• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Nice new pictures there! And congrats on more than 4100 replies!!!

Looking forward to more of your wonderful stuff...

TheTeaCat

Good to see you had a nice break, wonderful pics you shown too :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dedgren

Just when you thought...

We're still relaxing- recovering, actually.

We arrived back in Helena at about 1:30 this morning after coming back via the Beartooth Highway [linkie], which crosses the Absaroka Range northeast of Yellowstone Park at just under 11,000 feet/3,350 meters.

It can snow any time up there, and often does.

We'll hit 97,000 page views today- not quite 100K, but July is looking pretty good.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jules

Hello! I am new to this sight, but with the help of my mother I am slowly combing through it. Just wanted to  comment on the photos-Very Nice! Until next time.......  ;D
Always smile, it makes everyone feel good.

Heblem

Snow at 3,350 meters its interesting to hear, I live near to 3,000 (above sea level) and theres no snow, about 15c here...

nice pictures btw  :thumbsup:

allan_kuan1992

someone mentioned 97000?

"Topic: Three Rivers Region  (Read 97106 times)"

- Allan Kuan

deathtopumpkins

Now that is some thick snow! I take it that machine was responsible for that cut?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

pilotdaryl

girlfromverona

Beautiful photos, David. I'd like to visit that area one day.  :)

Zaphod

wow, extreme snow alert!

I remember one of my first posts in this CJ had to do with those poles for snow depth...those were crazy

I have to admit I kind of like snow only because I can count on my hand how many times I have actually seen any of it. Weird storm down here and school trip to DC in Feb. and that's about it. I bet you feel the opposite. Talking to people from the north down here in Texas they all hate it. Whatever, I could live somewhere cold, who knows(the uber -10F freezer at work doesn't phase me...)

I figure the two boys probably feel the same way since they are from Alpine,TX(right?). But then maybe it snowed there, who knows.

War Kittens !?

thundercrack83

Close to 97,500 now, David. I think July is the month 3RR hits 100K.

More wonderful shots of Montana, too! I never thought of it being so high up out there, but since it's in the Rockies, I should have put it together, I guess!

Take care, my friend!

Dustin

Chrisadams3997

Whooa,  if we had snow like that in College Station, life as we know it would pretty much stop until it melted ;D

Love the buffalo shot by the way, he looks quite comfortable.  And leave it to Daryl to be worried about the airport pic :D.

Chris

bat

Great new images there, David! And 97625 views now...

...looking forward to more...

wes.janson

You should see some of the snows they get in Newfoundland. Standing on top of a semi-trailer and I still couldn't touch the top of the drift.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

dedgren

Slowly fine terraforming Marisa's (girlfromverona) quad.

I continue to play with Chris's (Chrisadams3997) culverts.

Then there's the old standby land bridge.

Time has been in bits and pieces the past few days.  Hopefully that should lighten up shortly.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tarkus

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on July 01, 2008, 10:36:35 PM
Whooa,  if we had snow like that in College Station, life as we know it would pretty much stop until it melted ;D

Ditto here in Western Oregon.  They switch to 24hr non-stop news coverage for several days due to "severe weather" if we even get two flakes.  The Eastern part of the state is probably laughing at us (since they get it every Winter).

David, Marisa's quad there is already starting to look excellent.  I can't wait to see what all you do with it.

-Alex

thundercrack83

I agree with Alex, David--Marisa's quad looks superb!

I'll be looking forward to seeing more development on it, as well as what you have in mind with those culverts!

Dustin

girlfromverona

Quote from: Tarkus on July 02, 2008, 10:24:10 PMThey switch to 24hr non-stop news coverage for several days due to "severe weather" if we even get two flakes.

Sounds like what happens here. Every winter, the first bad weather (heavy rain and wind - we don't get snow where I live) becomes the top news item for a few days. And I'm like, "wasn't it the same last year?" Why does everyone think it's so out of the ordinary? It is winter, after all!  :D

David, my quad is looking fantastic!  &apls

Alfred.Jones

Looking great there David :thumbsup:

Loving those bridges

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

That quad looks wonderful! And great work on the river and lake!