• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sterling Regional Development

Started by krbe, February 22, 2007, 07:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrogue

Dedgren, that is superb advice.....I had never really thought it all thruough before myownself.... It seems the towns I am happiest with are the ones with a great deal of "business" diversity......sometimes don't even think of plopping stuff :'( .... oh well...

krbe, am really looking forward to your next update....
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

emilin

Looking good. Working with mid density structures is hard, and you're really achiving some rather realistic results. :thumbsup:

Just a question though: why is waterfront facing in towards the land?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Heinz

so much good stuff and none since mar 9? nothing wrong, i hope. would love to see more!

krbe

Quote from: zniehadajet on March 24, 2007, 05:44:12 AM
so much good stuff and none since mar 9? nothing wrong, i hope. would love to see more!

Hi there. Little have happended with this MD the last weeks - I've been working alot, travelled a bit, but perhaps the most exciting thing is my new computer - I invested in a MacBook this weekend, as my old computer died. I'll try to migrate the region and plugins to this new machine, but since I only got the PC version of SC4, I'm afraid I have to install Windows on my computer (using 7.5 GB of the drive to Windows isn't ideal when the HDD only has 80 GB).

But fear not! Hopefully I'll have at least a small update by the end of the weekend (I need to see House and a couple of movies I missed since I was travelling last week [a word of advice: If you plan to go to Oslo, don't]).

Thank you, and good night.

dedgren

Hey, krbe- we'll be watching for the update.  Thanks for keeping us posted and 'grats on the new computer purchase.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Congratulations on your new computer, my friend! I'll be awaiting the next update!

Heinz

ok sorry if i seemed impatient. congrats on the new computer!  &apls will sit tight for the updates  :P

krbe

Wow! What a change! Previously, I used a HP Pavilion notebook, with a 1,6 GHz processor and 768 MB RAM - upgrading to a MacBook 2 GHz Dual Core and 1024 MB RAM really changed my gaming experience! Finally, everything runs smoothly, on full graphics settings. While the years really lagged before, and I didn't make it to the end of year 50 on any city, I came to 150 on my first city! Below are the images of Jobsville, my first city on my new computer - all made the last three hours (I'm sorry the city layout isn't very good. I'm still undecided what to do with the region, as I feel I have the ability to "connect" the cities much better than before).

A pristine city

The old town, before I decided to put in a high-rise residential and commercial area

The motorway cross leading in to the new parts of the city

The crossing in the old part, destroying much of the original settlements

THe city with the new commercial and residential area to the left, the old city in the middle and a new commercial area in the old industrial area

As said, I'm a bit unsure wether to continue on Sterling - I feel the region has become too big for me, and I believe I'll go for something smaller. A region with space for a big city, some suburbs, a few farms, an airport, a large industrial area - I think I'll rather go for that in the future.

Heinz

ok that's a hard shove into another direction. lol would love to see how you go on with this. i don't think i've ever seen so much one way roads in an MD/CJ before so that would be something new.  :P congrats, again on the new hardware and performance.  :P

thundercrack83

That's a very nice map you have there, krbe. The way you're developing it looks very good, too! I can't wait to see more!

emilin

I would have to say that this is a huge leap forward. I liked your earlier work too, but this looks MUCH better in my opinion. Waiting for more with great interest.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

Interesting update, I like the interchange, very well done.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

oldrogue

I agree, the new computer sures makes a diference in the game....and it sure shows in your city....I like the way the new city looks ... anxious for more...
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

bat

wonderful pictures and great work! :thumbsup: