• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Tarkus on February 11, 2012, 12:58:31 PM
I've split/merged this discussion in here, since FlexSPUI is more pertinent to the RHW thread than the NWM thread.

-Alex

I could have sworn I had posted in the RHW topic, but obviously I was mistaken. My bad. Thanks for fixing that, Alex!

Quote from: jdenm8 on February 11, 2012, 06:32:45 AM
Keep clicking around the piece, I think it does eventually fix itself. This is a RUL instability and we cannot fix it without distributing a new controller.

I've tried clicking around the intersection, which apparently fixed the same issue on the other half of the SPUI (if you look closely at my first picture, you can see a traffic signal pole west of the ERHW-6C), but so far, I've had no luck with the piece I highlighted. I'll have to try clicking elsewhere on the piece...

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Tarkus

Quote from: Reece202 on February 11, 2012, 06:19:47 PM
Is the DDRHW-8 to Split DDRHW-4 going to be the only transition? I'd like to see something similar to this: link

Thanks for sharing that pic . . . I hadn't actually seen a DDRHW-8 to Dual ERHW-8 transition before (all the DDRHW-8 networks I've seen myself split into smaller Double-Decker networks at their termini).  That said, I'd imagine it'd be a long time before any sort of split like that were made, mainly because of the fact that model-based items (especially ones that involve any sort of curving jersey barrier--read: pretty much any curve, transition or ramp interface involving an elevated network) take an eternity to make with our current level of resources.

Quote from: Reece202 on February 11, 2012, 06:19:47 PM
Also, another DDRHW question; Why is DDHRW-6 not being considered?

It was considered, but initially dismissed pretty quickly due to the logistics of the transitions.  The way I've built the DDRHW-4 paths, it would be possible to theoretically have a capacity increase with a DDRHW-6.  I wouldn't rule it out, but unless our fortunes on the modeling front change, it's probably going to be a long time from now, and the same with the higher-priority DDRHW-8.  We're already adding some 20+ new networks as it is this next release with the Multi-Height System, so we have our hands full already.

-Alex

Tarkus

Double posting. ::)

At any rate, you may be curious to know that there will be a "Future of the RHW" seminar this coming Saturday in Simtropolis Chat, covering Project 57/0E and other relevant developmental topics.  You can find more details here

-Alex

DJSun1981

Kitsune

I had an idea: 10C cosmetic pieces - this would allow to finally have entrance/exit lanes on the 8C without the need of creating another network..
~ NAM Team Member

MandelSoft

RHW-10C CPs will be created after the implementation of a RHW-10C network. And I also have to create the RHW-8C Cosmetic Pieces first, since that network didn't recieve CPs already...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jdenm8

Quote from: DJSun1981 on February 18, 2012, 04:00:45 AM
Is such a crossroad possible for the rhw:

No, because you can do it the way you've done it and it's significantly more prototypical for a road to lower in grade (An RHW-6S to OWR-3 transition for example) before an At-Grade intersection.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Kuewr665

Could an intersection piece for this intersection be created?

Also, why does the Avenue change to elevated when it is dragged across RHW? I know the RHW should be reduced to OWR because of capacity reasons, but functionally, the Elevated Avenue pieces cannot be placed over an existing Avenue.

jondor

RHW-2, 3 and 4 TuLEPs are planned eventually (along with MIS TuLEPs), but as with everything else, they'll show up when they show up.  There's no definite time frame.

As for the elevated Avenue thing, that type of intersection used to be prevented (it would result in a red drag), but the elevated Avenue serves as a placeholder for other things that require the ability to drag Avenue over a RHW (or vise-versa) such as the Flex-SPUI.  Eventually elevated road networks will be made draggable (again, no definite time frames) and if the El-Avenue is actually Avenue-based (instead of road-based, unknown at this point) then that intersection will be more useful than just as a placeholder.  Otherwise, it's just there to let you know you did something that's unsupported.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Kitsune

it would be nice / useful if we could atleast create T intersections between AVE-4 and RHW-4 so we can end a freeway at grade without needing owr....
~ NAM Team Member

MandelSoft

^^ You still can: end the RHW-4 in an AVE-4 and then make the T- or X-intersection. That doesn't actually look bad...

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

MandelSoft

"Don't hope; KNOW!" , as we Dutch students say :D

Tarkus

Also on the elevated front . . .

Before anyone asks "can these curve or go diagonal?" the answer is no.  The plan is "eventually", but model-based elevated items involving any sort of a curve, as well-established, can take quite awhile to make.

-Alex

ivo_su

Thank you Alex for the wonderful photo (I saw her more, the presentation for the seminar on Saturday). Multi-level networks come and that's great, but I can not help but note that models of ramps that Vince works look more beautiful.

- Ivo

Kitsune

Quote from: Tarkus on February 20, 2012, 02:35:40 PM
Also on the elevated front . . .

Before anyone asks "can these curve or go diagonal?" the answer is no.  The plan is "eventually", but model-based elevated items involving any sort of a curve, as well-established, can take quite awhile to make.

-Alex

but will MIS and RHW-4 be able to because the models already exist ?
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Quote from: Kitsune on February 20, 2012, 04:07:52 PM

Yes.  For the additional levels there, it's simply a matter of using SC4 Model Tweaker and shifting the models up or down (possibly doing some minor Reader S3D tweaking if there's a pillar/pylon built into the model).  As soon as we have models for one height of a given network, we have models for all heights of that network.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Tarkus on February 20, 2012, 04:15:07 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on February 20, 2012, 04:07:52 PM

Yes.  For the additional levels there, it's simply a matter of using SC4 Model Tweaker and shifting the models up or down (possibly doing some minor Reader S3D tweaking if there's a pillar/pylon built into the model).  As soon as we have models for one height of a given network, we have models for all heights of that network.

-Alex

Alternatively, the models can be exported to 3dsmax, edited, then re-imported into Reader (though the mat groups would need fixing up). It's a simple process, more tedious than anything, really.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

riponite

So Blue L.,
What's the scoop with that excellent bridge model?  Reminds me of the bridges in Wisconsin.  Hope there is, indeed!!!
Riponite

...and to everyone else on the NAM/RHW project, I'm so impressed with all you do.  I'm just struggling to learn to construct proper SQL queries at work.  [New database system.]