• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cozu

Quote from: Haljackey on March 23, 2008, 08:09:01 PM
Warrior: LOL!  It happens to all of us!  As long as you can see again...  ()stsfd()

el_cozu: Take a moment to read my response to Warrior's post on a similar matter.

Essentially, what's the difference between MIS ramp "A" and "B"?  A is orthogonal, B is diagonal.

MIS ramp "C" is essentially the same as MIS ramp "A" because it is orthogonal as well.  The only difference is "A" being for the MIS and "C" for being the RHW-4.

What mrtnrln is requesting is basically MIS ramp "B" for the RHW-4, a split that is diagonal, not orthogonal. 
-Call it MIS ramp "D" if you will.  It is not the same as MIS ramp "C".

I hope that cleared it up a bit for you.  If you're still stuck, I can provide some visuals or something if need be.

Best,
-Haljackey

Yes... thanks... I actually got it when he requested this piece... i get the whole thing diagonal and orthogonal... but sometimes i dont seem to understand the english language that well when i read it XD... so... when i read your response... i got like... confused XD... but is clear now thank you...

Another question.. will there be elevated RHW and MIS pieces over other networks...

ex... RHW4 over AVE... or MIS over Street?...

el_cozu

what's up... maybe this doesn't consern the RHW mod... but here it goes...

is there a map transport dataview that can detect the RHW?... if so... where can i find it?... cuz i put my transportation map and the RHW doesnt apear  :-[

Jonathan

No offence but this has been asked so many times it gets boring, the answer is at the top of every page.

QuoteWhy doesn't the RHW show up on the Region Transport Map View in-game?  Can this issue be fixed?

The RHW Network is based on a road network which Maxis left hidden and unfinished, but was revived by the NAM Team.  As such, it was not programmed to show up on the Region Transport Map, and it appears this functionality is locked into the .exe, and thus, cannot be fixed. 

There is, however, a workaround, using the "DrawPaths" cheat from Buggi's SC4ExtraCheats.dll file (found here).  Run the cheat in game, and then save the tile.  Upon exiting the city tile, all transit networks will be visible.  (RHWs and Maxis Highways will appear green, while surface streets will appear blue.)  The one (and only) drawback is that these new path lines are visible in both the Satellite and Transport views.

goddy

hello, i'm new here.
i've searched around the threads about RHW and Marrast combining together, didn't find a right one to speak for me.
i'm wondering is there a way to add Marrast Underpass with RHW together?
if it's possible, dat will be cool.

a1n2d3r4e5w6

Whatever happened to the UHW? i thought it was a great idea.

dragonshardz

Jonathan

By UHW you mean Urban HighWay?

As in the reskin of the MAXIS highways by Shadow Assassin?

Yea don't know what happened to that or the Euro textures

MandelSoft

This morning an idea came across my mind: MIS smooth curves. Like the idea?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI can make models for an MIS curve if I have time.

It shouldn't take too long if the models are lifted from the RHW gentle curves.

As for the Euro RHW, I'm almost there...

I know it has been delayed, delayed, delayed, but real life's the cause of that delay.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dedgren

What is the sound of one jaw dropping?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

pilotdaryl

pvarcoe

mightygoose

Quote from: dedgren on April 11, 2008, 06:38:51 PM
What is the sound of one jaw dropping?

well i dropped two and until that moment i didnt even realise that was physically possible...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Shadow Assassin

Prelim textures for the RHW-2. Any suggestions?

These textures need to be edited anyway to eliminate the 1px offset on the curves.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Looks great - I can't wait!  :thumbsup:

As for the RHW-2 textures, the "sidewalk" next to the high density zone looks a bit odd. Considering that you can't grow anything along it, I wonder if it's possible to create a workaround for the looks when it touches RCI zones.
Andreas

Tolsome

WOW, omg that really amazing, I can't wait! EURO RHW is really the best!  ;D ;D ;D

shenti

Dear NAM team

Can you help me, I would like to take this Toll Booth transit-enabled but how does that with the RHW trassen

@ Shadow Assassin

And I enjoy myself already on the euro RHW texture

Tolsome

hi  :)
I worked the full Friday and Saturday on this rhw tunnel. But here is now a first beta for you:

Unfortunately I have not enough knowledge to make a functional rhw tunnel, so I hope someone like the tunnel and can make it functional for v21. ;)

shenti