• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's Melbourne BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, April 05, 2015, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Quote from: bombardiere on July 06, 2015, 01:25:51 AM
I am not worried about 90 corners. Some detail will be lost in SC4 render anyway, so don't think that matters in the game.

Not worried about it, but I think it will just add the dot over the i.
If he are polymodeling in max it will take 3-5 minutes to chamfer these corners.
The extra poly edit modifier, just gives the option of go back on the chamfer or even change the values of the chamfer on a later stages (checking the animate under Edit Poly Mode).

FrankU

I think I just missed a series of updates...... My mistake.
But it's great work that I see! Gorgeous projects.   &apls

Only the HD.... I don't know. My Pluginsfolder is already quite large. Should I really use HD skyscrapers?  ()what()

c.p.

Nice work on the window displays.  I can almost read the book titles! :thumbsup:

noahclem

Quote from: c.p. on July 08, 2015, 11:29:09 AM
Nice work on the window displays.  I can almost read the book titles! :thumbsup:

Ha, you almost can, huh? :D  I just noticed the "The Hobbit" poster!

Wrt the HD thing, I'm not 100% but I think SD version availability was implied in the post. My rendering experience is zero, but if SD is 0.5^3 the amount of work as HD, SD versions would be a relatively quick 12.5% of the rendering time as HD--so SD fans hoping to get their favorite batters to accommodate their wishes may end up a bit luckier than HD fans trying to arm twist their favorite authors into the same ;)

Unconstantean

Simcoug

Awesome details and I love the old facade  :thumbsup:

FlyHigh

Great work, the textures seem flawless. Just out of curiosity, where did you learn your texturing techniques?
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Aaron Graham

OMG!!!! you going a great job, and I can tell you work is getting better. I can see the AO is applied in the render.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

seraf

Beautiful work as always  &apls Love all the little details :)

reddonquixote

Sorry, no new updates. I feel bad I haven't replied to any of the comments. I've been working on something *secretly* but its taking a lot lot lot longer than I thought it was going to.

Art, Romualdillo, Noah, Bombardiere, FrankU, CP, Unconstantean, Simcoug, Aaron & Seraf - Thankyou very much  ;D

Vester - Thankyou, could you please explain what is a plane with a Matte/Shadow material, and why do I need it? Is there a link to some information on it, I'm intrigued... Yeah, good point about the corners, I don't usually worry about it due to BAT scale, I might try using rounded materials instead of chamfering though.

Flyhigh - Thankyou! I guess I learnt texturing the same way everyone does, a bit of reading, tips from people on the forums, and a lot of practice  ;D

Hope to have something new to show you soon  :thumbsup:

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vester

Quote from: reddonquixote on August 15, 2015, 04:33:28 PM
Thankyou, could you please explain what is a plane with a Matte/Shadow material, and why do I need it? 

The Matte/Shadow material collect shadows, but only that. No surface or material to the surface.
Its just give you a good presentation of your model. 
I use it at the rendering in this post: link

Rounded materials ? Care to explain ?

reddonquixote

Yeah, sure. Round Corners is a setting on Arch & Design materials that simulates round edges when rendered.

There's a description and image on this article (scroll down to the second section) - http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-6F8332A7-CD75-4DA6-9E91-3A167B847A44-htm.html

There's an article on Matte/Shadow materials on this link as well. Thanks for the tip  :thumbsup: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-690591A8-67A6-4FE1-8F3D-15E31596F281-htm.html
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Pat

The buildings and detail I love here Red, great job!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

simangel

WOW, I just found this thread amazing work!, good to see more buildings from Australia, will you be releasing these?.

reddonquixote

Not much movement in this thread for a while. So that October wasn't a complete write-off I've quickly whipped up some night versions of the Collins Street BATs. I'd say they are mostly there, just a couple of them need maybe a few tweaks, then they should be ready for release.  ;D

Thankyou Pat & Simangel! - Yes, they are pretty close to getting a release I think.

First up, 530 Collins Street

520 Collins Street

500 Collins Street

480 Collins Street

470 Collins Street

Bipin

Fabulous work Red! I'm pleased to see there are people still working on SC4 BATs!  &apls

Nevermore

Red ... maybe Etihad Stadium ;) Australian FIM Speedway Grand Prix '15 :)

romualdillo

Great work!!  &apls  They look fantastic!!

noahclem

Really one of the best sets of bats of all time. Quite eager to feature these prominently in my cities though it will be quite difficult to do them justice :)

manga rivotra

Wow 5 new wonderful bat. Thanks you so much !  :thumbsup: