• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

hendo123456, you need to be logged into the exchange when you click the link.  Try having the exchange in one window/tab and the forums in another when you click the link--it's foolproof that way.

-Alex (Tarkus)

bob56

hendo123456, what i do is (i have Firefox) i have it remember my exchange login info, and have it a favorite, so it lets me download without any hassle
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Kitsune

I have a slight issue and I'm not the sure cause of this. I created a neighbour connection using an avenue for the RHW-4. The problem is, traffic is exiting off the tile, but its not showing up in the other. Does this method just not work, or is there something I'm doing wrong?
~ NAM Team Member

j-dub

Kitsune

Found my issue: I had forgot to install the pathing fix, and upon installing it, issue was gone.
~ NAM Team Member

puncher1076

Why are the cars on my RHW-6C are moving like a wave???It's just weird ()what()
I'm thinboy66 from ST

Tarkus

Quote from: puncher1076 on February 15, 2009, 07:31:24 PM
Why are the cars on my RHW-6C are moving like a wave???It's just weird ()what()

Using traffic generators or having any sort of traffic spawning lot adjacent to a Wider RHW can cause that.  Artificially-generated traffic has a tendency to get caught in the crossover paths.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Erzei

Hey guys, first, thanks for the previous pathfix.

Second, i found another problem. This time seems that the El-Rail/MIS intersection has no paths:

deathtopumpkins

Not just traffic generator traffic, Alex. I've noticed it with actual commuting sims. Not usually, but in heavy traffic it is noticeable.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Kitsune

I have another question, is the 6C able to make neighbour connections?, because the middle tile is two way.
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Erzei, I'll take a look--thanks for reporting that.

Kitsune, I would guess that it probably would on those grounds, though I'd still cross all three tiles at the edge with a perpendicular RHW-2 or Road to make a Loop Connector, just to be safe.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Swamper77

In Erzei's picture, it looks like the RHW4 underneath the Elevated Rail is pathed in both directions in both lanes.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

dragonshardz

That is probably done to make it so the LHD path file has less to do.

j-dub

Even though the middle tile of RHW 6C does do neighbor connections both directions, since traffic can't get to the middle lane from the ramps, actually taking it out is very unlikely, I have tried this before. Full median crossing loop connectors just provide better chances of connecting car traffic.

Meastro444

Quote from: Erzei on February 15, 2009, 08:01:51 PM
Hey guys, first, thanks for the previous pathfix.

Second, i found another problem. This time seems that the El-Rail/MIS intersection has no paths:

I also see reversed paths on the top dual RHW.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Kitsune

And one other request for a piece, I would like the ability to have a T intersection with a road ending at a MIS.
~ NAM Team Member

BigSlark

Quote from: Meastro444 on February 16, 2009, 06:55:20 AM
I also see reversed paths on the top dual RHW.

Hmm, I thought I had reported both of those bugs. It looks they didn't want to go and snuck back in to the release...

Thank you all for being understanding, this isn't easy to do. I tried looking at how RUL's work on a couple of occasions and my head spun...

Cehers,
Kevin

Ryan B.

Quote from: BigSlark on February 16, 2009, 09:18:12 PM
Hmm, I thought I had reported both of those bugs. It looks they didn't want to go and snuck back in to the release...

Thank you all for being understanding, this isn't easy to do. I tried looking at how RUL's work on a couple of occasions and my head spun...

Cheers,
Kevin

Yours, too?  I thought mine was just because I spun around a bit too much in my chair.   :-[

Xyloxadoria

I figured out the problem with my lightcone, it seems that there was a smaller lightcone made, i just got mixed up with it (big) and the large one. I wasnt going to release it, because i made it for tutorial purposes, but since it seems to be popular, the fixed version will be on the STEX sometime today.

Haljackey

Quote from: Xyloxadoria on February 18, 2009, 09:35:43 AM
the fixed version will be on the STEX sometime today.

...And its now uploaded to the STEX.  If you want to download it here is a direct link:  http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=21131

Have fun with the new high mast lighting for your RHW-6Cs!   ;)

Best,
-Haljackey