• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plopable will, growable won't..

Started by HandsOn, February 16, 2008, 02:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

The old man away from the sea has yet another question for the wise:

Several plug-ins that exist both as growables as well as plopables behave funny since recently: they work fine as they are plopped down, but when they grow, nothing but the lot texture appears. Typical examples are Newmans Food and Nexis Used Lumber. Checked the required dependencies and they are all there..!

And while I am at it: can someone explain to me how I can get ferries to work? My region has several islands, each with one PEG CDK Ferry and an in-game ferry. Transport map shows plenty of connections but useage remains 0??

Thanks in advance..

I have moved this thread from Where can I find this ....?¿ to PLAYing the Game Help as I saw it fit better there. (CasperVg - 11/29/08 CET)

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

xxdita

These are most likely Empty Growable Lots... or you're just getting the wrong query due to Empty Growables.
You can use Cleanitol to get rid of them
And find out more here

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on February 16, 2008, 02:33:57 AM
These are most likely Empty Growable Lots... or you're just getting the wrong query due to Empty Growables.
You can use Cleanitol to get rid of them
And find out more here

Thanks, but that begs the question: what (and why) are empty growable lots?

xxdita

All explained in that second link :-)

Bluebeard

Is there any other connections to the Islands besides the Ferry's?.

xxdita

Depending on the underwater terrain, you may be able to use subways as well. Make sure you're placing the subway along the grid though, for best chance of it being a suitable slope.

RebaLynnTS

Keep in mind if the Residence to Jobs is balanced on the island, there will be no reason for the sims to leave the island.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

wouanagaine

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on February 16, 2008, 08:03:31 AM
Keep in mind if the Residence to Jobs is balanced on the island, there will be no reason for the sims to leave the island.
More specificaly, it depends on the time for sims to go to their jobs

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

HandsOn

Quote from: Bluebeard on February 16, 2008, 06:07:20 AM
Is there any other connections to the Islands besides the Ferry's?.

No, they are too far away (and separate cities) to build a rail connection)

xxdita: Sorry, am old and short-sighted..

wouanagaine: In the past (aqnd in other regions) ferries appeared always relatively quick, to augment public transport, and would - seemingly - travel between cities. Not in Arcadia Two: no ferries in any of the cities, with a total resident population of over 200,000; even when ferries would make it easier for the blighters to cross the water.

Addendum: Found & solved the problem. Not that it is Peg's fault, but when I removed the ferries I had downloaded from the PLEX and replaced them with ingame ferries, traffice on the water immediately picked up. After doing that for all of the region I have the traffic I wanted, albeit at the terrible cost of losing rather brilliantly styled harbour lots. Bloody shame! Maybe I did something wrong..?