• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi.

SM2 Metal Coatings Inc
. is now online here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3544

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Page 1 lot list has been amended http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

(Uploads count now stands at 39)

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Getron

Welcome back  :thumbsup:

And that with a new lot  :P.

Jack_wilds

Thanks for the new lot...  :thumbsup:
it has character and thought... :D

Simmer2

I'm glad everyone liked the last lot. :thumbsup:

This is another piece of the SM2 Fuel Terminal puzzle that I have been working on.
Still very much Work In Progress

It's the Kerosene Tank Array. Many more pipes and structural pieces to be added. Also the textures may not be final.

Hope you like it ;)

Simmer2/Nick

tomvsotis

Your models always look so good! Out of interest: do you make them from scratch in gmax, or do you model them in something else then import them?

ojisan1287

Your lots always had amazed me, continue with this fantastic job &apls &apls
BTW i have a question about the trees in your pics, do you use ploppable trees in mayor mode or any tree brush with girafe's trees?

Alan_Waters

Very natural. &apls
I recall some details of the exterior of the game "S.T.A.L.K.E.R". ;)

Simmer2

@tomvsotis I always start with a primitive from scratch in Gmax.

@ojisan1287 Anything within the lots are props I place. Trees without are MMP's.

@Alan_Waters Sorry Alan, never heard of that game.

Thank you for the replies and likes.

Here is the completed Kerosene Tank Array. Before and after. Plus many new pipe pieces.

Simmer2/Nick

Ernestmaxis

Like the trucks say: Alles super! :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Re-doing some of the models with custom made LODs. Found that some parts are creating unnecessary clipping when placed in close proximity..

It will be done, no matter what it takes  :-[

Simmer2/Nick

APSMS

I think maybe the unrusted parts of the tanks, where painted white, would do to be a little less white. I dunno why, but those parts look a little bit off compared to how the rest of the tank looks.

Also, not to make tons extra work but I think it would have been cool if you could have made each tank separately and then used prop families to randomly assort the tanks which were part of every lot, but I'm aware of the modding nightmare that would be given the tight LODs necessary to get the small yellow piping over the top without clipping.

Either way, it's looking good!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

mr.fusion

Hallo Simmer2, the tanker trucks and the workers seem to be out of scale. Compare them to the tanking waggons, then you'll see what I mean. Minus 40 % or so should do, I guess.
Very nice things you're creating, though!

tigerbuilder

Looking so awesome...keep it up, please!

Cheers, tiger

Simmer2

Thank you for the suggestions...

Adding to the prop pack....

Heavy duty "gondola" style 16 wheels flat car for those short extra heavy industrial hauls...

Simmer2

jaredh

It would definitely have to be a "short" haul.  Most major river crossings in the US would be a no-go for something that high.

Simmer2

@Jaredh yup definitively short!

New toys to play with. (This is just a test lot to showcase the props)

Interchangeability of loads with the use of just 1 rail car...

Pics are better than a 1000 words.

Simmer2

( Yea I know. I need to stop making new stuff and concentrate on the ones I already made)

brick_mortimer

Thanks for bringing more variety, beautiful  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Simmer2 on October 08, 2017, 11:13:26 PM
...( Yea I know. I need to stop making new stuff and concentrate on the ones I already made)
maybe, but OTOH: New toys!  ;D
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Simmer2

Thank you brick_mortimer!

New sidings coming soon.

Sample.

Simmer2/Nick

kelis

Alles super !! Those train props are very useful, I will give them a good use in the future  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||