• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k808j

Thks Tarkus, you are still the go to human after all of these years.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

Mero90

Found a little bug displaying monthly cost about this station, should this be under landmark?

Sorry for the Italian interface.

Pythias900KMB

Ahoy!  I have decided to avail the NAM to breathe new life into one of my developed cities -- and ran into a problem as you can see from the screen capture.  I have tried to solve it on my own by rebuilding these overpasses after demolishing them with the RHW Disconnector only for them to rebel back to this form -- and this is at best!!!  At worst, I have had to redo the 2nd lvl elevated embankment along with the RHW . . . which is quite troublesome because of the 8S-D2 ramps that only cooperate when the 8S and the two 4S are drawn just right.

In any case, this is driving me batty!  Any counsel on what I should try next?

compdude787

What you need to do is start clicking around with the RHW tool at random. Just keep clicking to redraw the RHW until it has overridden correctly. Seriously. Just click around randomly. Eventually it should fix itself.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

eclipticalstorm

Dear NAM Team,

Since I've installed the NAM 33-PR I haven't been able to activate two tile station for the rail viaduct or connect crossing with the E-rail Over Road.  I have no idea what might be wrong.

APSMS

Hi eclipticalstorm,

Not to diminish your problem, but the first step to this solution would be to update your NAM to the official v.33 release, as per NAM Team policy, support for legacy versions is limited and not officially provided. There is a link on the SC4Devotion homepage.

Also, documentation on what is fixed/changed is not often comprehensive, so things that may have been broken or fixed in the current release may not be made immediately aware to the public.

That being said, a picture of what you're trying to do, and which station you're referring to, would be a great help. IIRC, there are quite a number of stations in the NAM, at least a decent few of which are two-tile, and multi-use to boot. A quick screenshot of the offending station would go a long way in identifying the problem; as it stands now I'm having a hard time visualizing the situation that's giving you fits.
Also note that TE-stations (stations with road or track going through them) have to be activated by dragging the appropriate network through the station (where designated) for them to work right away. The alternative is exiting and re-entering the city tile, as this will activate all previously unactivated TE stations. This doesn't sound like your problem, but it's worth mentioning in case you didn't know about it.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Robin Locksley

Posted this in NAM release thread. Sorry.

So there is a missing texture in high elevated rail over highway overpass. There's a some kind of metal structure, like ramp or brige, untextured. Both in el rail puzzle pieces and highway misc parts.

2b2gbi

This may be a stupid question, but I recently downloaded the new NAM and wanted to do a sunken railroad through part of my city. However, I can't figure out how to make simple one tile overpasses over the railroad. I posted a GIF of one of my attempts below, am I doing something wrong, or is this not possible? The only thing I've managed to get working is a RHW overpass that switches back to road after the overpass.

Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, I just can't figure it out.
You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

mgb204

You are simply trying to build without sufficient space. The draggable on-slope pieces need an extra tile of space each side of the rail network (at the lower level). If you want to create an overpass without the gap, for the time being you'll have to use the puzzle-based on-slope/overpass pieces instead.

Tarkus

The GIF is very helpful--thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Dragging straight through a Flex OnSlope is always going to screw things up, so I'd avoid doing that.  They behave if you drag up to the edge of them, but not if you go through.  I think your options are either the RHW solution you have discovered, or the approaches mgb204 described above me. 

I do notice, however, that you're using an RHW texture set that isn't in the NAM anymore as of NAM 33, and I'm guessing from that information that you're on an old NAM version.  If I am correct, I'd recommend downloading the newest one to see if things improve (that's part of the reason we don't support any NAM versions except the most recent). 

I'll take a look over the functionality for NAM 34 purposes as well.

-Alex

2b2gbi

Quote from: Tarkus on December 19, 2015, 11:28:41 PM
I do notice, however, that you're using an RHW texture set that isn't in the NAM anymore as of NAM 33, and I'm guessing from that information that you're on an old NAM version.  If I am correct, I'd recommend downloading the newest one to see if things improve (that's part of the reason we don't support any NAM versions except the most recent). 

I'll take a look over the functionality for NAM 34 purposes as well.

-Alex

Thanks for the response.

Concerning my NAM version, I am on NAM 33, but I'm guessing the RHW textures (I think they're called Ontario) didn't get deleted by the cleanitol? I didn't actually know those textures were depreciated until I was looking through the documentation just a bit ago and saw that in the notes, which I must have missed on my first look at them. I can just remove the file for them and everything will be fine right?

2b2gbi

I apologize for the double post, but I for some reason an unable to save edits to my posts.

Quote from: mgb204 on December 19, 2015, 11:23:09 PM
You are simply trying to build without sufficient space. The draggable on-slope pieces need an extra tile of space each side of the rail network (at the lower level). If you want to create an overpass without the gap, for the time being you'll have to use the puzzle-based on-slope/overpass pieces instead.

So for road networks one tile overpasses are not possible with draggable on-slope pieces, alright, thank you for that information. I was confused because they work with RHW so I assumed they would with other networks.

As far as the puzzle-piece solution is concerned, however, the elevated road puzzle pieces are missing from my road menu. Considering this and the issue I mentioned to Tarkus concerning the Ontario RHW textures, maybe I should try reinstalling NAM?

mgb204

For the RHW textures, simply find the folder in z___NAM\Road Textures\XX Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\RHW. I'm not sure what the Ontario textures are named, but it should be obvious which folder includes them. If you remove this folder before re-installing the NAM, you should have no problems afterwards.

The puzzle-based road viaducts may not have been installed, you can select them as part of a custom install though. The draggable ones will eventually replace the puzzle ones, but right now they are no finished.

2b2gbi

Thank you both again, as far as my installation is concerned it was a bit messed up. I recently completely wiped my hardrive and reinstalled Windows, and somehow when I backed up and then reinstalled my plugins part of my NAM folder (and a few other things) seem to have been duplicated, which meant some of the sub-folders, notably the RHW textures folders, were being overridden by those copies of the old files. I cleaned up that and did a reinstall, during which I found the modular elevated roads box I apparently missed the first time through. So that's all my problems solved, thanks again and sorry for bothering you with something that was ultimately some simple I overlooked. :)

LReyomeXX

How do you get rid of those extra supports on the EL Rail bridge. I have unzipped the installer and compared the dat files I have to what is included in the EL Rail Alternate Implementation. As you can tell by the old MHW bridge, this city was last touched long before the MHO and expanded RHW bridges

z

Quote from: Mero90 on December 13, 2015, 06:11:40 AM
Found a little bug displaying monthly cost about this station, should this be under landmark?

Yes, this bug has been present in this station since beginingless time. It will be fixed for NAM 34. 

7up

Hello,

I am having an issue with draggable networks that I was hoping someone could help me identify. After installing quite a few plugins, it seems I can no longer drag any networks. I have tried GLR, SAM, and RHW with no luck. At some point in my plugin folder history it worked just fine, but not anymore! Unfortunately I didn't catch the issue until too late and I can't pinpoint what download or mod may have caused this.

I don't think the starter pieces look like they should, and I can't override the stock networks no matter how I drag.

I would appreciate some direction on how to fix this problem.

Thanks a lot!

compdude787

Re-run the NAM installer, do a custom install, and make sure that the "Enable decoupling" option is not checked. This should fix your problem.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Pythias900KMB

Ahoy!  I have something about the NAM that has been puzzling me for a while.  All of the 3rd lvl elevated RHW networks only yield the support pylon when I avail them ... what gives?  The 4th lvl elevated RHW networks produce both the deck and the pylons and I am at a loss for what I could be doing wrong.