• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Noro Cooperative

Started by noahclem, January 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of airport should NORO's new one be?

Passenger only
Passenger & military
passenger & general aviation (private & charter aircraft)
Passenger, military & general aviation

nbvc

Great region you are building together. &apls

Gugu3

Noah amazing pics!
Maarten cool video!
cheers
Guglielmo

NielsC007

I'm so happy I came back to Simcity 4!
I love the region. Keep up the great work

- Niels

MandelSoft

A NORO Quick Pro-tip!
Fillers DO matter!

Hello everyone! He's a quick tip from NORO for you all to use and it involves fillers. Fillers can enhance your city scenery and thus contributing to realism. It's also fun to add some detail to your city that make your city look less unrealistically crammed.

We demonstrate this with the following industrial area in tile Eo, which has no name yet. Recently, we have de-blocked the Maxis industrial buildings while applying the Industrial Revolution Mod, so the Maxis buildings will have better lots. While developing an industrial area just by zoning only gives the following result:

It looks... OK... but a lot can be done here by using fillers. As you can see, the above picture looks pretty crammed, and some industrial buildings look inaccessible because other industrial buildings block their access. So, we can use fillers to visually add access to these buildings. These fillers can also be used to "store goods", for instance, barrels of chemicals for chemical plants, adding even more realism to the scene. Below is the same area after I applied fillers:

That looks better, don't you think?

Anyway, that was the NORO Quick Pro-Tip for today. Stay tuned!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

rooker1

Yup, it does look much better!
"Quick Pro-Tip for the day".....I love it!

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Aaron Graham

Fillers do matter, they look great. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

noahclem

Nice filling Maarten  :thumbsup:  It'd be funny to see a "before" without the IRM re-lotting  :D

gn_leugim

I do that with Growable lots  ::) and some occasional bulldozers and one or two 1x1 filler lots... but mostly growables  ::)

Gugu3

katherman111

Looks awesome, the IRM + filler mods really makes your industrial areas look "alive"

MandelSoft

And yet another video has been recorded for NORO!. This time, we are building a RHW interchange for a change. See how an interchange is developed in real time from scratch to a full-blown masterpiece of engineering! Stay tuned!

WARNING: Contains frustration!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Swordmaster

You need a different controller for Draggable FARR. However, I suggest you wait putting it in until the code is actually finished. Lest the region goes ape.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

It's that time of year again...at least up here in Lapland. While Noroway motorists will most likely not have to don metal-studded winter tires or endure reduced winter speed limits as we do in northern Europe they're no strangers to the white stuff. Downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, skating, fishing on ice and open seawater, hunting, sledding, and many other activities are among the ways Norowegians enjoy the increasingly dark and cold days. Warming beverages are enjoyed by many.

Winter on Gateway Island

The cold doesn't slow down the whales. Or boats for that matter

Wildlife is abundant around the mouth of the Noroway Bay. The local interaction of fresh water and salt water and warm and cold currents supports an abundance of marine life which is the foundation of an extremely rich ecosystem. The most exciting finds for nature watchers are moose and brown bears--though the exceptionally lucky may spot mammoths or Norowegian tigers. A great variety of birds and several marine mammal species are also present.

Noroway's animal life benefits because so much of the area's terrain is too rugged for human purpose other than enjoying than visiting.

The city center contrasts sharply with mouth of the bay's wilderness though only 30km of motorway separates them

While classic brick wall-to-wall architecture is the most common modern buildings are an increasingly visible part of the cityscape

BONUS ROADGEEKERY

Tunnel problems--the kind that do a good job showing what's actually going on down there. Note the traffic lights and FlUP vents.

Psychedelic Bridge--only appears properly at zooms 5 and 6. I tried to figure out what was wrong with the file and had no luck. There seemed to be RHW texture FSHs for the normal zoom levels and I didn't see anything else wrong. Can anybody help?

'Til next time friends  ;)

Swordmaster

Great work Noah. I love the day-time bridge shot--ain't it strange how much a city can change between day and night? $%Grinno$%

And no, I am NOT ready for snow. N-O-T !!

Cheers
Willy

thebagleboy

Oh how I wish it was snowy here.

vortext

Quote from: Swordmaster on October 24, 2013, 08:18:20 PM
And no, I am NOT ready for snow. N-O-T !!

Hear hear! You can keep the snow to yourself Noah!  ;D

Beautiful pictures though, hope we get to see more of the center soon!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Gugu3

Maarten nice interchange!
Noah amazing job as always!

rooker1

I love the winter and night scene. Great work!!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Girafe

I like these days where landscapes begin to wear white blanket  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

NielsC007

I love the powerlines, great work!