• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

It is settled then. They will be included on the next industrial prop pack.

I have not forgotten my SC4 projects. I'm still working on my house on 2 concurring big projects thus the delay. Someone said "Real life first..." Whenever I have time to spare, I do work on model making for SC4. Once I'm done with the house I will get back to my usual.

SM2 Global Logistic prop making is done. I just have to make the lotting and Bob's your uncle  :D

Here is a glimpse on what I would like SM2 Fuel Terminal to look like once I'm done with the models.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

korver

This is going to be one incredible lot once you're done with it! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Simmer2

Uhmm I don't see much interest. Perhaps I should relegate the entire project in the "no fun" bin.

Oh well, on to the other stuff then.

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

Perhaps You shouldn't :D :D :D
It's summer, less acitvity, and for example I'm looking for the download button, but hasn't found yet... So I'm disappointed now... :D :D :D

Anyhow, it will be huge, and looking forward to seeing more about the lot what you are building...

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Getron

Quote from: Tyberius06 on July 12, 2017, 11:09:14 AM
Anyhow, it will be huge, and looking forward to seeing more about the lot what you are building...

- Tyberius/Tibi

Same here. Looking forward to how this will develop. ;)

Please do not stop.

eggman121

Nick if it is any consolation the whole site has had fewer visitors due to it being summer in the northern hemisphere.

If you are feeling burnt out, (I know I do some times). A break should be had.

We all appreciate all the work you have done! I for one am a big fan of yours! You put the RRW at the focus of your work and made it more palatable for users too use and I consider you to be a good friend and a great team mate. I took over the NAM side of the RRW to keep it going and your work has propelled that further.

I do understand the frustration for which kind reply's thin out, but they are circumstantial.

Ever since the Like button came in you are the most liked member on the forum. You do amazing work and it is all very appreciated!

I hope you will stay :)

-eggman121/ Stephen

tigerbuilder

I agree with everyone...I follow your threads with great anticipation, however I don't usually comment because I feel like it is just sort of general "This is awesome looking! You are a great creator. Cant wait to see this project finished and on the exchange." Perhaps I should just add the comment anyway however so simple.

I love the rail in SC4 and you have made some really great stuff for it. Also, these latest oil related BATs are stunning good.

I hope you realize there is lots of interest in your work. Thank you for all you've done and hopefully continue to do.

Cheers,
Tiger

jaredh

I read your thread regularly. 

I simply don't post much anywhere and really never have.  Don't be discouraged....the stuff you are doing is essentially at Somy's level of greatness. 

Alan_Waters

Nick, it seems to me that in this industrial zone there is not a lot of cisterns and tanks.

;) ;) ;)

tomvsotis

Quote from: Simmer2 on July 12, 2017, 10:40:49 AM
Uhmm I don't see much interest. Perhaps I should relegate the entire project in the "no fun" bin.

Oh well, on to the other stuff then.

Simmer2/Nick

Heyyyyy this is one of those forums where there's a fair bit of lurking – not many of us can/do make BATs, so there's often not much to contribute beyond an occasional "wow" when you release one of your creations! That doesn't mean there's no interest, tho — quite the opposite, actually! There are very few people still actively making BATs for this game these days, and even fewer who are nearly as good as you. So please, keep it up!

Simmer2

Thanks for the replies but I'm not going anywhere. I was merely stating a fact. If I see no acknowledgments of my work then I think its pointless to pursue the project, therefore I will move on to other projects I have on the docks and keep the "uninteresting" projects in my plugin.

Anyhow, here is an update on the Fuel Terminal. I'm merely showing the Aral logo because they are ready. These are complete sets and can be plopped stand alone or use them in gangs to connect with other sets in a modular fashion and in turn connect the whole storage system to the rail fuel receiving station and the delivery truck loading stations.

Here are a few renders with 4 small tanks. One set is in a square format (4x3) and the other is linear (4x2). Both have custom pipe networks.

Simmer2

Alan_Waters

Fantastic attention to detail! Bravo!  &apls &apls &apls
But we are still waiting for the fuel terminal.  ;)

feyss

That's a nice and realistic addition  :thumbsup:

tigerbuilder

This is all looking so great, Simmer. I love making refinery stuff, and this is going to be a game changer for me. Your BAT skills are becoming legendary looking...The textures are really nice. This pack you are working on is going to be a "must have" in my game!  :thumbsup:

Getron

I love your start  :thumbsup: You make it look so realistic.  &apls

But I was wondering:

Will you make also pipe pros?
And will you again make the pipes look more used? Like you did before?
And will you use the pipes from MushyMushy?

Keep going  ;D

matias93

I'll be direct: Nick, the problem with your approach is that everything you touch becomes a work of art, so we simple mortals end confused about what we want you to show us and to dedicate more time to. I've been literally freezed in front of the screen for long lapses of time looking at all the awesome details and forgetting to even give a like. That's something that happens.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Alan_Waters

Matias93, very artistic, and most importantly - very accurately said.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dyoungyn

Ditto,

Now that is mentioned, very detailed and outstanding.  Something that is dearly missed.  Also will go beautifully with the Awesome pipe network so craftily  created.

Simmer2

Thank you Alan_Waters, feyss, tigerbuilder, matias93 and dyoungyn

@Getron
I will be making a set of industrial oil pipes.

Refineries and depots oil pipes cannot be rusted/decrepit or otherwise in bad shape. I did an in depth search on oil pipe maintenance and found that just about every oil company has dedicated crews of men for maintaining oil lines in perfect order. Mine will be something in between. Mostly off white with dust or a shade of gray.

I cannot speak for Mushy's pipes. They are her creations.

If decrepit is what you aim for, then here is an old decommissioned spherical oil tank. I just finished. Perfect for that out of the way oil depot old tank farm awaiting demolition.
They are standalone units.

Simmer2

dyoungyn

Wow,

Love the detail explanation and an interesting learning experience.  I always thought your pipes would work as they are already done.

You truly do stupendous work, keep it up the great imagination.