Did i missed it?

Simmer2

Quote from: Mikey Knox on October 27, 2016, 09:56:04 AM
Hey Simmer, what happened to the massive Oil Rail Yard you where working on? Did i missed it?

Still waiting for MushyMushy to complete the prop pack in order to upgrade the lots.

matias93

That was such a huge work! It seems reasonable that she, also being doing textures for the NAM 35's NWM, could need more time to end it. Anyway, it would be magnifical when done, so the wait is more than worth!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

noahclem

Looking good! Will be great to have a subway depot, and in HD too boot :thumbsup:  I'd forgotten about the oil rail yard but am very much looking forward to that as well!

Simmer2

Thank you all!

Next piece of the subway depot is done! Full HD  ;D

SM2 Main Transformer used to feed the power hungry 3rd rail. 27,000 Kva to 625 Kva.
Here it is just shown on a small lot but it will be part of the main subway depot.

Nick

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Simmer2 on October 30, 2016, 12:29:43 AM
1. 2.
3. 4.

Nick

It'll be nice to have a standalone version! ;)
Ah, great work on the depot. :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

manga rivotra

This HD transfromer is so cute !  :) , and I love the new rock, is it that there will be shadows onto the rocks ? (this is a big plus for realism in my opinion )

Krasner

That is a nice transformer, full HD changes this kind of things to the better :) Be careful, I can see a red point on the top, it might be an export glitch.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 30, 2016, 04:07:05 AM
It'll be nice to have a standalone version! ;)

Some small standalone transfomers have been created already vinlabsc3k, the best ones I know are from DocRorlach, Bipin and Uki. I can give you some links if you like  :) (by the way I am not against a standalone version !)
ANARCHIST !!

Simmer2

@vinlabsc3k Thank you and yes, there will be a stand alone lot for it.

@manga rivotra Thanks! The stones are being very carefully textured to resemble reality as much as possible.

@maharadjahdesaboum Thank you! The red point is intentional, its actually an aircraft warning light. They are very prevalent here when I drive by these type of installations.
Here are a couple of night shots showing it lit and also other night lights effects.

Simmer2/Nick

Krasner

Quote from: Simmer2 on October 31, 2016, 07:09:52 AM
@maharadjahdesaboum Thank you! The red point is intentional, its actually an aircraft warning light. They are very prevalent here when I drive by these type of installations.

Ok sorry  :) You learned me something ()stsfd()
ANARCHIST !!

manga rivotra

Quote@manga rivotra Thanks! The stones are being very carefully textured to resemble reality as much as possible.
Maybe I did not express properly  ::) : textures are perfect for me, I spoke only of the possibility that other other objects (trees, buildings, etc.) can have their own shadow visible on the rocks. ( as nbvc rock path, chrisadam ones or Heblem sand for exemple ) Peg's ones don't have which is a pity because they are very beautiful.
Superb work on the transformer, I am also delighted that he is standalone.  :thumbsup:

MushyMushy

I would imagine these rocks can't have shadows cast on them because these rocks are bigger. The reason the paths and rock/dirt mmps from the people you listed can have shadows cast on them is because they are very flat. SC4 shadows are simply a 2D skewed image of the thing casting them and the shadows can only cover things that sit very very low on the ground plane. This is why nearly all models can't have shadows cast on them by other props, and these rocks/boulders look too big to have shadows cast on them.

Simmer2

@maharadjahdesaboum It is ok  :)

@manga rivotraMushy's explanation is spot on.

@MushyMushy Thank you for clarifying the shadow issue. :thumbsup:

Things are now progressing pretty fast. Here is the transformer again but with a custom made barbed wire metal fence I completed last night and signage.
Also....rocks! Lots of rocks!!

Silur

Great job. I really like, and the stones are just fantastic. Thank you and good luck

kbieniu7

Good job. For me, I look more at the transformers, I looked for such ones few months ago  :thumbsup: And the rocks look over-HD'ed :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

vortext

Great work on the stones!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana