• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Pat,
There are so mnay great maps out there now a days, I don't know what to do any more.  I keep seeing one I like and than want to start my region over again with the new map, but I know that I need to sit back with the one I already have.  I'm sure there is alot of others in the same siuation.
At any rate, I can't wait to see what you do with this map.  My only suggestion would be try to make your waterfalls as natural as possible with the already existing landscape, terraforming as little as possible.
See you around my friend and I trust all is well with you and your wife.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

That's a great map! Nice choice! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more from Silver Bow!!! :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Pat

Quote from: Sciurus on February 17, 2009, 01:21:14 AM
Oh, a very little island, but very good decorated &apls

Guillaume.

Sciurus: Hey Guillaume I am glad you liked the island there and yes I know its small... 

Quote from: art128 on February 17, 2009, 02:40:31 AM
Very nice small island there Patrick, excellent work on the decorations, very greatly detailed ! Super fine !  &apls &apls
bom trabalho amigo! (in Portuguese)  :thumbsup:

Arthur.

art128: Hi Arthur thank you so much for the compliment there my friend!!  BTW what does that mean in Portuguese? Remember me a litt err big white boy here lol  :D

Quote from: kimcar on February 17, 2009, 04:16:48 AM
&apls Nice looking island Pat. Hope no flood this year  :D

kimcar: LoL Kim you so remember the floods wow, I got to give you a cookie for that one,

Oooh sorry I got a little hungry here and I hope you dont mind me taken a bite out of it yum....

Quote from: bat on February 17, 2009, 11:09:06 AM
Yes that's a great island there! :thumbsup:

And it's good to be the first in the post counter's list (and to be in the "Rafting the Rapids" section)!!!
This is my 107th reply here...
(1,58% of my current (6769) forum's post counter

Bat: Hey Bat thank you for always being here in Waterfalls its great to know you will stop in!!! Its my honor to have you in "Rafting the Rapids" section which btw my wife thought of that title  ;)....

Quote from: Battlecat on February 17, 2009, 11:28:40 AM
Beautiful little island you've got there.  Nice update, looking forward to seeing what else you've got coming up!

Battlecat: Hi there Battlecat and again welcome to Waterfalls... I am sooo happy to have a new vistor here and it be you!!! Thank you soo much and I am glad you are liking what you see so far!!! At any time if you have any question dont hesitate and I will do my best to answer away!!!

Quote from: Jmouse on February 17, 2009, 11:27:58 PM
The parking lot looks good, Pat! I would have to petition for some handicap spots :), but that's no big hill to climb. The centerpiece building makes me think of classic offices in Houston circa 1960s, but I'd imagine most of those have been scrapped by now. Anyway, I like the abundance of cars - gives the scene some life.

Later...
Joan

Jmouse: hehehehe hey there Joan and I knew I would catch the attention there of you if I failed to have the handicapped parking stalls  ;)  Naw honestly I forgot and I'll be a gentlemen to be the first to admit that mistake... I am currently trying to make new textures from scratch based off the ones that I modified from Jon (JBsimio) and I promisse to you that I will get those handicap spots added... Far as the cars its the day/night family cluster and I am glad you liked that...  The parking garage orginal file here is just a static model and just a simple lot, I was trying for an idea I had as I was  originaly going to use SG parking garages then this one hit the stex...

Quote from: bat on February 18, 2009, 08:35:52 AM
A really nice preview for that LOT! Looking forward to more from the lot...

bat: Thank you Bat and I will have more on this parking lot soon, I promisse!!

Quote from: nova vesfalo on February 18, 2009, 08:40:06 AM
nice relotting and nice bridge :) and the stats were IMPRESSIVE

nova vesfalo: Hi there Nova its great to see you back in Waterfalls!!! I am glad you gotten caught up with the last few updates here and you enjoyed them!!! I hope to see you back!!!

Quote from: canuck3360 on February 19, 2009, 12:20:22 AM
Pat I think I need to build a cabin on that Island lol

very nice work as always my friend

canuck3360: Hey Canuck wow a second visit from ya's wow!!!  Now are you certain you want to live on that island with the trains coming threw? LoL anyways its great to see ya's again here!!!

Quote from: Jmouse on February 19, 2009, 12:57:15 AM
Thanks for the link, Pat. Those are some beautiful maps and will be fun to work with. And many thanks to c.p. for making and sharing them!

Later...

Joan

Jmouse: Hey no problem there Joan and yes Brian did a great job on those maps for sure!!!  I am looking forward to working on this map...

Quote from: Sciurus on February 19, 2009, 02:30:26 AM
This city is nice :thumbsup:

Guillaume

Sciurus: HI there Guillaume I am glad you like the city and stay tuned to the new devolpment of Waterfalls...

Quote from: kimcar on February 19, 2009, 05:54:31 AM
Nice parking zone. Looking forward mate  :thumbsup:

kimcar: Hey Kim glad you liked the parking garage and dont worry as soon as I finish off the new textures and get them added to my texture pack I will show more of that lot...

Quote from: rooker1 on February 19, 2009, 06:35:26 AM
Pat,
There are so mnay great maps out there now a days, I don't know what to do any more.  I keep seeing one I like and than want to start my region over again with the new map, but I know that I need to sit back with the one I already have.  I'm sure there is alot of others in the same siuation.
At any rate, I can't wait to see what you do with this map.  My only suggestion would be try to make your waterfalls as natural as possible with the already existing landscape, terraforming as little as possible.
See you around my friend and I trust all is well with you and your wife.
Robin  :thumbsup:

rooker1: Hey Robin I know the feeling but as soon as I saw Silver Bow I fell in love with it... I mean the natural beauty of it and the ease of working with TPW or even PW on this map with a little modifacation to it... The only little bit more terraforming I will have to do is dry up the ingame water to replace it with either TPW or PW... Other then that its hands off...   

For me its a soo soo but my wife she is happy as she had her hearing yesterday for social security and WON!!! Vicki was only before the judge not even 10 minutes of the 1 hour that was scheduled... The only testimony the judge took was from the Doctor who reviewed her files and said she mets or exceeds the requirments to be classified disabled which now means she will get a check back dated for 3 years!!!  Thank you Robin for asking and I hope all is going great on your end!!!

Quote from: bat on February 19, 2009, 07:43:11 AM
That's a great map! Nice choice! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more from Silver Bow!!! :thumbsup:

bat: Hey there bat thank you and dont worry you will see the devolpment soon of Silver Bow...

Quote from: Battlecat on February 19, 2009, 09:57:28 AM
That is quite the map!  Great work! 

Battlecat: HI Battlecat and welcome back to Waterfalls!!!  I know that is amazing map that CP made and I cant wait to start working on it... I do hope to have you come back to watch me work with it!!!

OK so that wraps up the replies for now and I will have a full or another one shot teaser later as since well today is Thursday after all  ;)

To all the lurkers out and about lemme know what you think even you just stop by to say HI so that way I know you love Waterfalls todate!!! Also I want to thank you all again for your wonderful support here!!! Till next time!!!

Your Tour Guide To Waterfalls...

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

Quote from: Pat on February 19, 2009, 12:08:08 PM
art128: Hi Arthur thank you so much for the compliment there my friend!!  BTW what does that mean in Portuguese? Remember me a litt err big white boy here lol  :D

No problem Pat, that mean Great work my friend, and I'll say it again !  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Hey there everyone as I did promisse here the update for Thursday and part of the Double Shot special... OK enough of the babbling and a little note here that this is a little bit of terraforming that I am doing more or less just to dry up the creek to allow it to be changed to TPW or PW... So now without further ado here we goooo!!!!!!

YES the grid is on for a reason, to give the countors that I am going to work with..........

OK so that is it for this part of the update and stay tuned for more devolpment soon!!

To all the lurkers out and about lemme know what you think even you just stop by to say HI so that way I know you love Waterfalls todate!!! Also I want to thank you all again for your wonderful support here!!! Till next time!!!

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sciurus

Hi Pat :D No, I joke ;D
So, it's a nice developpement, but I wait to see what you'll do with this ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Pat

OK here is update number two and this is still on the first tile that I started to work with... So now without further ado here we goo.....

Yuppers still the grid is on I know I know lol.........

I know this is a short update here this time around and for that I am sorry but now time for some replies.....

Quote from: art128 on February 19, 2009, 12:29:12 PM
No problem Pat, that mean Great work my friend, and I'll say it again !  :thumbsup:

art128: Hey there Arthur aaah OK LoL hehehe I feel special thank you!!!

Quote from: Sciurus on February 20, 2009, 05:01:22 AM
Hi Pat :D No, I joke ;D
So, it's a nice developpement, but I wait to see what you'll do with this ;)

Sciurus: HI Guillaume lol I think I know what you was going to joke about there lol!!! Thank you for stopping in here again!!

OK so that wraps up the replies and this update and again I want to thank you all for stopping in here!!!

Patrick

Pat

OK here is the final part for the contour lines and no more gridiness lol.... Hmmm siiiigh I am sad that no one loved me in the last 14hrs siiiiiiiiiiigh... But the show will go on!!! SO now without further ado here we go............

OK so on the next update I will start with the actual devolpment of this tile.... So stay tuned!!!!

Patrick

Jmouse

Those little creases in the landscape should make for some beautiful streams - soon I hope. I join many others (I'm sure) in looking forward to seeing those dry creek beds come to life.

** scrounges around in the garage digging for fishing gear. **

Later...
Joan

bat

Fantastic terraforming there! Nice work on it! Looking forward to part 4, or to more... ;)

And btw, my 110th reply here at Waterfalls...
Edit: Also congrats on over 41500 views!!

Sciurus

Very good terraforming, but we could believe there are same pics you show us :D

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bob56

so thats how you make those great landscapes!?

Nice job, looking forward to more
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

c.p.

I look forward to seeing how these creeks come out, and look forward to seeing the first town spring up too. ;)

Pat

OK so now that we are done showing off the creeks bed its time for a small teaser of RAIN!!!!

I want to thank everyone Joan aka Jmouse, bat, Guillaume aka Sciurus, bob56, LEO, and Brian aka CP for stopping in here... I would personaly reply this time but I am getting ready to get out the door as I got to work... I had this picture ready to go on Saturday but that got delayed as I didnt get home till late from my fire departments fishing jamboree...

We had a natural gas leak call so that set us behind during our dinner after wards lol... Then I was going to do this on sunday but at 130 am we had gotten a call to assit rhinelander fire with a house fire which turned out to be a fatality... More on that here... I would go in to more detail but its still to much to deal with atm... I will have another update soon as I need to play a little to keep my mind occupied... So needless to say this weekend hasnt been the best... But rest assured I am holding up and I am strong!!! I do have great support and that is you all!!! Thank you for supporting me threw out all and all...

Patrick

bob56

very nice...One thing i noticed is that there soesn't seem to be a road connected to that bridge. MAybe i'm just blind...  &smrt

Also, i see you got rain to work...for me it always floods my city.

Great job. I'm looking forward to more waterfalls!!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

kimcar

&apls &aplsExcellent use of the rain mod Pat. I have to try it one of these day. Great looking too. Take care

meinhosen

Pat,
I completely neglected to stop by earlier- nice job on the terraforming and the rain tool!  I saw those shots of the empty landscape and my own imagination starting running on how things would look- but seeing even the far-zoom shot blasted those images out of the water.  I'm eager to see the close-up details.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Jmouse

Lookin' good, Pat! Which tree controller are you using?

Later...
Joan