• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eugenelavery

Quote from: Tarkus on April 27, 2014, 05:58:03 PM
That's par for the course for every one of those pieces.  They're model-based, and as overpasses, they can't touch zones, to boot.

-Alex

I don't remember this being the case in the past. I could be mistaken however.

protopath

I am having the same problem. any suggestions or solutions am I missing something Please help.
Quote from: Wodong on March 26, 2014, 03:23:00 PM
Well I'm not sure if this is covered somewhere that my google skills aren't reaching, but when I use the TSCT (NAM traffic simulator packaged with NAM v32) it won't overwrite the old file if it finds and loads it.  I get "error deleting file(s).  Simcity 4 is probably running."  But it's not.  I've found a kind of workaround in just removing the traffic simulator files OUT of the directory, but as you can imagine, it makes for a pretty difficult time trying to tweak little things.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, trying with and without "run as administator" via shortcut and/or right click and selecting "run as administrator" produce identical results, i.e. failure to save/overwrite.  I don't know if it's relevant, but as of NAM v32 I can't even open the TSCT unless I directly click on the .jar file; the .bat file does nothing and the shortcut made up during install just opens and closes the cmd prompt and then nothing.  I recall it working well enough in a previous version of NAM.

donpost

Possibly stupid question but I couldn't see it in the FAQ or in the index for the manual. My question is: Is it possible to enter any kind of "debug" mode to test out an intersection for example? The reason I ask is that I have created a section of highway and I using the route query tool I only see people using it in one direction (evening or morning), but not going the other way - yet I'm almost positive I have built the thing correctly.

Thanks all  :)

Nevermind in typical fashion I found what I needed almost as soon as I posted this. Drawpaths cheat. My highway WAS broken after all because I didn't realise the Avenue/EMIS intersection has a direction to it. All good now.

I'm bloody loving NAM  &apls

WolfGuy100

Hello, I also have an issue as well. Despite I am from USA, I decided to put in European markings and I was using TuLEP for 6-/7-AVE road and I noticed this error.

WolfGuy100

Look like I got another issue I just found. It only happens when I plops any RHW TuLEP, it make a very deep hole, like this one.

thebagleboy

From what I understand, that happens when placing certain pieces on uneven ground. Try flattening it beforehand.

compdude787

Yep, that's correct. I know it can be annoying when it does this, but just get rid of the sinkhole with the level terrain tool, and then use single road tiles to flatten out the area. Then, no more sinkhole.

I've really only had this happen when trying to place puzzle pieces on bumpy, uneven terrain. I think if there's a gentle slope that's been made by using a slope mod, you still should be able to place the puzzle piece w/o a giant sinkhole appearing. I may be wrong though; I probably should test this a bit more myself.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

thebagleboy

I forgot to add before, but if you place another piece at the end where the sinkhole is forming, such as a ramp, it tends to be more stable.

titanicbuff

I spotted this issue- The Diamonds are labled to use 5 TL but when you do you get this:

as you can see it should look like this:

not sure why that was mislabled.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: titanicbuff on May 22, 2014, 08:08:17 PM
I spotted this issue- The Diamonds are labled to use 5 TL but when you do you get this:

<>

not sure why that was mislabled.

You actually misread those labels. You actually used them correctly with the second picture. The reason it mentions "Avenue or TLA-5" is because the Avenue TuLEPs are TLA-5-compatible.

The FAD pieces were also designed to be TLA-5-compatible, because when they were originally made, the only piece that existed (FAD Type 120) was not TLA-5-compatible; what made it incompatible was that it had Avenue stubs, making it impossible to directly plop it over a TLA-5, even though, under the hood, the rest of it had that ability.

In fact, the LText says this: Place on top of Avenue or TLA-5, then connect with FARHW-4 and Avenue TuLEP Type 220. In fact, the only TLA-5/Avenue connection that should be made is at the part that doesn't have TuLEPs connecting at it; the Avenue/TLA-5 interchangeability is best apparent when you use the TuLEPless versions of these pieces. I thought I had made those instructions as straightforward as possible...

If you're also wondering about the turn lane nomenclature (because I know that'll raise questions), those use a yet-to-be-fully-implemented nomenclature that identifies the number of marked lanes going left (2), through (2), and right (0), in this case, the still-named Avenue TuLEP Type B.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Kuewr665

bashellking

I'm able to install NAM V32 with no apparent error. My SC4 Version is 1.1.638 w/Night Lighting patch. My current SC4 installation runs fine with mods/plugins, I even ran Cleanitol. After I install NAM V32, whenever I open SimCity 4.exe, a blink of a window comes on the screen and disappears. It was able to run, but it crashes immediately. After it crashes the first time, Windows(OS) gives me an error saying "SimCity 4 has stopped working" asking me to close or troubleshoot the application. I have to reinstall SC4 to get it to run again.

My specs are as follows:
SC4 v1.1.638 w/sc4update4bat
Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU - Intel i7 3770K
GPU - GTX 760 EVGA
RAM - 12GB DDR3

Are there any known issues/fixes with this kind of setup? Can anyone provide any help at all? Is this the correct thread? (This is NAM that is causing the crash, not SC4 in general)

Thank you.

Kuewr665

Quote from: Kuewr665 on January 21, 2014, 03:12:00 PM
I'm wondering about some of the crosswalks on the diamond pieces. It seems like some of the RHW-4 ramps have crosswalks that are offset from the edge of the tile, so they don't match up with the other diamond pieces.

i don't think I received a response there. What I mean is this:

The FARHW-4 Type 120 piece has a different texture.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kuewr665 on May 25, 2014, 03:47:28 PM
The FARHW-4 Type 120 piece has a different texture.

The textures on all FAD pieces were redesigned to be neutral with both Avenue and TLA-5. Actually, what happened there is that the texture mods didn't catch up with that, but if you're using the default textures, they will line up properly.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

That is the default. The problem is that the new FAD pieces were implemented with wildly different textures to the existing FAD-44.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

z

Quote from: bashellking on May 25, 2014, 02:47:44 PM
I'm able to install NAM V32 with no apparent error. My SC4 Version is 1.1.638 w/Night Lighting patch. My current SC4 installation runs fine with mods/plugins, I even ran Cleanitol. After I install NAM V32, whenever I open SimCity 4.exe, a blink of a window comes on the screen and disappears. It was able to run, but it crashes immediately. After it crashes the first time, Windows(OS) gives me an error saying "SimCity 4 has stopped working" asking me to close or troubleshoot the application. I have to reinstall SC4 to get it to run again.

My specs are as follows:
Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU - Intel i7 3770K
GPU - GTX 760 EVGA
RAM - 12GB DDR3

Are there any known issues/fixes with this kind of setup? Can anyone provide any help at all? Is this the correct thread? (This is NAM that is causing the crash, not SC4 in general)

This is not a NAM problem; it is a Windows 8.1 problem.  There are various and sundry problems that may arise when running SC4 under Windows 8.1, with or without the NAM.  It is not clear if they will ever be fixed.  There are two things that might possibly work here:  First, try going back to an earlier version of your video card drivers.  Second, you can try running SC4 in one of the compatibility modes.

If neither or these options work, then the only fix I know of is either to create a partition that runs Windows 7, or else simply revert your OS to Windows 7.

You say your SC4 version is "SC4 v1.1.638 w/sc4update4bat".  If you have installed the BAT nightlighting update, your version number should be 1.1.640.0.  What exactly did you do here?

WolfGuy100

Quote from: z on May 26, 2014, 04:04:35 AM
Quote from: bashellking on May 25, 2014, 02:47:44 PM

My specs are as follows:
Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU - Intel i7 3770K
GPU - GTX 760 EVGA
RAM - 12GB DDR3

This is not a NAM problem; it is a Windows 8.1 problem.  There are various and sundry problems that may arise when running SC4 under Windows 8.1, with or without the NAM.  It is not clear if they will ever be fixed.  There are two things that might possibly work here:  First, try going back to an earlier version of your video card drivers.  Second, you can try running SC4 in one of the compatibility modes.

If neither or these options work, then the only fix I know of is either to create a partition that runs Windows 7, or else simply revert your OS to Windows 7.

You say your SC4 version is "SC4 v1.1.638 w/sc4update4bat".  If you have installed the BAT nightlighting update, your version number should be 1.1.640.0.  What exactly did you do here?

I finds that ironic because my laptop runs on Windows 8.1 Pro and it never ever have crashed on me.

thebagleboy

Looked through the last few pages and couldn't see it posted. Sorry if I missed it.
LHD roundabout doesn't connect paths with any network except one path on the one-way road.

Glazert

The roundabout in your picture goes the wrong way round for LHD, though the road is LHD.