• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The User Interface - Appearance and Organization

Started by townscape, November 05, 2009, 01:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nique

Quote from: tomkeus on May 25, 2010, 05:24:07 AM
In our chatroom. We have a chatroom, remember?

Like i said before, chat is for well .. chatting. I think the things we are discussing here is not suitable for chat...
I like to 're-read' messages. That's a hell of a job when searching in chat logs..
Proudly developer of

croxis

A lot of developer discussion happens in chat for many projects, there is a lot more that heppens and is planned there than the forums. If there is something I need to remember I jot down notes on paper.

tomkeus

Quote from: Jonathan on May 25, 2010, 10:30:57 AM
why don't you use your google wave then, it's like a cross between the 2.

Well that was the original idea, but somehow it fell out of use. Me and croxis just brushed on that topic recently and concluded that we should try and move internal discussion to the wave.
#define TRUE FALSE /*Happy debugging suckers*/

croxis

wave is available for everyone now as well, so no more invites needed

MOREOPTIONS

Yes, Green=Res and so on, and I think with Parks if your doing it. perhaps Orange.. Nice healthy color for them...  would be great to zone them... :-).   your doing good :-) &apls

armagin

May I make a suggestion for the UI.

The overall layout I have no complaints about and seems very intuitive, I would like to mention though something that is very important when I am doing any sort of UI "experience" and that is something called feedback.

Menu style is great I might suggest adding a border that changes colors around each icon based on whether it is selected, not selected, or being selected (mouse button suppressed and/or button highlighted) something that is small and perhaps 2 pixels wide would be perfect and fit with the overall minimalist design and not look funky on the diagonal edges.

Just my two cents, I am a major stickler for feedback, hell I refuse to purchase touch screen things for the lack of any tactile feedback.

On an entirely separate note may I suggest setting some color standards for this game eg. res = green, park = brown, civic = red etc. etc.

All in good faith! Cheers.
Check out a journey through Heavenshire over on Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=716