• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Building Collanden (With Port Icewater and other various projects)

Started by Albus of Garaway, August 27, 2008, 09:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albus of Garaway

Hello everyone! :)

What a busy weekend! Preparing for school can be very stressful sometimes... :-\

Anyway, I'm proud to announce that I finished the industrial port in Manteca, and I really like it! I took note of many of your suggestions, as seen below, and I would like to say that I'm very thankful to be involved in such a knowledgeable community.

I used many industrial ploppables, and I tried my best to make everything seem 'flowy'. That is, I wanted everything to look natural together. I hope I did okay...

An overview of the completed port. Yoman may notice I added a breakwater as suggested. Also, does anyone have any name ideas for it?

I tried my best to create a marshy look along the coastlines that have no walls.

Isn't this factory gorgeous? The detail on the siding still blows me away. I believe this is by jestarr, although I'm not entirely sure...

I like this tiny park. The grass textures are very industrial looking.

As paroch suggested, I tried some of the BSC's new ports. I really like them ,although I am missing a dependency for some of them...

This is my favorite picture. This is what I was talking about when I said I wanted everything to flow.

Unfortunately, I don't have time for replies just yet. But this doesn't mean I don't appreciate them, because I do. Every one of them.

Have a happy Labor Day (for those of you who care...) and God bless those effected by Gustav!

And welcome to Page 2!

oceanmariner

Well I never thought that industrials could be beautiful, but this is EXCELLENT!!!  I love how you incorporated the trees and environment into it.  Simply wonderful!!!   &apls

paroch

Great work there Albus.  That port is looking really good, even the water pollution adds a touch or realism (although if it gets too bad it can have a negative effect on the city, I had that problem once, Glenni's water treatment plants look better than the Maxis ones and clear up water pollution effectively).

The use of the security fencing looks really realistic - very nice.  And I'm glad you like the BSC ports - yes there are a lot of dependancies, hopefully you'll locate them all.

As for a name, well seeing as it's your Labor Day, why not Laborsville Harbour or something similar??

art128

nice work there my friend, the seaport start good  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

FrankU

Nice work!
Interesting development.
For the breakwaters: Jeronij made some very nice special lots for breakwaters. Available on the LEX , look under Jeronij.

bat

Great pictures there, Albus of Garaway!
The industrial part is looking very nice!
Looking forward to more... ;)

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Pat

Albus lovely port there and good job on it too!!! I hope you are having fun at school and I know you do apperciate all the comments..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Yoman

Always great when a new really good and interesting MD starts up. I noticed the breakwater, looks great  :thumbsup:

Albus of Garaway

Oh dear, I've gotten way behind on replies! Here's my chance to catch up, I suppose.

Replies

Yoman: Thanks! I'm glad you noticed the breakwater. Someone suggested that I use JRJ's lots made specifically for breakwaters, but I'm not quite sure. I'll cover that in an update soon. I also would like to say I think your latest comment is very kind and thoughtful. Thank you! :)

Pat: You are right, I truly do appreciate the comments.

Sciurus54: Thank you! Hopefully I can continue to impress you.

Bat: Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

FrankU: Thank you for your suggestion. I'm not sure if I'll use them, but I'll definitely go over the options in a new update.

art128: Thanks Arthur!

paroch: Always nice to see you around! For the water pollution, I'm using JRJ's lots. I'm pretty sure those don't have the same effect on a city as normal Maxis pollution, but I could be wrong. And I did end up locating the missing dependencies, and boy am I glad! Laborsville Harbor is a great idea, but I was also thinking of Port Gustav? The nearby suburb will also be called the same name as the port.

Oceanmariner: This was exactly my goal. To make ports beautiful!

Sheep49: Hello, Piotr! Thank you for your suggestion about SimCity Polska. I looked around and there are some very nice W2W's there! Unfortunately, they aren't quite what I'm looking for for this city, but I can definitely see them coming in handy sometime soon. Also, I think you should get **Comment of the Day!**

Phew! I'm glad I've got that off my chest... $%Grinno$%

Next update coming soon enough!

art128

i can't wait the new update my friend  ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

Sorry I didn't post lately. School and all that Middle Years Programme staff...  ::)

The update was fantastic! I really like your industrial area! It's awesome! &apls
I'm happy that you liked the site! It's the best polish site about SC4 out there.

BTW, thanks for the comment of the day! ;D
Well, hope that the next update will be even better than last one! It's going to be hard, but you can do it. ;)
Piotr

BTW2, It's my 64th post. I'm happy as hell.
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Albus of Garaway

Hello everyone!

I'm just letting you know that Port Icewater will be going on a tiny little hiatus for the next week or two. School has been keeping me busy, and it should only be getting worse from here. I'm also going to experiment with a new region to see what I can do with some new things I've downloaded that won't fit Port Icewater, so I might post a picture or two now and then.

Keep the seat warm while I'm gone, please! :D

paroch

Good luck with the school work and don't worry, the site will still be here waiting for you when you come back!!

Albus of Garaway

It has been too long!

I'm finally back from my short break! I've caught up just fine with my studies, and I'm ready to be back in motion here at Port Icewater. There's only one problem...Port Icewater has left my computer. /wrrd%&

It was two days (just two days!) before I was about to back up the region, and then... :'(
It left me! It was as if my game said 'You know what, I don't want you to finish this region. I think I'm going to wipe it and the entire game from your hard drive.'

So, I've reinstalled the game, and I'm working on a new region now. Right now I've been calling it Emmensburg, but that might change. I can have some pictures for you soon.

I'm really, really glad to be back, and I hope I can still keep everyone's attention. :)

EDIT: I just realized that my post may have caused some confusion. Emmensburg will still be right here in the same thread, so I'm not going anywhere! :)

Pat

Hey Albus sorry to hear about the loss of the region that bites bad but hey I hope you can get some new pics of the new area soon...  Also its good to have you back too!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sheep49

What a sad news... ()sad() Port of Icewater looked great! I think that it had much chance to be a very popular one &mmm

Anyway, hope your next project will be even better! The name 'Emmensburg' sounds promising! ;)

Can't wait for your next city to be showcased! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

oh ! bad news  ()sad() but good luck for your new region  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

Albus of Garaway

Okay, I've figured out what I've got planned for this MD.

I'm going to start a new nation-based CJ on Simtropolis, that sticks with the story and political side of things. However, here at this MD, I'm going to showcase all sorts of different things, including the process of building the nation mentioned before, LOTing, modding, mapping, etc. This way I can have each MD/CJ be very distinct.

I hope you all agree with me on this decision. It's so sad that Port Icewater had to go, but at least this is a fresh, fun new start!

paroch

Hi Albus,

Shame about Port Icewater - these things seem to happen alot in SC4, so to borrow Nardo69's famous catchphrase "don't forget to make back-ups".

Good luck with the new MD.  I don't follow much over at Simtropolis (only so many hours in a day!), so it will be good to see it here at Devotion as well.

I thought you'd made a great start with Port Icewater, so I'd say that so long as you have that level of quality you'll do just fine!

All the best,

Paul