• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

I can't find a way to connect my RHW 6 to this curve puzzle piece.

When I drag the straight portion out one tile then I can not rotate the curve puzzle piece in the right direction. It worked for the other curve piece, as you can see.

Any ideas?  ()what()
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

z

There are filler puzzle pieces; you need to find the one that fits between those two sections of RHW.

RickD

Thanks for the quick answer, Z. I thought it would work this way. What I did not realize was that the piece is located in the starter piece tab-ring. I looked for it in the curve pieces and did not find it there.

It is working now!  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

MandelSoft

I have another trick for that: Place a starter piece, right under the curve. Now demolish the first tile(s) next to the the starter piece. The starter disappears, but a draggable stub is left at the curves, so you can drag the RHW from there.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jondor

I have a couple little RHW things to report:

Draggable MIS left hand exits seem to have a couple quirks.  90% of the time I get the MIS reversing at the end of the ramp and have to fix it with a MIS starter.  Also notice the pixel offset on the A junction:

The other is a really minor little thing that's probably been around for a long time.  This RHW2 intersection doesn't have a modern texture, it's still using the old road texture:

Not that a lot of people will use it, but it might be nice to have.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

Quote from: jondor on June 19, 2010, 11:12:29 AM
Draggable MIS left hand exits seem to have a couple quirks.  90% of the time I get the MIS reversing at the end of the ramp and have to fix it with a MIS starter.  Also notice the pixel offset on the A junction:

That one's actually noted as being unstable in the Readme, as I recall.  It's partially due to how the override had to be set up--I plan on revisiting it to see if perhaps there is some way we can stabilize things, though.

-Alex

jondor

Quote from: Tarkus on June 19, 2010, 01:33:45 PM
That one's actually noted as being unstable in the Readme, as I recall.  It's partially due to how the override had to be set up--I plan on revisiting it to see if perhaps there is some way we can stabilize things, though.

-Alex

Gotcha, I must have missed that.  No big deal, I don't use a lot of left hand exits anyway.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

six9nc

:'( :angrymore:  Ok it happened. I had a complete meltdown today.  I removed all the files and tried it with just nam10 installed.  It CTD.  Then I saw the rhw10 folder in the nam folder so I took it out and the city loaded.  I then loaded all of my transport folder and it was good to go.  I then added the rest of my mods and proppack folders(minus rhw10) and it still worked.  I then start on my building folder and about halfway down I get the freeze.  I tried removing all building files and adding them 2 lines at a time and still freeze.  So in desperation I went to uninstall nam10 and not only did it uninstall nam but it removed the document folder for sc4.  So at that time I had no plugin folder...even the shortcut was removed from desktop.  I checked program files and maxis was still there but no document folder.  So today I just reinstalled sc4 and its booted up all good. I have a back up of my plugin folder from early march so Im ok with that. I just want to know if I should try nam10 with a fresh reinstall or what.  Whatever you guys suggest.  I want the complete install of nam and rhw so please inform me on what to remove and what configs to have everything in.  I have finished crying over the loss of 2 regions.One was of over 17 million and the oter was 5 mil and probably the best city work I have ever done but now I have a clean slate........any screenshots of plugin folders would be just great.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

Andreas

The NAM uninstaller shouldn't delete your entire plugins folder - unless you installed the NAM right into "\Plugins" rather than the suggested "\Plugins\Network Addon Mod". The installer script is using a recursive delete function; this was introduced into the current version as it became somewhat impractical to add all new files to the uninstaller list over and over again with every release. However, I can see the shortcomings, and we'll change that again most likely. It shouldn't have deleted any regions, though, as their are in another folder (not sure what you meant by "losing" them as well); in any case, files are never safe on a hard disk, so regular backups are mandatory. As for the crashes, the NAM shouldn't be the reason of those, except the cases that are described in the readme file.
Andreas

jondor

Hopefully this time I found an actual problem that went unnoticed:

When you plop this RHW-2/MIS exit, the paths are missing:

But, if you use the dragable version (or bulldoze the above indicated square and it changes to dragable, a handy tip):

Yay, paths!

This also occurs in the diagonally opposite rotation:

but the paths are just fine in the other two rotations.

six9nc

I kept all my uninstallers in one folder until I needed them.  Then I would putnthem in to the folder of the program to be uninstaller.  As crazy as it sounds it deleted everything.  Im going to try the nam and rhw install now.  From reading it is suggested I remove the .sav files in the nam folder.  Anything else i need mto remove.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

Tarkus

Quote from: jondor on June 21, 2010, 01:31:01 AM
Hopefully this time I found an actual problem that went unnoticed:

Appears there were two path stanzas with the same directions and same ID, which was causing the path file to not show up on that piece.  Looks like that's actually been like that since 3.0 without getting noticed.  It's fixed on my end now and will go into the Version 4.0.5 release.

-Alex

jondor

Quote from: Tarkus on June 21, 2010, 11:46:47 PM
Appears there were two path stanzas with the same directions and same ID, which was causing the path file to not show up on that piece.  Looks like that's actually been like that since 3.0 without getting noticed.  It's fixed on my end now and will go into the Version 4.0.5 release.

-Alex

Glad to be of help. :)

dare2go

Look what I have built today:

A tram return loop straight thru the basement of 2 houses... How do you like it?

How did it happen?
I was laying tram in avenue in 'zone' view because too many higher buildings were obscuring my view, but when I laid the final return loop it knocked out only part of the zoning; I deleted the remainder of the zoning, yet the 2 buildings remained - on top of the tram loop!!!

They stayed there for another hour or two, the tram works fine with over 2,000 passengers at some stations, only when I finally wanted to probe the buildings (with the ?-pointer) it crashed my game! I wonder if I can go back and delete the buildings w/o the game crashing?

SimCity - proof that the earth is flat

jdenm8

That looks like immortal building syndrome. I don't know of a way to fix it, but someone should.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Pheonix Rising

I know a fix is in the works for the maxis car ferry ctd.. but has anyone in the nam team checked out the non-maxis ferry lots? I am reinstalling everything and thought I would ask before a fix for the maxis ferry problem has been released. Other car ferry lots i think go to peg, ill tonkso (or frogface) and one or two others.

Keep up the good work, hope to see that fix posted soon!

Andreas

The fix doesn't change the Maxis ferry lot, actually, but changes the FAR "AutoPlace" feature, which somehow collides with the transit-enabling of the Maxis ferry lot. If other ferry lots have the same kind of transit-enabling, they should be safe after installing the update, but I guess it couldn't harm to check the other ferry lots that are available indeed.
Andreas

maxallon

hey its my first time on here and im not sure how things work but im just fire away with my problem.
I recently started playing sc4 and i cant find a single way to place my toll booths and i've seen pictures of people using toll booths and it just wont work for me.
I'd be mighty grateful if someone could help me out thanks!

j-dub

First off, welcome to SC4D, Maxallon. Now, before we can help you, is this about the default toll booths, or are you refering to the toll booths that came with the game by default, or are you refering to toll booths for additional networks like in the NWM or RHW?

The last time I used toll booths myself, I placed the toll booth first, and then built the network after. Because the nature of toll booths are transit enabled lots, the game can be picky about where those can go exactly. For example, I don't think toll booths like land that is not really flat. The other issue is TE lots can tend to can risk program crashing, but this is the only way for toll booths to exist in this game.