• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

aNdi's BATs (Berliner Stadtschloss)

Started by aNdi, June 22, 2008, 12:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aNdi

fabian: hehe, I'm sorry that I made you sad ;) But real-life really got me freaking
according to the colours, that's excactly the problem I've got. I can't find any coloured photos of the palace. so that I can't even say whether the whole palace did look like this portal at the staatsratsgebäude does look today.
the choice of colours I made because of the models of the palace I have seen and they always were quite colourful.  I try to make my version look a bit more realistic and dirty ( I mean hey, it's an old building :P )
I think I will keep the colours as they are now, make one portal and then work them out again. I wouldnt make sense to spend a million hours in the colours just to see the difference between certain sections^^
but thank you that you made me wonder about this important theme ;)
Berlin: Verdammt dazu ewig zu werden und niemals zu sein.

BATting projects. Currently: Berliner Stadtschloss

delija21

wow...awesome work mate....these would loke nice as a stand alone bats too......anyway good to see you back

Red Star Production is now on FACEBOOK

DebussyMan

There's a view at 2:23 on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwO30VlJscYwhich shows it rather dull looking, but I've also seen many models which show it as a mix of stone and yellow plaster. Even more, the visualization projects for the rebuilding show it with colour:

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

aNdi

delija21 : Thank you very much :) I guess I really have to publish them as stand-alone aswell, huh?! ^^

debussyman: WOw, I don't even know that picture, it's great :) Yeah, according to the dirt I think that It's really a matter of time. in the 1930's these parts of the palace were like 250 years old so I guess that the colourful version is the original one and the colours just turned into grey because of the traffic and so on...
thank you so much for your help :)

aNdi

I've played a bit with the textures and added models of the other two buildings that are done already so that you have a comparison of size

if I will keep that size the final model will have a size of about
14x18 :S
uff
I guess I will have to reduce its size a little bit

praiodan

Quote from: aNdi on April 27, 2009, 08:10:13 AM
if I will keep that size the final model will have a size of about
14x18 :S
uff
I guess I will have to reduce its size a little bit

Yes, the current size is definatly a little over the top. But be careful with the rescaling. It is easy to underestimate the dimensions.. Best is to do it as the very final step of creating the model. If you're after an accurate recreation of the old Schloss, it should take 10x13 or 11x14 in the end.

(The numbers on the left and to the bottom are exact, certain values, the one in the top and in the right estimations)

Oh and of course it's good too see you back at this big project. You're progressing quite well and I'm looking forward to more!

aNdi

thanks for your post :) It's good to see a well known face
I didn't rescale it yet, as you said, this might create more problems than it solves, so I wanted to wait until the model itself is done and then check out what it looks like
10x13 or 11x14 seems to be quite realistic though, and even about the realations I do have now, but we'll see what it turns to in the end :)
what do you think about the colours/textures ? I'm quite happy with the results, except the... Fensterbänke ( sorry, the english world does not come into my mind... "window benches"? ^^)

ps: thanks for the scales ;)

praiodan

"Window benches"!? Meh, that translation hurts!  :D
What you mean are (window) ledges/sills  ;)

About the colours/textures... Hard to say much, it would be easier if seen over the whole model. Yet I'll give it a try: Your textures seem quite okay to me, but be careful not to let them become repetitive (would also something for me to work on in the end). But I'm not too sure about the yellow tones. They look a tad to dull and old which wouldn't resemble the grandeur of the building they are attached to. They look cold, lacking "warmth". They are rather heading towards some kind of green but I think it should be a more orange tone in it. Maybe you can have a look at my Schloss Charlottenburg colours and see what I mean.
To keep the grey stone on the windows' ledges on the ground and first floor looks suitable to me, but you're kinda right, there's something odd about the ledges. I think it comes from the upper two floors where they are textured with a strange, very bight yellow which you should substitute for something better-fitting. For that you might consider a similar texture to the darker yellow you used to frame the wall into its sections.

If you think I could be a little more a helper with German, you are free to contact me on MSN (I think we have eachother in our contacts?) or ICQ  :)

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

aNdi

hey guys, good news
I'll post another update tomorrow (I fixed the statue-isse ;) thank to all who helped)
and I just wanted to share this with you

I can't wait until this becomes reality  ;D

and I also can recommend to you this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAlqzuc6HgE&feature=channel_page
(at the end you'll see moved pictures of what the new palace will look like in 2015)

source:
http://berliner-schloss.de/de/Neues-Schloss-Humboldt-Forum/Neue-Bilder-Berlin-2015-.htm

DebussyMan

Thank god! I was starting to worry  &mmm

Can't wait to see when they finish it either! (I've got start saving for a trip to Berlin in 2015 just to take a look at it)  ::)

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

praiodan

Quote from: DebussyMan on September 04, 2009, 02:00:41 PM
(I've got start saving for a trip to Berlin in 2015 just to take a look at it)  ::)

I hope this time you'll give me a hint for when you are travelling before being here instead of afterwards.  ::) $%Grinno$%

DebussyMan

Got six years to confirm, so I think I'll be able to give you a heads up with some anticipation  :D

Odainsaker

Omigosh!  It's great to see that this building will make it into SimCity 4 as a beautiful BAT, but it's even better to learn that it may be rebuilt in reality.  Bit by bit, the lost classic grandeur of Old Berlin is coming back.

aNdi

hehe DebussyMan, wanna see what your modeled buildings look like in reality?
believe me, your models do suite them very well :D

Odainsaker: hehe excactly. there are some further buildings of old berlin that are going to be rebuilt, as the old Bauakademie by Schinkel for instance:

whatever, this is what I've got to show this far:
the gate that connects the two inner courts ... with statues finally ;)

and I made this for you so that you can imagine the dimension of the whole building
the size of the preview is quite much the size of the final model (in the game about 11x14 titles large)
I hade to scale down the buildings to make them fit the ground plan, and still they're too tall  ...^^

Leodido

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

aNdi

hehe, thanks ;)

I've been woking on the red walls...
and i was quite surprised that it doesn't even look too bad in the renderings :D

DebussyMan

Looks very nice! I can already imagine how the inner court will look when complete  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Impressive, just impressive, when you see there was at least of it, it's impressive &apls &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kwakelaar

Fantastic work here, it is such a huge project, no wonder it takes some time.