• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Woow Nick!

This looks really nice and the night view is amazing! Also thanks for releasing those beautiful lighthouses, they are fantastic additions to our game!

Keep up the good work!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi

Bridge building is so satisfying..

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

kbieniu7

OH, it looks lovely! How it will work? IS it going to be an eye-candy overhanging plop or an actual functional bridge?
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Kitsune

... well I could make it functioning. Although I dunno if simmer modeled it correctly.
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

kbieniu7  Thank you. It is eye candy only.

Kitsune Too many polygons to make it functional. I like it in HD anyways.

A closer look.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Awesome work Nick :thumbsup: &apls

It is indeed possible to make your Bridge functional with the DBE. I will describe the steps below...

Never mind the reskin in on this demonstration! I will show why later in this post.

So basically to get an orthogonal segment of the rail network you can do the following...

1) Draw over the road with the Rail network.

2) The network will be DTR as a default so you will have to override it to STR.

3) Once the water is put back in place you will have something like in the picture below...

Now here is why I was using the reskin...

I have made some RRW default to Reskin that can be overridden to STR as well as the default DTR as shown below...

For the bridge I recommend making it into pieces such as an end piece and a middle piece.

Thanks for all your great creations  &apls I hope the method I described was constructive for you?

-eggman121 (Stephen)

Simmer2

Oh? Great Stephen  :thumbsup:

I will make a test lot with an offset model to see if it works.

To split it its no problems. I made it in 16m sections so its easy. I will just have to make adjustment to the metal texture so that it will not show repetitions.
I will also have to implement the LOD trick for adjacent plops... ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going back a page or two I showed a render of this baby.

SM2 Longstone Lighthouse is now in the game.

I made the rock base with custom LODs for best visual. It can be plopped in any scenario.

1) On deep water.

2) On shallow water ( You can see the rock base)

3) On land

4) In between

5) On different terrain gradients so that more or less base will show according to terrain elevation.

Tons of possibilities..

Simmer2

Simmer2

Still playing around with my STR bridge.

Here is a prototype.

Simmer2

PaPa-J

Love what you have been doing lately SM2.  The bridge is going to be awesome!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

fantozzi

I'm getting a little nervous, sorry. Hope you are fine. Please stay healthy!  :sunny:

CT14

Hi @Simmer2,
I released a pack of I-M fillers which use your Chain Link and Dirty Concrete fences, as well as some other props from SM2 Vol 1, 2. These fillers were teased in some pictures from the past but never released anywhere yet. Thanks for the great props!

Simmer2

While on assignment in Vancouver I saw a very large industrial structure in one of the city's ports.  The Alliance Grain Terminal.
Here is a section of it, still missing all the industrial machinery and piping of course. I will be posting updates in the coming weeks and months.
I will try to recreate the entire structure in 4 or 5 sections, I'm also going to see if I can render all the pieces in HD. 

Here is the beginning...

Simmer2

I'm alright Major Fantozzi

Great usage of my props there CT14

eggman121

So great to see you again @Simmer2  :thumbsup:

Hopefully you will have some time to check out the latest RRW developments ;)

NAM 37 had a swath of new content for the RRW while NAM 38 introduced the HRW which is Hybrid Railway. A checktype RUL1 network with the monorail and rail networks. Hope you have time to check out these goodies sometime.

So glad you posted :)

-eggman121

gn_leugim

nice one! very useful. I would just say it misses a bit some vertical gradient, since it is quite tall, it could use a bit of it ;)

Tyberius06

Quote from: Simmer2 on November 14, 2020, 09:37:46 PM
While on assignment in Vancouver I saw a very large industrial structure in one of the city's ports.  The Alliance Grain Terminal.
Here is a section of it, still missing all the industrial machinery and piping of course. I will be posting updates in the coming weeks and months.
I will try to recreate the entire structure in 4 or 5 sections, I'm also going to see if I can render all the pieces in HD. 

Here is the beginning...

Simmer2

I'm alright Major Fantozzi

Great usage of my props there CT14

Nice to see you're back, Nick! I hope you're doing well!

And really nice new project! Keep up the good work!  :popcorn: :popcorn:
As Stephen mentioned, there are pretty cool new railway related toys in NAM!

- Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thank you.

Stephen I will be installing the new NAM version soon.

In the mean time there are a few new items I have been working on. Here is another,

SM2 Glycerol Distiller Facility  coming soon to an industrial map near you.

Simmer2

Simmer2

SM2 Glycerol Distiller Facility is now available here..

https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=4021

Simmer2

gn_leugim

one more nice industrial building :D

Simmer2

Thank you gn_leugim

Remember this?  Its the Rambiz 4000 a self propelled crane ship with a total lift capacity of 4000 metric tons. Yea, its enormous!

I started this many months ago. I'm going to try and complete it before xmas.

Simmer2

Simmer2

SM2 Deepwater Oil Terminal is now in the game.

These type of oil terminals are usually moored many miles offshore in order to avoid coastal environment contamination in case of an oil spill.

1 or 2 30 inch pipes connect the terminal to on shore oil depots in order to either fill or offload tankers.

Simmer2