• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supamav

Hope this is in the right place.  Here goes:

Up to now I have not been using the RHW, however I have been using NAM extensively.  Now I am giving it a go starting with the RHW-4.  A short highway with two on/off road overpasses, each with 4 Type A ramps.

I always build with the sim paused, to make sure everything is completed before allowing traffic on it.  After completing the highway stretch I save successfully, then unpause the sim, to allow traffic to begin to flow.  However after maybe 5-10 seconds the game will CTD.  I have tried to go back in to the city tile, but it never loads fully, before loading the tile it CTD's.  I have to delete the entire city tile to get back in.  I designed the same tile using the maxis highway, it never crashes the game.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I have never had the game CTD on me until using the RHW.  Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

NAM and RHW are both installed fully and with the latest releases.

Thanks
SM

jdenm8

Quote from: ivo_su on October 31, 2011, 08:23:10 AM
but ERHW-6C / S give defects in  crossing over the AVE-6. FLEX SPUI also provides fault when you need to build over the RHW-10S.

I think that's because neither intersection is fully supported. RHW-10 under FlexSPUI only works when the shoulder is under the actual intersection piece, the whole thing being under the filler isn't supported.
As for the New ERHW over New NWM network compatibility, as has been said many times, there isn't any.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Phlogiston

RHW Euro textures looks awesome. :) by the way, I hope you could include a 45degree FlexFLY in the next release. :D

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kody_organmaster

WooHoo!! ;D That looks awesome! I am assuming that it will have American textures as well??
--Kody

jdenm8

The road deck will take on whatever textures you have installed.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Carny

Hi to everyone.
Just a question: what about smooth curves for ERHW-2-4-6 and EMIS (45°)? Is there something planned about for next NAM updates\releases? Especially  Erhw4 and Emis smooth curves would make more realistc any kind of intersections.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mike3775

Quote from: jdenm8 on November 01, 2011, 05:13:50 AM
The road deck will take on whatever textures you have installed.

Awesome.   I so cannot wait for this to be available 

Tarkus

Project 0E (hmm . . . the acronym is P0E ::) is still humming along.

Ground MIS code now at 17382 lines.  Did an initial transfer over to the Ground RHW-4 as well, which seems to be working well.  More pics a bit later.

-Alex

apeguy

Wow, now that's what you call stable. :o A big leap forward for the RHW. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

metarvo

Maybe we won't need quite so many tricks and fillers with stability like that.  ()stsfd()
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

noahclem

Tarkus

Thanks, guys! :)  A step further . . . started implementing the other networks, so there's about 50000 lines of code in place now.

Further work with the MIS.  Not that anyone needs to run three Elevated Rail lines diagonally across an MIS, next to a Road/MIS Intersection and an MIS 90-Degree Curve, but you can now:

Multi-height fun, with L0, L1 and L2.

Intersections you couldn't do previously due to interference from the Diagonal Y-Splits (which I still need to figure out with the new code):

And some RHW-4 stability stuff--L1 EMIS safely traversing a bunch of Ground RHW-4s:

And another "not-that-anyone's-going-to-do-this-but-you-can":

-Alex

kody_organmaster

--Kody

Gugu3

Wow Tarkus!that's amazing!!
@Maarten:the bridge is wonderful!!Hope it will be released soon... ;Dyou said that one bridge is fixed...is another bridge under development? ()what()

Carny

Awesome!  Multilevel MIS! I'll wait for them as Christmas present! ;)

Now another question: is planned some transition like this below?

In this case, mis are parallel to rhw2, but would be useful also a 45° degree MIS version (or FAR, why not? :) )
Actually we need to convert rhw4 into 4 MIS and then into a central rhw2 for building something similar (so it needs 3 transition pieces). I think should be very useful and realistic (also for compactness) a SINGLE piece.

Houstonkid

&apls &apls &apls I see some stacks interchanges in the near future   ;)

Paul 999

I hope! ;) Whit stacks are we aloud to make compact junctions!

Tarkus

Quote from: Carny on November 03, 2011, 08:22:59 AM
Now another question: is planned some transition like this below?

In this case, mis are parallel to rhw2, but would be useful also a 45° degree MIS version (or FAR, why not? :) )
Actually we need to convert rhw4 into 4 MIS and then into a central rhw2 for building something similar (so it needs 3 transition pieces). I think should be very useful and realistic (also for compactness) a SINGLE piece.

I'm trying to visualize the geometry on that.  If there's a one-tile median between the RHW-4s, it's basically a matter of adding MIS ramps onto the "symmetrical" RHW-2-to-4 transition.  I'm not sure there's much need for a diagonal or FAR variant . . . if the MIS split were short enough, it would be possible to simply tack the appropriate curve onto the MIS ends.  There's no sense in making more pieces than we truly need.

Porting is in process . . . and there's now closer to about 80,000 lines of RUL2 code in place now.  That'll expand exponentially when I get all the code in for RHW-over-RHW overpasses involving dual-overrides.  Only a few of those are in place now, and a little bit of porting was necessary in order to test them out.

-Alex