• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem with Maxis Props in SFBT Street Tree Mod

Started by cubby420, August 08, 2012, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby420

Hi All,

Recently acquired a new computer and started loading up for extensive SC4 adventures. I've used the SFBT Street Tree mod extensively in the past to populate my sidestreets with great trees and parking bays. However, I'm having issues with maxis props appearing despite not being chosen at install or present in the directory. All dependencies are properly installed. See below for the configuration of my plugin folder and example image:

Plugins > SFBT > Street Tree Mod >
                                              > Parking Lots > JRJ Street side mod neutral parking bays
                                              > Street Mods > 14 files (SFBT_StreetsideMod....dat)
                                              > Tree Props > SFBT_CP_Street_Deciduous_Trees.dat

I think it's worth noting that at the time of the above picture I had Marshes tree replacement mod installed. I have since tried with it removed and it did not change a thing.

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Andrew

cubby420

A friendly bump to this topic...  :P

I still haven't found the root of the issue in my setup. Removed plenty of mods and files to try and isolate the problem one in the bunch. No luck. Is anyone aware of commonly used files that may conflict with the SFBT street tree mod?

jmyers2043

It is my recollection that the SFBT street tree mod uses a combination of CP and Maxis trees. Although, I am surprised to see the palm tree along the road side. You can try to reinstall and choose different options - or - Jeroni did a street tree mod too. Perhaps this is the one you're thinking about?

http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1364

Good Luck

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

catty

Quote from: cubby420 on August 08, 2012, 10:12:37 AM
...I think it's worth noting that at the time of the above picture I had Marshes tree replacement mod installed. I have since tried with it removed and it did not change a thing....

Roads, streets, etc will not automatically update, if you had "Marshes tree replacement mod installed" when you created the street it won't change unless you remove the models and then you would get brown boxes, I would run the street tool over that stretch of street and see what happens.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.