• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TheTeaCat and the BAT!

Started by TheTeaCat, May 26, 2008, 09:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Yeah, I obviously mean Canary Wharf... I just always get those 2 wrong.

BTW, meant to talk to you about these barges...I'm doing some commercial canals, and these might sit really well against the edges as commercial barges.  We'll have to have a catch up for a cuppa (do you serve Hot Chocolates?) and discuss it.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Diggis on September 06, 2009, 07:08:58 AM
BTW, meant to talk to you about these barges...I'm doing some commercial canals, and these might sit really well against the edges as commercial barges.  We'll have to have a catch up for a cuppa (do you serve Hot Chocolates?) and discuss it.

Sounds like a great idea that cuppa :thumbsup: Hot Chocolate's could be arranged too : ::)D

and yes they could look real good with your new commercial canals I'm sure.
just got to finish them and see what happens eh?

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jmyers2043

Ideas that came to my mind.

How do the barges (in real life) move along? If they have an engine and are driven by a propeller then you may think about including an engine room with port hole windows and a smoke stack. Also, are there any communications that may need a two way antenna? A short mast with weather type stuff like wind gauge? or green/red port starboard indicator lights? A horn to alert the dockside staff that a ship is coming in? Flood light for night time navigation?

My only real complaint (if I can have one) is the rim around the windows seems a bit on the heavy side.

Good Luck   :thumbsup: 

<edit>
Regarding the ideas above. I really don't have a clue what an English barge looks like. You may have it spot on.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)