• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Some American Football fields

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 28, 2007, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoVino

Wow!  These look absolutely awesome!  :thumbsup: &apls

girlfromverona

These are total masterpieces - some of the most realistic looking things I've seen for SC4 yet!! Great job, Chris!

Chrisadams3997

Thanks everyone, it's been a lot of work getting them where they are now.

Ennedi:  Those are my favorite too.  It's funny that they are so far from the scope of what I originally set about to do on this project, but they ended up coming out the best out of it in my opinion.  A good example of community involvement and feedback too :)

M: it's a possibility in the future, but since the size of the fields are different(significantly, going from about 50 meters wide for the football, to 70 meters for the rugby), I'd have to completely rework the track more or less, and I'm not even sure how places with tracks around rugby fields(haven't seen any examples yet) have it all shaped and scaled.

PatRiot:  Ah, Albriet, that's my baby.  And finally going to be released, after, er, umm, only 6 months ::)

M4346

My Old High School's field. We had a plain grass track.

Part of the University of Pretoria's Sport Grounds. Although it looks like the track is around the hockey field (right) and not the rugby field (center). The Cricket field is to the left.

Anyway, let me know if you need more examples.  ;D A standard athletics track, at least as I am used to it, in South Africa is 400m in circumference.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

I have missed a little bit.  Man, those fields are sooooo good.  I can't wait for these to be released.  They look so realistic.  And I definately have a favourite or two!

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Chrisadams3997

Well M, thanks for the examples.  Eventually I'll no doubt get around to that, especially once I make some decisions on scale for the basic field.

and thanks Robin :)

I decided that the aluminum stands I'd done for the previous fields wouldn't fit as well with the new, um, older ones, so I made some smaller, worn wooden ones for them.

cammo2003

G'day. The fields are looking great.

One minor point - on a rugby league field, the goals are on the tryline, not the dead ball line.

Diggis

Cammo, thats an american football field...  :P

Chrisadams3997

yep, and Diggis already set me straight on that fine point ;), I'll have an update on those in a couple of days.

dogfight

WOW. That field is ver realistic. Probably the I have seen. I prefer the worn out benches myself. Fits in better with the worn out field ;)

Hayden_Grady

hey there

has a fellow Batter i was wondering where do you get the field textures ? and how do you make them look used?

Chrisadams3997

Thanks Df(mind if I call you that for short ;)) glad you like it.

Hayden: Well, there's no short answer to that question.  You can see the satallite photos that I've used for the worn fields if you look back through this thread.  Essentially I've taken those, rotated them as necessary and cropped out the part of the field I want to use.  From there I make two layers(I use Paint Shop Pro 7, but you should be able to do something similair in Photo Shop) that I place on top of my basic grass texture like what I've used in the non-worn fields.  One of the layers from the sat. photo I make a luminecesnce layer(it'll transfer the lightness values over-very important) and one as either a hue or color layer(depending on whether I want to transfer saturation or just hue).  From there there is a lot of adjusting of layer transparencies, hue's and lightnesses, contrast, and many other things I'm missing right now to get it just right.  Also many details that get lost in the satellite image(particularly for the track and fields) have to be added back in, and hues that bleed over from dark or light objects have to be removed.  Long story short, it takes a good bit of picture editing experience and a little tenacity.

thundercrack83

The bleachers and the field look great, my friend! I've said it before, but outstanding work on this!

girlfromverona

I can NOT wait for these to be released - they're gonna look awesome in my new region. :D

Hayden_Grady

ok thanks , another field related question how big did you make them in sc4 grid square like 4x6

Chrisadams3997

thundercrack:  and it's always appreciated :thumbsup:

girlfromverona:  Thanks, I can't wait to see these start showing up in yall's regions.

Hayden_Grady:  nice guess.  The normal fields(with out track) are indeed 6x4, or more precisely I've rendered them at 91x49 meters.  I didn't use the full 120 yards(109.7meters) because it looked somewhat strecthed in the game view and was that much more disproportionate to the Maxis stuff.  I'm also realeasing a set(separately as I've got it presently planned) of the fields on 5x3 lots to match in with the Maxis fields if someone wishes(you can see pics of those in my last overview shot of all the fields, at the top of the pic.)

Also I wanted to say that if you or anyone else had more specific questions concerning how to work with field textures, you can PM me or post them here and I'll help out however I can, though I won't be able to give very specific advise in programs other than Paint Shop Pro 7.

tkirch

These are just awesome!!!!

Any idea when you will release them?

Chrisadams3997

it'll be soon, I'm just finishing up modding, packaging, and documentation as I get time.

Diggis

*gets out the defibrillator*  CLEAR 

How are these going?

oslexarkun

i hope those really nice stadiums and fields are coming out soon!   :satisfied: