• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

I'm having a little issue with the cosmetic retexturing that the NAM is providing. I like what it is doing for curves and other tiles, but I can't seem to get the white pedestrian crossing textures I selected to override the intersection textures that the cosmetic retexturing is doing. I've tried lots of folders with z's and underscores to no avail. Any assistance in figuring out the load order would be appreciated. &mmm

EDIT: A closer look at the "White Pedestrian Crossings" file reveals that it is not being applied to all wealth/density levels, only very select wealth/density levels. I think this NAM texture plugin needs to be reviewed and see if it needs to be corrected.
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Kuewr665

I'm wondering about some of the crosswalks on the diamond pieces. It seems like some of the RHW-4 ramps have crosswalks that are offset from the edge of the tile, so they don't match up with the other diamond pieces.

odrzutowiec

I've got a problem with RHW 6s inside flex ramps. In some orientations they work, but in these they do not :(
Screen:

New NAM is awesome anyway!

clippersnap

I downloaded NAM 32.  I am new to all of this.  I just want to know how to get my roads to look like the ones at the very start of this video....http://youtu.be/8YlR2nSB-ZU
I don't get those original intersections. I know I must be missing some file for NWM or maybe I am not clicking something in the installer.  I thought the NWM in NAM 32 were already in there, but I don't see them.  please help.

samerton

Quote from: clippersnap on January 22, 2014, 12:06:05 PM
I downloaded NAM 32.  I am new to all of this.  I just want to know how to get my roads to look like the ones at the very start of this video....http://youtu.be/8YlR2nSB-ZU
I don't get those original intersections. I know I must be missing some file for NWM or maybe I am not clicking something in the installer.  I thought the NWM in NAM 32 were already in there, but I don't see them.  please help.

In order for the turning lane arrows at intersections, you must click on the centre of the intersection with the one way road tool.

clippersnap

I appreciate your attempt to help, but I don't even get a squared intersection with the regular road. I wish I could send a pic, but it wouldn't let me do that on this, png file is too big.  my road intersection is just open with stop lights on the sides.  I don't get that type of road at all.  but again, many thanx for responding. 

clippersnap

My mistake, ignore previouse message, thank you so much.  you saved my day. &apls

Reblet

I've been playing a bit with the new draggable elevated roads a bit and they're pretty nice! :)

Unfortunately they show up with American textures alongside my Standard Euro Textures. Is that a bug or have those euro textures simply not been implemented yet?

shinkansen1

Quote from: z on January 18, 2014, 02:40:53 PM
Quote from: shinkansen1 on January 18, 2014, 09:20:40 AM
Has the NAM installer changed significantly? For the first time, installation of new NAM version has failed because I "lack" administrator privileges, despite that my computer account has those permissions. ()what()

This part of the NAM installer is the same as when it was released for NAM 31.2.  Were you able to use that version successfully?  What is the exact error message that you are getting, and what are your UAC settings?

I am unsure of the current version of NAM I am using, but I think it may be version 31. I also do not know what UAC is. (I am not familiar with computer-related acronyms) However, I know that I did not download or use the pre-release version of this new NAM. I also noticed that this seems to be the first version of NAM that has implied a "flag" being placed somewhere for hardware space purposes. ()what()

z

"UAC" stands for User Account Control, introduced in Windows Vista.  If you get a lot of popups from Windows saying, "Is it OK to run this program?  Is it OK to run that program?" and similar things, that's UAC.  If UAC pops up when you run the NAM installer, you must say "Yes" to whatever it asks.  Otherwise, you will get the error message that you did.

If you are not getting a UAC prompt and you are still getting the error message you displayed, this means that Windows is telling the NAM installer that you do not have administrative privileges.  In this case, on what basis are you saying that your account has them?

The checking for administrative privileges and the patching of the SC4 executable (which requires those privileges) were introduced in NAM 31.2, because without them, many machines would crash with the larger NAM.  If you are running the original NAM 31, it doesn't have these changes.

shinkansen1

Quote from: z on January 22, 2014, 10:07:40 PM
"UAC" stands for User Account Control, introduced in Windows Vista.  If you get a lot of popups from Windows saying, "Is it OK to run this program?  Is it OK to run that program?" and similar things, that's UAC.  If UAC pops up when you run the NAM installer, you must say "Yes" to whatever it asks.  Otherwise, you will get the error message that you did.

...on what basis are you saying that your account has them?

I hope you find it understandable that I chose to hide my name for the sake of privacy, but my account does have such settings. Despite this, however, the NAM installer seems to fail to recognize them.

z

Quote from: shinkansen1 on January 22, 2014, 10:49:49 PM
I hope you find it understandable that I chose to hide my name for the sake of privacy, but my account does have such settings.

Yes, it certainly appears that it does.

QuoteDespite this, however, the NAM installer seems to fail to recognize them.

And based on your previous post, that indeed appears to be what's happening.  This is quite strange, since no one else has reported this problem, and the installer code is quite simple.

I have two questions:  Which version of Windows are you running?  And are you getting those popups that I described in my last post?

Please do the following two things for me:

1. On the screen you displayed in your last post, click "Change User Account Control settings" and post a picture of the resulting screen.  No settings will actually be changed by this, and you can cancel the window after you take a picture of it.

2. I have attached a short little program that essentially uses a slightly expanded version of the code that the NAM installer uses to determine your user privileges.  Please run this program and post the results.  You can leave out your user name, of course.  Thanks!

Nanami

Well for LHD version of NAM32, seems RRW has a major bug here:

the main part of RRW have no path although in some part such as puzzle pieces and the intersections the path seems working well...
I've reinstalled NAM32 twice since yesterday and had no luck here..  &ops

and fyi this bug not only happened to me there's another user that hit by this bug...

also I wanted to report several minor problem here (which occured in NAM 31.2):

its just a graphical problem though, no impact to the gameplay...   :-[

hopefully everything will fixed soon  :D

clippersnap

Just a quick question...Is there a way to transition from NRD 4 to RD 4 or AVE? thank you for Nam, it's great.

fefenc

Quote from: clippersnap on January 23, 2014, 05:52:20 AM
Just a quick question...Is there a way to transition from NRD 4 to RD 4 or AVE? thank you for Nam, it's great.

No '0'

jedi93

I have a problem:
None of the terminals, airports, tram stations, bus stops, etc. is showing up in my airport menu.
And this is just since I installed NAM 32!

Can someone help me?

Geometry123

Quote from: jedi93 on January 23, 2014, 12:05:40 PM
I have a problem:
None of the terminals, airports, tram stations, bus stops, etc. is showing up in my airport menu.
And this is just since I installed NAM 32!

Can someone help me?

Could you please be a bit more specific of your problem?
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

jedi93

sorry, my bad.
Since I have the new NAM 32 installed, none of the "AC Functional Airports" is in the game.

Edit: In my airport menu there are only the three Maxis airports, the spaceport and "Large Asphalt Runway" and "Large Concrete Runway" from the "Functional Airports"

Before NAM32 it worked as it should...

z