• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

airports..

Started by figui, November 19, 2007, 05:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

figui

i would like some help concerning the way airports function.

due to rl, i'm not playing too much these days, but i'm planning to develop an airport in the region i was playing so this will help me a lot.
i allways asked myself if it's the same to have an airport in a city tile than having an airport in a neighbor city tile.
moreover, i wonder how custom airport packs function and if i can place custom airports with the same effect that a standard maxis airport would have.

thanks in advance for any help
mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

ElPhantasmo69

Custom airports function mainly as eye candy. They are for those of us that prefer a healthy dose of realism in the game. In one of the expansion packs there is a lot called the Airport Tram (or something like that) which takes up very little space but provides all the functionality/benefits of the standard airport, but looks like a parking lot with a transit station, and takes care of the need for each city to have its own airport.

I design my airports with a lot of inspiration from Google Earth.

figui

thanks ElPhantasmo69, i also look at google earth for inspiration ;D and i had studied something about airports  &scl()..

for what you said, i understand that having an airport in a neighbor city doesn't make any effect on the other.
so you suggest to have at least this "airport tram" (or whatever it's called) in every city. i suppose this is only important in big commercial cities as the airports benefit comercial zones, am i right?
moreover: are there any other benefits?

thanks (again) in advance
mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..

________

RippleJet

Quote from: figui on November 19, 2007, 08:25:42 PM
for what you said, i understand that having an airport in a neighbor city doesn't make any effect on the other.

Quite true!

so you suggest to have at least this "airport tram" (or whatever it's called) in every city.

The Airport Tram Center by Joerg is included in SWAP 2.3

i suppose this is only important in big commercial cities as the airports benefit comercial zones, am i right?
moreover: are there any other benefits?

Yes, all airports provide commercial CAP relieves, depending on the number of passengers, and that's about the only benefit they give.

Andreas

Quote from: RippleJet on November 20, 2007, 01:44:56 AM
Yes, all airports provide commercial CAP relieves, depending on the number of passengers, and that's about the only benefit they give.

Well, that, and you don't get bombarded with advisor messages that ask for an airport anymore. ;)
Andreas

figui

Quote from: Andreas on November 20, 2007, 01:58:55 AM
Well, that, and you don't get bombarded with advisor messages that ask for an airport anymore. ;)
:D ;D :D
thanks RippleJet and Andreas :thumbsup:
i'll look for that swap 2.3 'cause i think i have an older one

mauricio.

________

Mizral

Wow i was thinking Airports were more usefull than that, very interesting topic.  ()meeting()