• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Prop Family Index

Started by BarbyW, September 26, 2007, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Quote from: BarbyW on February 04, 2009, 06:29:23 AM
Adam: your range is 0x5f850A00 to 0x5f850aff inclusive.

That means I can have the range after? This one?

0x5f850b00 to 0x5f850bff inclusive

Pat

Hey Silvio you can have my range as I havent used it at all and plus I havent been able to mess around with props as I wanted to...

0x51922100 to 0x519221ff

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Barby, I have a question:

I'm going to make some ploppable vehicles and other props using the "Plopperizer" method described by David (exactly as you did with tractors and military vehicles I guess  :)). Props in the set don't form a family, but a chain. Anyway it is a group of props. Should I use my new BSC Prop Family Index  range to assign IID numbers to these props?

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

BarbyW

No, Adam, don't use those. Make yourself a set of IIDs like David did or like I did. I used BAB5 to start mine - the closest I could get to Barby $%Grinno$% You could use ADA to start yours.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Rayden

Quote from: Pat on February 16, 2009, 01:35:12 PM
Hey Silvio you can have my range as I havent used it at all and plus I havent been able to mess around with props as I wanted to...

0x51922100 to 0x519221ff

OK, Pat, I'll keep yours unless Barbie says otherwise. Thx. :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey no problem there Silvio!! Glad to help out...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Thanks, Pat and Silvio. I shall note change of user.

Pat

Notta problem at all, it was the most I could do to give back for now  ;)

superhands

barby, could i grab a range? it i'll be for a building/residential family.
dave

BarbyW

Dave: Your range is 0x5f850b00 to 0x5f850bff inclusive.

superhands

thanks ;)
now to populate the family $%Grinno$%

gobo77

Sorry for my bad english....

BarbyW

Gobo77  your range is: 0x5f850c00 to 0x5f850cff

Heoga

Hey,

I'm getting to the stage where I'm about to start some serious building with the BAT and would like to request an IID range for my props.

Thanks,
Heoga

BarbyW

Heoga, you only need a range if you intend to make props into a family. If you are just making props then you don't need one. Let me know if you intend to make families.

Heoga

Hey,

Yea I'm planning a few families.  I'm making some row house and need to make the corners a bit random.

BarbyW

Heoga, your range is 0x5f850d00 to 0x5f850dff   inclusive.

Heoga

tamorr

I was wondering if I could have a specific range like 77500000 to 775001ff for my personal use, as that is all I would ever need. Is the range taken?

I do have a question about parent cohorts for naming them for viewing in LE. I have read the tutorial here on making prop families and it says adding 1 to the first number for the cohort, like for a prop family 77500000 would have a cohort of 87500000. Does this effect the families number range, or wouldn't effect existing cohorts if the number happens to be the same, which is unlikely. I don't really know how or where to find the list of cohorts for prop familys/props in the maxis ones, plus is a cohort for a prop different from a family cohort? I guess I am just asking why the Cohort is done like that, adding 1 to the left most number?
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

BarbyW

I have noted your range request and logged it for you.
Regarding the cohort files, that is an optional step but as all families are allocated there should be no overlap of numbering. The +1 for the cohort file has no effect on the family itself other than to show a name when you are working in LE. There is a file on the LEX - BSC Mod Prop Family Names - that has cohort files for the Maxis families. This is very useful for lot makers.
As for why the Cohort is made by adding 1 to the family IID I have no idea as that is how Maxis did it.