• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Stage Counter UI

Started by Lowkee33, August 23, 2010, 06:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

Hi all,

I am not sure if this would go here or if it is a Mod Request, but...

Is there a building, like the census repository, that has its query display information about the percentage each stage limit has?  Say for example:  There are 10,000 R$ sims in a city.  The query would find the population of stage 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lots and give them back as a percentage of the total population.

I feel this would be very useful in letting me know what stage is in the most demand.

I have been looking at the UI for the census repository, and believe that kind of calculation is possible.  I am going to attempt at making this, but if it is already out there then that will help me.

Thanks

RippleJet

Quote from: Lowkee33 on August 23, 2010, 06:12:29 PM
The query would find the population of stage 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lots and give them back as a percentage of the total population.

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to find the population (or capacity) of all stage 1, 2, 3, ... buildings in a city.
There's simply no such variable available to read...

Lowkee33

I was wondering if you would reply and tell me it wont work :).

I did spend some time in the LUA section of simcity1.dat today and found the basis of the functions within the census repository query.  I was hoping "city spread means trouble ahead" would do more than count the low density tiles vs population.

The Camelot Counter interests me.  It appears that new variables have been made, but perhaps every building needs to be added individually, or making a CAM makes that variable.  I wonder if there is a way to to connect Stage with Capacity Satisified, and from there get a new variable to play with.  I just don't understand it :P.  Something like that would take some tedious work, and I just finished counting every building in my city via paint.

I just figure that since the game uses stage limits, it must be in there somewhere.

Nice work on the queries btw.  It took me a long time to make a query give me the residential population, and even then it looked terrible.

Next up, trying to make a better terrain contour function... Seems like the best bet is to have a temporary terrain mod with specific tiles at certain heights. 

RippleJet

Quote from: Lowkee33 on August 24, 2010, 06:02:42 PM
I was wondering if you would reply and tell me it wont work :).

I thought I'd better give you one full day before telling though... just in case you'd find something... :)

Quote from: Lowkee33 on August 24, 2010, 06:02:42 PM
I just figure that since the game uses stage limits, it must be in there somewhere.

Well, most data is available within the lot subfile, IID = 0xC9BD5D4A, of the savegame file... :)
Use wouanagaine's SC4Savegame Explorer for more information.