• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Just Gloria

Started by DerChrischi, August 14, 2011, 07:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerChrischi

I thank you for the answers and the kind words. Here's a little situation where I just tinker. I'm hoping for a few critical words and ideas. But in very simple English please! XD

Framly

Great Picture! Nice to see your work here :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

noahclem

Very nice work here!  &apls  I like the large roundabout trick  ;)

As for suggestions, I would recommend using Maxis avenue instead of MAVE-6 and SAM streets instead of Maxis streets.

Also, if you decide to stick with MAVE-6 this "no-grass" mod might help: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25796-mave-4-mave-6-no-grass/

looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

EDIT: my comment about getting rid of MAVE-6 is only because the roundabout seems to small for it. Otherwise it works great.

RickD

I was thinking quite long what you could improve in this already great picture. Then I discovered that noah already posted exactly what came to my mind.  ;)

The transition from MAVE6 does not look good there. Better use regular avenues.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Tomas Neto

wallasey

Great view going on there!

Like the market stalls on the plaza area!

art128

I agree about the comments made by Noah and Raphael, a simple maxis avenue would look better than a MAVE6 transition. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

DerChrischi

Dear SC4 community,
Thank you for the many kind words. That with the avenue I'm considering even at rest. Thanks for the discussion. Because currently, the building is such a thing with the city and somehow I'm missing a bit of creativity, I thought to myself, sometimes their backs completely on the outside of your card and begin to coast with your project.
Here's a little result.

I hope you like it. As you can see, there is a very rocky coast. But it will also sections with lots of beach. Do not worry. Unfortunately I have no "pledge" (where is my darn Duden? Hell in school, my students) found Sim, who is sitting in front of the lighthouse and his line into the water raises, but one can not always have everything in life.
I hope I have the occasional visitor to win here, which make me nice and also because critical words.
I take my leave from my Portait for the weekend. Mother-to-be has on We birthday and as the host of what is so far away that I did not get to play.

Dantes

Class work.  :thumbsup: The coast looks really great. I like the very lighthouse. He fits perfectly as a postcard.  :)

bat

Nice two pictures on this page!
Looking forward to more... ;)

Tomas Neto

DerChrischi

Thanks for your replies. I'll think about it with the alley.

Gloria the Second update
Katrinshaven
Today I managed to spend a little to the region since Gloria. Actually, I should have done something, but today I wanted to break even after almost seven days to go back to a city in my area. My choice was "Katrinshaven".
It caused my first night picture. I never expected that night images can have as much effect. I am quite satisfied with today's result, although I know that there slumbers a bit more potential in the pictures.
Only thought was a picture, but then I've decided to stop and a few more pictures. So it is then you become a real update. I hope you have fun viewing.

"Katrinshaven"
Glorian for the city is a popular holiday destination. The attraction of the city Katrinshaven is the popular "Kaimauerfest". It is not the Oktoberfest in Munich, but the little festival is growing in popularity and now you can meet the one or the other international guest and visitor numbers grow from year to year.

The city is named after the saint Katrin, who is the patron saint of seafaring in Gloria. At the same time she was married to a petty ruler Chrischi I, the Gloria, the city had nearly driven into bankruptcy, if not for the Holy Katrin would have been. She brought Chrischi I on the right track. She was strong in her faith and had a love for the sea. She built up trade relations and needed for a small port. Due to the economic fate which developed Chrischi I, after the holy Katrin had given him the right way, had the small state, "Gloria" the financial means for a port. Then Chrischi I. let a small town built on the lake.
Holy Katrin very cleverly used the port and could thus bring more wealth into the city. It was sacred to the rescue of five children, as they selflessly for the construction of the port jumped into the water and saved their lives. The parents of the children were so grateful that they dedicated a church in the emerging city. Thus arose the myth of the Holy Katrin in "Gloria" and she became the protegee of all mariners. They hope if they come once to be rescued from their board.

Today is no longer the image of the old town (coming later, I'm not finished with the Lots !!!!!) shaped, but from a variety of prefabricated (always grow the red ones, but I want only the blue and gray ones), which include apartments and intended for the recovery of Glorian are. There are 70s eyesores. Nevertheless, the Glorian come in large numbers every year here in the summer and spend their free time sailing and relaxing on the dike (also in the works, are still less implementation problems (lack of time and Props).
Each year in late August, with the thought "Kaimauerfest" the Holy Katrin.
But look for yourself

I hope you enjoy the pictures, even if it's not quite as spectacular as you expected.
Your Glorian Chrischi

DCMetro2834

Very nice pics! I'd spend a day there, it looks so serene. :)

noahclem

Katrinshaven looks very nice! And it's a style we've never seen from you. Glad you're enjoying the night shots, they can be a lot of fun! Though I would recommend using Simfox's day 'n' night mod from the STEX for darker, less blue pictures. The lighthouse picture looks really nice too  :thumbsup:

DerChrischi

Thanks for all Replies!  :thumbsup:

Before we start I need a very big thanks and praise go to beautiful, because without him, would this update not have been possible.

Dear Simcitler,

Thank you for your help with this update. I can not thank you enough that you have put yourself in my industry-Lot so intense apart, add, due to my ignorance and not understanding, a road connecting or jobs. It may actually not be difficult, you seem to always like the way to make.
THANK YOU
i hope your german name ist your international name!  :D

So then I set off again. The trip today is for Staynburg

Not really in the city, but a small industrial area.

Staynburg is a town very close to Gloria. They grow slowly together. (I hope)
When you walk in after Stanyburg are taking the big Factory and distribution center of Gloria production and distribution GmbH  past . This company is now the largest company in the country and even has a factory outlet. See for yourself

For many workers, there is a suitable parking space right outside the production area:

This work, office chairs, as they are affectionately called by the workers. Here is everything that has to do with the shipping done and the boss himself is here again and again to see.
Again and again he runs through his factory, and seeks contact with his staff.

What exactly is being produced, you do not really know, but there is plenty of oil for the production needs and so very environmentally friendly is not the company. Although no three-eyed fish was spotted, but rumor has it that the woods are still one or the other more aggressive boar: lol:.

Lots of traffic during the delivery, but also when collecting the goods. Not only trucks but also bring handsome freight trains and bring their goods. Nevertheless, everything is very calm and relaxed.

Here is an overview of the factory of Gloria production and distribution GmbH.

This is my first industry LOT. Have no idea of ​​looking like an industrial area has. But I could just about imagine it. If one has a tip regarding the brown road in agriculture, then I would be very grateful to him. Just a PM to me.

As you can see it is on the outskirts of Staynburg. It is located exactly between Gloria and Staynburg.
For the city itself, we come in the next few weeks. Maybe even an update of Gloria, if I can think of a brilliant idea.
I am grateful for the attention and I hope I do not confuse you too much with my total peppered here and there, in my area.
I am grateful for the attention and hope on a few critical and laudatory words.
your DerChrischi

rambuckel

Great Pictures @Chrischi ...

Compared with our industrial estate it's pretty realistic ... I like the positoning of the Rails.

I'm looking forward to the next update

-rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

DerChrischi

@rambuckel: Thanks  ;)

UPDATE 4: Walden - die historische Altstadt

Walden is a small town (15,000 inhabitants) in the feeding environment of Gloria. It lies on the river Glor and around forested . It's all very rural.

The city is very marked and half-timbered house exudes its own charm:

The old church is a popular wedding destination. Not only for the forest, but also for the Glorian.

Also notable is the Tradiotionelle registry office.

In the old town you will actually drink almost only cafe. Here is a cafe next to the presses. A proper pub scene has developed here and many bands from the region come here regularly in the pubs. Party-goers happy and we can call the Walden. The local rock band "Radiopoket". Radiopoket will soon see the "Glorian Festival" "Rock am Deich".

Landmark is the old Powder Tower

The Old Palace is now the town hall.

Much green dominates the cityscape

Thank you for your visit and wish you a nice Sunday evening!
DerChrischi

Kergelen

I like the square in the first and second picture and the relaxing feeling of the city   :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

rambuckel

Great Pictures again =)

-rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

wallasey

The Diversity of industry and history is great! I love the manufacturing warehouses!