• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RMIP-3 Large Airport Edition vol. 1

Started by Gwail, February 12, 2009, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

No worry and no rush Chris! When you will be exremely tired/bored of all this stuff, I suggest you to think "It would be even worse if I would make a new terrain mod"  :D. At least you don't have three or four textures blending one to another in an unexpected way in an unexpected places  ;D

BTW if you will have something for testing, you know where to find me  ;)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Cyclone1001

As long as it is released while SC4 still interests me, I don't care how long it takes!

KoV Liberty

Me neither! And a 30 degree exit taxiiway? ()what()

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gwail

Quote from: Driftmaster07
And a 30 degree exit taxiiway? ()what()

Yes. Fully modular, I hope, but it would be rather basic set - with only one TWY intersestion (parallel to the runway) - the lots idea as you can see above. If needed, more will be added to the planned new taxiway project. By now I'm working on the overhanging enhanced taxiway marking at stop line.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Cyclone1001

joelyboy911

@Driftmaster. Having the taxiway at a shallower angle to the runway allows planes to exit at a slightly higer speed, meaning they can exit earlier, meaning the runway can have more landings/take-offs per hour. There were exits like this in earlier versions of RMIP. I'm certainly glad to see them here now, though maybe, Gwail, you could consider releasing the runway basic set first, and the more complex exits later. I don't know, I'm just eager to use the new runway.

Anyway it looks great, keep it up!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Quote from: joelyboy911 on December 03, 2009, 02:07:00 PM
I'm just eager to use the new runway.

Add me to that long list! Lol. More takeoffs per hour would be good. And, a new taxiiway project? Sounds promising! Oh, and are you thinking of doing a diagonal runway project eventually? That would be a first. :)

Adrian, I miss you man.

Cyclone1001

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on December 03, 2009, 06:43:42 PM
Add me to that long list! Lol. More takeoffs per hour would be good. And, a new taxiiway project? Sounds promising! Oh, and are you thinking of doing a diagonal runway project eventually? That would be a first. :)
I would love diagonal runways, adds more realism. Would be hard and complex (like trying to make a diagonal taxiway) but it would be cool.

Gwail

Quote from: joelyboy911 on December 03, 2009, 02:07:00 PM
I'm certainly glad to see them here now, though maybe, Gwail, you could consider releasing the runway basic set first, and the more complex exits later.
I know, I know... but take a look by yourself ;)!

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

ShadeSlayer

Dac1996

Wow these look great! And I like how the taxiway centerline goes onto the runway, the earlier pictures didn't have the centerline going onto the runway, but wow I really can't wait until this is released. &apls  ;D :thumbsup:

Gwail

Dac1996, good you've noticed it  :thumbsup:. All the Exit Taxiways will have such expanded centerlines, of course. It was planned from the beginning, now it's done.

The DC-150 (Diagonal Concrete 150 ft) is planned as well. I've even got an idea how to decrease amount of needed lots, using the technique of overhanging props. But first I want to finish the OC-150 and get some feedback, how such props work.

And now - take a look, how does the system work:

First, it's good to have any runway ;).

Next place the RET-30 joint tiles:

Expand the taxiway whatever you want, next finish with TWY parallel joint:

Et voilla, it's ready. If you want, you can add the extra lot with enhanced taxiway marking at the stop line:

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Delecto

Amazing work you have done Gwail  :o :thumbsup:
I have a question: why do we see the grid below the runaway?

Good luck with the rest of the project.  ;)

DEL!

woodb3kmaster

Brilliant work, Gwail! It looks as if the curved centerline and skid mark are overhanging props or textures; is that right? Also, will there be a curve from these 30° taxiways to connect them smoothly to the 45° diagonal taxiways?

I look forward to rebuilding my runways with these new lots!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

ShadeSlayer

I love it, but are you going to do anything with the little "dash" effect on the yellow centerline. It looks awfully pixellated at the close view, and looks like a bunch of dashes from the farther one.

Other than my nitpicking, I'm going to have to say that it's superb.

One thing though, I love the idea of more runway types, but wouldn't that make the release date a lot longer from now than currently planned?

Gwail

Thank you all!

Delecto, perhaps you see the tiles of concrete on the runway :)?

woodb3kmaster - not in RMIP-3.1. There will be only a basic set of RET-30, as you see on the pics. The rest will be part of new Taxiway Pack, I think it would be RMIP-3.3 (the second project should be diagonal 150 ft, I think), unless there will be the decision to remade all the existing RMIP-2 pack with the new lights first. We will see.
And yes, presented centerline expansion and skid marks texture are overhanging s3d props with solid / transparent texture, same as the enhanced TWY markings.

ShadeSlayer - so far I don't know if I will remade the expanded centerlines. They are full 3d props (just like the automata) and their look depends on the graphic card (mine isn't too powerful ;) ). The tests will show, maybe I'll be forced to change these lines into the texture on the plain rectangle, just like the skid marks. As I've explained above - I don't plan expanding the RMIP-3.1 project more, everything else will wait until the first part release. Now I'll focus back on the new lights, I do hope that I've just finished the research phase - the results are very promising  :thumbsup:.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Gilikov1994

Hi there,

I realy love your work, Bardzo dobrze!!
Can I download them anywhere, or must I wait for the upload date  :P?
Thank you very much, dziękuję!
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

KoV Liberty

Nice work there! And Gilikov, yes. They have yet to be released. But by the looks of this... It won't be too long! ;D

Adrian, I miss you man.

calibanX

Wow, I can't wait to build another airport with these. Nice job Gwail.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Gwail

Gilikov1994, dank u! I do hope you won't have to wait too long :).

All right. I was talking much about the new lights lately. No, because new lights, yes but after new lights, maybe when new lights, new lights, new lights. Many ideas, many tests, many fails. There has much time passed after last pic of new lights I've posted, so let's make some "controlled unofficial leak". Take a look, what we're working on. It's not the final version, but I've said before, it's very promising.

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop