• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Noro Cooperative

Started by noahclem, January 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of airport should NORO's new one be?

Passenger only
Passenger & military
passenger & general aviation (private & charter aircraft)
Passenger, military & general aviation

metarvo

Bbqlol, wow!  $%Grinno$%  The laughter I suffered over that caption was almost unbearable.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Diggis

Quote from: noahclem on March 10, 2013, 12:34:04 PM
Caption this picture...

click for full size

I don't have to be faster than the bears... just faster than you!

Perfect  :D   -Noah

noahclem

Thanks and love the ideas everyone  :thumbsup:

Bringing them together we have:

Camping in the Wild, a bit too wild...Mandelsoft
Bear with me.Jmouse
"Look, Yogi, it's dinner time!"Shadow Assassin
I don't have to be faster than the bears... just faster than you!     Diggis

We'll have to figure out a fun way to resolve the competition--which for now remains open  :thumbsup:

In the mean time I wanted to show that NORO experiences more seasons than just summer and fall  :satisfied:

click for full size

Thanks for your continued support  :thumbsup:

Gugu3

Very nice Noah and Robin!!! &apls amazing stuff!

Terring7

With all those beautiful pictures, why I should buy the new Simcity? $%Grinno$%

As about the caption, let me use a phrase we use often here in Greece. The phrase is "cliff in front of us and stream behind us" (μπρος γκρεμός και πίσω ρέμα) and we use it to describe situations in which we are stuck in 2 equally bad situations. So we can make the caption as "cliff in front of us and bears behind us" (μπρος γκρεμός και πίσω αρκούδες) ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

rooker1

Anyone else with some more captions? 
We'll let this run for another 12 hours and than I'll put together a voting poll.

My caption...
"Hey Booboo.....Picinic baskets or people?"

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

kbieniu7

"Smokey is watching you"  ;D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

rooker1

The poll is now ready to vote.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

You may have been wondering, is this guy involved again? Why, he's everywhere! Sorry for that; anyway don't worry - I have to behave because Robin's watching ;D

But I did do some tricks here and there, including looking over Vortext's tree controller. I love it. It's one of the best things you can download off the LEX - and there's quite a bit on there. We picked the Coast Extended controller because it gives a nice, full brush all over the place. We like trees. (Uh, right guys?)

That doesn't mean I agree with the flora selection. (You know me :D)  I tweaked it a little to get some more Girafe material on the shore, not that it's perfect now, but. . . well you be the judge. The following pics are made with the tree controller only. No MMPing whatsoever involved. Overall this took me only a couple minutes to do.

Larger version

Larger version

Larger version

Larger version

There used to be PEG weeds in place of the bushes and cattails here. Not like very much. I probably messed up the clustering, but shorelines usually need some MMP detail anyway.

Larger version

Larger version

Larger version

Larger version

Have fun everyone.

Cheers
Willy

Jmouse

This looks awesome, Willy. And no MMPs? Incredible!

FrankU

rooker1

For anyone who has not already checked out vortext's new tree controller, should!  Best tree controller ever!
Great job Willy on the tweaking.  I would like to see some more dead trees in there, but maybe those can just be MMP'd afterwards.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

Thanks for the kind words Willy and Robin! Glad to hear and see you guys are enjoying them! 

And Joan, that's right, no mmps! In fact, that's the very reason I made them. Seasonal flora is wonderfull but the manual labor involved to get something resembling a forest, erm yeah, not so much. Not to mention the time it takes. So instead I spend a ridiculous amount of time tweaking controllers . .  ::)  :D

Anyhow, I wonder when we get to see the first glimpses of civilization around here! Camping is fun but surely, one has to return home some time, right?!  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

rambuckel

Awesome!!! I should have commented earlier but I was busy with real life house building. I really adore what you're doing ... thanks for sharing!

- Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Jmouse

Quote from: vortext on March 13, 2013, 06:55:18 AM
And Joan, that's right, no mmps! In fact, that's the very reason I made them. Seasonal flora is wonderfull but the manual labor involved to get something resembling a forest, erm yeah, not so much. Not to mention the time it takes. So instead I spend a ridiculous amount of time tweaking controllers . .  ::)  :D

I am glad we have so many talented members who can keep the rest of us supplied with awesome custom content. :)

rooker1

Just to prove we are still playing.  Actually we are all playing now.....all four of us in different parts of the region.  We have no major issues with Google Drive so far.  Everything is going according to plan and we are doing a lot of planning in the background.

Still outside my comfort zone but even I am please with my own work this time.

Click on the picture to view full size.

Tell me what you think, please.
Robin :)
Call me Robin, please.

sunv123

Nice work there, Robin. :thumbsup:

It looks great, maybe a little more Pampas Grass in the Cattails and vise versa would make it look even better. ;)

Stay out of your comfort zone. :D

Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try.  I am new at this. ;) - Robin
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

noahclem

Quote from: sunv123 on March 16, 2013, 11:27:58 AM
Stay out of your comfort zone. :D

I agree--great work Robin  &apls  I'd love to see the summer version.

Thanks Noah.  Ask and ye shall recieve. - Robin

vester

Great works you guys are showing.  :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Arne.  I think I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable. - Robin

Jmouse

Looks good to me, Robin. Maybe you should start making scenes like this your new comfort zone.

Thanks Joan.  You think I should make this my new comfort zone?  I may try a mix of my old and new zones.  ;) - Robin