• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayStimson

Quote from: jondor on July 09, 2012, 12:06:18 PM
Also note that you'll have to redraw your ELR lines for the game to update the pylons and the T21s, or at least click them every five tiles or so.

I noticed that. Thanks. Deleting the problem file worked like a charm. Thanks again.
Freedom is never free.

pierrebaptiste

Hello

I have a problem with interchange system of RHW (RHW system with one line ) :

* the biggest trafic on RHW is traffic generator, there is no importance one RHW capacity  ;)

The trafic doesn't pass on the way to come on the RHW, the way with one line.

In red the aera where the trafic pass but in green the aera where there is no trafic is "block".

In red the logical way where the truck must be used, but they use the purple way :

And here an exemple to show a line which is use and there is no problem :

Can you help me ?

thanks  :thumbsup:

Blue Lightning

Looks like you installed the RHW in the wrong driving hand side. You look like you're LHD - you need to reinstall the RHW with the LHD option selected.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Nanami

hello, I have some problem here... it seems that some paths in the roundabout is gone (before and after I buldoze the filler fountain). am I do something wrong..
screenshot:

I use LHD NAM, NWM and RHW...

jdenm8

Have you installed the NAM hotfix? It contains modified LHD files to fix this problem.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Nanami

Tarkus

The LHD fixes might have accidentally ended up on your root C:\ drive, due to an installer glitch.  Check there, and if you find them, move them into the NAM LHD folder in your Plugins.

-Alex

Nanami

ah yeah.. the fixes isn't in my plugins folder (I installed windows in E:)

thanks for the information!

Magneto

Hello, I have a question about GLR FLups: I have some underground tram-only flups pieces, but they all interact with road or avenue. Is there any flups I can use if I want a GLR under rail or highway? Am I supposed to use the road flups to deal with such crossings, in the same way you link tram in avenues ramps?

ALso, I have rural roads installed (all related files to it I believe), but I can't figure out the rural roads. I have straight 1x1 piece and diagonal &x1 piece but is there a piece for transition between straights and diagonals or just the road tool? Is there a starter piece fore rural roads?

Subsidiary question (sorry if already asked): will NAM & RTMT unite?

Thanks,

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Magneto on August 02, 2012, 03:00:39 PM
Hello, I have a question about GLR FLups: I have some underground tram-only flups pieces, but they all interact with road or avenue. Is there any flups I can use if I want a GLR under rail or highway? Am I supposed to use the road flups to deal with such crossings, in the same way you link tram in avenues ramps?

ALso, I have rural roads installed (all related files to it I believe), but I can't figure out the rural roads. I have straight 1x1 piece and diagonal &x1 piece but is there a piece for transition between straights and diagonals or just the road tool? Is there a starter piece fore rural roads?

Subsidiary question (sorry if already asked): will NAM & RTMT unite?

1. The standard FLUP piece (not the entrance piece) is designed to work with everything: AVE, RD, OWR, GLR, and so on.

2. There's no starter, and if you tab around, you'll find a dashed RD to standard RD transition piece.

3. Into one single package, no.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Zoeff

I've been searching the web for 2 hours but haven't been able to find an actual list of improvements that this mod gives me. Does that even exist?

Something else - The left side menu has a performance button in the Tools category, but I can't reach it before it snaps to the SC4 Help category. It sounds interesting to me as the game lags a bit every now and then even though I have a modern computer.

Thank you for your time,
Zoeff.

jdenm8

I don't think there is a comprehensive list of changes the NAM Makes, partly because it's a seven year old mod and not a single one of the original contributors still work on it. However, there is a list of changes from the last version available here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13731.0

I can't comment about the sidebar, I have brought it up to admin over six months ago and they clearly haven't fixed it.

EDIT: Actually, there's a nearly comprehensive changelist in Section 4 of the NAM Documentation.

Tarkus

First off, Zoeff, welcome to SC4 Devotion!

To answer your questions about what the NAM includes, there's a brief list right in the top header at ModDB:

The Network Addon Mod, or NAM, is a modification for SimCity 4 Deluxe (or SimCity 4 with the Rush Hour Expansion pack), which adds a myriad of new transport network items, ranging from ground light rail, to fractional-angle roads, to roundabouts, and much more. It also includes bugfixes to Maxis items and a highly optimized set of traffic simulator plugins, improving pathfinding accuracy and performance.

There's a more exhaustive list in the actual readme file included in the mod itself.  I've attached the part of the readme here to this post for your perusal.  Suffice to say, it's basically like another expansion pack to the game, focused on transport networks.  Beyond the stuff that's included, there's several popular first-party NAM expansions (currently available as separate downloads, but will be merged into the package with the next NAM release), such as the RealHighway system (a modular, variable-lane highway system), the Network Widening Mod (adds wider roads and one-way roads), the Railway Addon Mod (adds single-track railroads), and more.

As far as the tools bit, here's a direct link to that board on the forum.  If you want to download any of them, you'll need to create a separate account on the LEX, if you haven't already.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

Wiimeiser

With the toolbars it seems the collapsible submenus are getting in the way.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

smileymk

I'm experiencing a little trouble with the DBE:

Basically, I dragged out the bare-bones bridge over the chasm with DBE installed, isolated it like it says to in the readme, placed the puzzle pieces on both sides and dragged rail in between, before uninstalling the DBE.

I'm guessing that there's something going wrong behind the scenes, or (more likely) that I did something wrong...

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

jdenm8

There is indeed an issue behind the scenes. It's a weird conflict with Rivit's Cricket, Rugby, Bowls set on the STEX. We've identified the things causing this conflict, but we don't know why they're conflicting. The exemplars for the props contain properties that they really shouldn't and will work without and those properties are what is causing that problem.
I don't feel comfortable posting a fix for general consumption as it's someone else's work that I've removed bits of, but if you are interested in doing it manually, I can provide concise instructions.

smileymk

That's very weird - I did suspect a file conflict but that's the last thing I'd expect the DBE to conflict with.

I've moved the RVT set out of the Plugins folder for now and will test the bridge again tomorrow, but yes, I would like to know how to fix the offending files please.

Thanks for the helpful response.
- Chris

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

jdenm8

Okay, I assume you have enough knowledge of Reader to know terms like IID and Exemplar and know what I'm talking about when I say Properties.

You need to open the file RVT Rugby and Cricket Field Textures.dat (I know it says Textures, it's a misleading name).
For the exemplars with the IIDs of f5e80100 - f5e80102, you need to delete the "Building/Prop Family" property found in all three exemplars (this property isn't found in f5e801ff, the other exemplar in that file)

That's basically it, these props will now play nice with the DBE.

Magneto

Hello, I have 2 questions:

1. Are the blue retaining walls appearing on the side of the RHW a part of the RHW mod? If so, what version of the RHW? I didn't find how to do it with RHW 5.0

2. Do you plan to make the white/red cross hatches seen on LHD turning lanes avenues available for RHD also? I quite like them  :)

Thank you! Cheers MAgneto

vortext

afaik those retaining walls come with NDEX's texture pack and thus have nothing to do with the NAM.

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana