• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exla357

Saying "nice update!" "Great job" "wow" etc gets boring after a while.
So I will use Yoda Speak.

Hmm, good update this is, young Noachlem. Impressed by your extensive use of custom content am I. Approve of this MD, I do.

May the NAM be with you.

Yan077

Wow, Noah, surely the most impressive update you post until then, fantastic mosaic and great use of the new NAM stuff on each picture !  :o

Really excellent update !
Yann  :thumbsup:

supremec

Awesome rain effects, very interresting city, and a fabulous region  &apls  &apls
And a realistic network (15.2)  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

wallasey

Really Enjoyed this update!!! Good to see it rains and shines in your great city!

sumwonyuno

The transport map is great!  Also, I've never seen those bridges before.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

RickD

I always enjoy your non-grid layouts. Keep it up.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Rady

Great mosaic, noah! Hope to see more of your GLR .. I'm an absolute fan of having GLR in my cities ...!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Framly

The last big mosaic looks just awesome! Great map! :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Ol.S / Benoit

Well this is really impressive ! Great work on this update :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Tomas Neto

Yeah Noah, fantastic update!!! Great work on this your beautiful city!!!  &apls &apls

Nanami

Glad to see you here again Noah! nice update you got there!

ricardomiranda

Other great update , nice pictures, nice rain !

Terring7

Lot's of awesome pictures, especially the trail path with the bridge :)&apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

noahclem

Hello everyone, I just wanted to take a minute to thank you all individually for your comments and share some recent images that are the current pride of Siilijoki! You may recognize these two  ;)

Taken from the municipality of Pohjanmaa

A recent iteration of the "Igelstadt Kreuz", the central junction of Igelstadt municipality. Some time ago I decided to widen the interchange to a minimum of three lanes in each direction along the motorway. Actually achieving this with good slopes and working RHW overpass overrides has required a lot of time and the destruction of a large portion of nearby development, all the old sound walls, and one of the old road bridges over the motorway. The process also requires the entire reconstruction of the motorway south from this point, though not the movement of 45th St one tile south, as I'd worried would be necessary. Construction on the third, and hopefully final, version of the "Igelstadt Kreuz" remains ongoig.

REPLIES:

Quote from: Jmouse on September 01, 2011, 06:45:23 PM
Noah, that map (15.2) is one of the most impressive I've seen. It looks like it's professionally made. May I ask what software you used to create it? Your comment about vector imaging suggests you might have used Adobe Illustrator (R).

I rather like the dreary look of 15.3 - guess I'm tired of glaring summer sunshine. &mmm Your night shots look great, especially 15.6. The composition has a pleasing balance, and I like the dark area in the top right quadrant. Your selection and placement of trees in 15.7 is excellent, and the entire mosaic is stunning.  It's scenic and realistic enough to be a travel poster.

I'm glad you posted the night and day comparison (15.8 and 15.9). For a moment, I wondered if 15.6 and the top part of the mosaic were the same, but decided I was probably wrong.

It's good to be back, and I'm glad to see you back in the game as well... :)
-Joan

Great to hear from you again Joan! The map was created with Inkscape, which is open source. I really appreciate your comments on all the pictures and am glad my experiment with rainy pictures worked out. I wish I could trade you a couple cold rainy days for some warm sunny ones right now!

Quote from: Skimbo on September 02, 2011, 04:46:03 AM
finally another update again! I like many of the pics.

Thanks Skimbo, I'm glad to have updated too  ;)  Thanks for being such a loyal visitor to Siilijoki!

Quote from: art128 on September 02, 2011, 05:09:46 AM
Superb update once again. The rain effect on the first pictures is well done. The mosaic is really wonderful, I like your work with the Turning lanes and the pedestrian bridges.

Thanks a lot Arthur, I really appreciate your kind words. I have your MD to thank for some inspiration of great rainy, dreary pictures  :thumbsup:  Glad you liked the other pics as well.

Quote from: Sciurus on September 02, 2011, 07:44:43 AM
Great update, again and as always would I say! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:

Thanks Guillame, for the great compliment!

Quote from: Exla357 on September 02, 2011, 07:11:59 PM
Saying "nice update!" "Great job" "wow" etc gets boring after a while.
So I will use Yoda Speak.

Hmm, good update this is, young Noachlem. Impressed by your extensive use of custom content am I. Approve of this MD, I do.

May the NAM be with you.

Hehe, thanks buddy, I appreciate the creative reply  :D  I hope you're enjoying the new NAM!

Quote from: Yan077 on September 03, 2011, 03:50:18 AM
Wow, Noah, surely the most impressive update you post until then, fantastic mosaic and great use of the new NAM stuff on each picture !  :o

Really excellent update !
Yann  :thumbsup:

Thanks Yan077, that's one of the nicest comments I've ever gotten! I'm really glad you enjoyed the update!

Quote from: supremec on September 03, 2011, 04:37:36 AM
Awesome rain effects, very interresting city, and a fabulous region  &apls  &apls
And a realistic network (15.2)  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the very kind words supremec!

Quote from: wallasey on September 03, 2011, 05:48:35 AM
Really Enjoyed this update!!! Good to see it rains and shines in your great city!

Thanks a lot wallasey, always great to see you around here  :thumbsup:

Quote from: sumwonyuno on September 04, 2011, 04:40:28 PM
The transport map is great!  Also, I've never seen those bridges before.

Glad you like the map sumwonyuno! The bridges are Glenni's overhanging, eye candy pedestrian ones from the STEX--let me know if you need a link.

Quote from: RickD on September 06, 2011, 02:28:31 AM
I always enjoy your non-grid layouts. Keep it up.

Thanks RickD, it's always fun trying to "break the grid"  ;D

Quote from: Rady on September 06, 2011, 03:35:26 AM
Great mosaic, noah! Hope to see more of your GLR .. I'm an absolute fan of having GLR in my cities ...!

Thanks a lot Rady! I love GLR too (I suppose you can probably tell) and I feel it adds a lot of character to cities. I promise you'll see more GLR from me, almost certainly in the next update.

Quote from: Framly on September 06, 2011, 04:45:43 AM
The last big mosaic looks just awesome! Great map! :)

Thanks very much Framly! Really glad you enjoyed the update  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Ol.S / Benoit on September 06, 2011, 05:19:35 AM
Well this is really impressive ! Great work on this update :)

Thank you Benoit, glad to see you in Siilijoki again!

Quote from: Tomas Neto on September 06, 2011, 07:22:04 AM
Yeah Noah, fantastic update!!! Great work on this your beautiful city!!!  &apls &apls

Thanks for the kind words Tomas, I really appreciate it  :thumbsup:

Quote from: 976 on September 06, 2011, 11:13:41 AM
Glad to see you here again Noah! nice update you got there!

Thanks a lot 976!

Quote from: ricardomiranda on September 07, 2011, 07:26:55 AM
Other great update , nice pictures, nice rain !

Thank you Ricardo!

Quote from: Terring7 on September 11, 2011, 12:21:50 AM
Lot's of awesome pictures, especially the trail path with the bridge :)&apls

Thanks Elias, glad you loved those paths and bridges!

nbvc

Great work with your last updates. &apls

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Jmouse

Thanks for posting these photos, Noah. I like everything I see in Siilijoki. :) I even like your CBD and most of the time I don't care for them.

-Joan

Simcitler

Great work here again.  &apls
The diagonal intersection and the diagonal bridge looks convincing.

Hope to see more!  ;)

~Simcitler

ricardomiranda

This bridge is the diagonal of the new NAM? How did you install? Two great pictures!