• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

That looks excellent and the third rail texture is very good. Would you consider alternative subway train props as a later project? Maybe something like the London Underground S7 stock?
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Quote from: belfastsocrates on April 27, 2018, 03:59:12 AM
That looks excellent and the third rail texture is very good. Would you consider alternative subway train props as a later project? Maybe something like the London Underground S7 stock?

Perhaps...

2 more random pics. Still WIP.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Re-rendered the angled building with a better roof and added several more props.

Here is a better view...you can see the underground access ramps.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Andreas

Heh, admittedly, now the roof of the angled building looks a little too grimy, compared to the all-new looking straigt ones. ;) I also wondered about the nightlights in the parked subway cars, shoudn't they be dark (and if there was some cleaning staff or so in them, wouldn't an entire row of cars be lit equally?).

Obviously, those are minor issues, I really like the idea of such a large subway maintenance yard, all the little details make it alive, and the rail textures are top-notch, as usual! The subway tunnel entry looks great as well! :)

The only "downside" is that we'd have to wait for a new set of GLR textures in that style, in case we'd want to build a lightrail system on multiple levels. But maybe you're working on something like that already? :popcorn:
Andreas

Kitsune

That subway tunnel entrance is great ! .... any change of a diagonal too ? :)
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

Quote from: Kitsune on May 02, 2018, 12:34:41 PM
That subway tunnel entrance is great ! .... any change of a diagonal too ? :)

I think you'll find that's one of mine. As for diagonal variants, maybe in the future I might consider it, the model itself is no real work, but the modding would be. Considering I've barely done anything SC4 related for months, I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Gugu3

Excellent lot! Very nice indeed &apls

mattb325

Looks great! All those trains and no graffiti  $%Grinno$% :D

Simmer2

@Andreas The angled building was the original repair shop, the ortho buildings are far newer  ;D Oh and I already have a GLR texture pack ready, I just do not see why I should upload it. No one is making GLR related lots anymore.
Im going to base the subway lot on the RRW scheme therefore the lot will act as a rail lot without being a station. The subway to rail ramps will have to be plopped outside the lot just like I have shown. Thanks!

@Kitsune, Robin answered your query and thanks for the likes!

@mgb204 Thanks for the answer.

@Gugu3 Thank you!

@matt325....dang! I already rendered all the variations, 9 in total. Perhaps I will render 2 or 3 NY graffiti style :) Thank you!

Now for something different. I have been working on sunken rail stations and have finally worked out the proper dimensions and LOD setup so that automata can be seen crossing the lot. It may look drab and dirty but that is exactly what I want to portray, a bare bone no frills utilitarian sunken train station.

This one shown is just a mock up made in low res and it works as intended. Therefore WIP alert.
The final model will be in HD with far more details (full railings, news stand, ticket kiosk and night lights)

WIP

Simmer2

eggman121

That is so cool Nick  :thumbsup:

There are some of these stations that have been Grade separated from the road network here in Melbourne and these may give you some Inspiration

Also Here is another station just south on the same line.

I did with some success try to make some sunken stations but of course I can't beat the master :D

-eggman121 (Stephen)

feyss

It looks promising  :thumbsup:

brick_mortimer

Very useful, thanks!
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Simmer2

Almost done!! I just got to complete the night lights  :)

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Oh, it's goood! :)
I like this, only one little thing. There isn't any STEP FREE access. Which fine by me, but those poor disabled folks... :(
HOWEVER, I know plenty of places even in bigger cities (not to mention Budapest), where also there isn't any STEP FREE access.

Anyway, this will be a really nice addition, thanks for making it! :)

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

brick_mortimer

It's very austere. And that's very fitting for an urban station like this &apls

love the posters btw :)
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

matias93

Nice!!!  :bnn:
According to your tests, it is possible to add props over the model, or they end z-fighting? I would be interested on relotting it with a cantilevered roof, to make a 'refurbished' station.
Anyway, simply great work, as always. You have real talent!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

PaPa-J

Very Sharp!  Another great work, indeed.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

feyss

Very good!

If I may add something, I would say that the upper part is a bit empty. Maybe adding a small newspaper shop or a former ticket counter could be great  :)

mattb325

Good job. A few more sunken stations are sorely needed....and it's good to see something quite utilitarian.  ;)

bombardiere

Great.  :thumbsup: This is perhaps bit too utilitarian and concretian for my taste, but there not that many sunken railwaystations so a new one is welcomed.  :)

Again, I have not been active with batting, but perhaps one day will do something similar that will match my personal taste.  :P