• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Merging regions

Started by socomseal45, January 02, 2008, 09:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socomseal45

Is there a way to merge regions using something like the SC4 Terraformer? (I don't know if this is in the right section, so please move to the correct section)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into 
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

dedgren

I've thought that one through myself.  SC4TF would not appear to offer any direct way to do it.  One could load each region into the TerraFormer, export a .bmp, combine them in a graphics program, then reimport the new .bmp through Terraformer to create the new region.  Sounds steppish to me, but if the motivation was there...

The alternative I came up with was to create an empty SC4 region (the config.bmp and region.ini files in a folder named for the new region), then start the game and import each city from the two old regions into it.  Thus, two 4x4 quad regions could become a single 4x8 quad region.  Reconciling the boundary would be handled by a pass through TerraFormer.

Anyone have any other thoughts on this?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

socomseal45

So I could start a city on each of them, then start a new region and import each city into the new one?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into 
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

flame1396

Hard to do without a lot of close-up detail work if cities are already there. Unless it's flat.

Splicing bitmaps and going over them in Photoshop or Terraformer is your best bet.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.