• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

The falls are looking great, my friend!

You're on a roll here!

Dustin

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Nice work on this waterfall there - great work!!!

And btw, CONGRATS on over 900 replies!!!! &apls &apls &apls

Pat

Quote from: Simpson on November 05, 2008, 12:46:17 AM
Looking perfect my friend, nice river
And also congratulation on this new Award

Hi David thank you my friend!!!

Quote from: tooheys on November 05, 2008, 01:40:45 AM
Pat, where's the bear  :P

Well done on another OSITM  :thumbsup:

You're certainly working with some challenging terrain there. I like the result, nice work with the falls.

The transition from TPW to ingame water is always a problem. Perhaps another small drop with a bit of white water in between would make it a bit tidier. Just a thought.

Pat, OSITM is challenging enough without the other challenges you are currently dealing with. But you certainly have some ticker my friend, and I'm looking fwd to your month in the spotlight.

Cheers

Dave

Hey there Dave thank you soo much and its good to see you back in here in Waterfalls!!! I hope RL is treating you right and all is well I trust... 

Yes a lot has been going on with me personally but I find SC4 and SC4D to be a great outlet for me even more so right now and exspecialy being in OSITM to top that off with.... 

At the end of Big Bear Pass Here which is coming up here soon and before continuing on with the river bed I was working on, I will show some reworked pics there of that transition as I too am not happy with it either...  :)

Quote from: bat on November 05, 2008, 05:57:55 AM
That looks really beautiful, Pat! Nice pictures there of that water and mountain!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Bat thank you and I am glad you like those pics of the water and mountians!!!

Quote from: art128 on November 05, 2008, 10:03:44 AM
these falls are perfect my friend , excellent work on your great nature  !  :thumbsup:

Arthur thank you sooo much there!!!  :)

Quote from: paroch on November 05, 2008, 10:45:16 AM
Hey Pat - water at last!!!! Hoooray!!!!

Big Bear Pass is looking pretty cool, with waterfalls a plenty.

Great stuff, I'm enjoying your OSITM time.

Paul

Yess Paul in case you are wondering Big Bear Pass Revisited is all your fault lol.... No really hehehe and I thank you a million for wanting water right away lol... But I guess that is what OSITM is all about is being Special ehh?  I am having fun being here again!!! I also enjoy your company too in OSITM!!!

Quote from: Jmouse on November 05, 2008, 11:17:25 AM
You've created some beautiful scenery in the mountains, Pat. Nice use of rocks, and the colors are stunning against the mountains. Looking forward to seeing more Waterfalls.

Later...
Joan

Thank you Joan, Ive liked I said reworked this area from what it was to what it now and its been rather fun doing it too... using the new tool or toys I should say its great to redo something...  I will have a little more of Big Bear Pass before I continue on with the River Bed OSITM Special....

Quote from: kimcar on November 05, 2008, 05:08:18 PM
Hey wait a minute, geez i miss some update here &mmm, and great one too btw &apls &apls. very well done Pat.  :thumbsup:

Heya there Kim I know you need to check in on me daily and today is going to be a double shot of thursday fun

Quote from: Jmouse on November 05, 2008, 09:45:24 PM
That's a very very informative update, Pat. I'll certainly be trying out some of your ideas as I practice with TPW and the other water elements now available to us.

Thanks for sharing this again...
Joan

Joan its been my pleasure to share what I do and you can actualy thank Paul for pushing me to give some water lol... So that is Why I have gone on this little side track lol....

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 05, 2008, 09:49:49 PM
The falls are looking great, my friend!

You're on a roll here!

Dustin

Hey Dustin thank you my friend I am doing my best here and its been a great time soo far!!! BTW Again I am sorry about the Tuesday thingie...

Quote from: Simpson on November 06, 2008, 03:46:49 AM
This is really splendid my friend
Super waterfalls  &apls

HI David thank you and I hope you will like this little bit here on double shot thursday!!!

Quote from: bat on November 06, 2008, 06:44:55 AM
Nice work on this waterfall there - great work!!!

And btw, CONGRATS on over 900 replies!!!! &apls &apls &apls

Hey Bat thank you soo much, I know I cant believe it that I've hit over 900 replies now wow!!!

OK so as I did promisse those where the well deserved replies to the last 2 updates here in Waterfalls OSITM!!! Also I did say a double shot thursday well here we gooo with now.........

For Double Shot Thursday I will give to you Two pics with this replies and also then later tonight I will give you another update to feast upon!!! so without further ado here we goooooo!!!!!!!

So this is it for Part one on Double Shot Thursday!!!!!! Till Tonight ~~~ Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Simpson

The second picture is really wonderful, I love the lake
But maybe you can chose a new texture for your rorcks, no? It's will be better
So Fantastic work my friend  &apls &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

Hmmm, I wonder... what can be better than waterfalls in the MD literally named after them? :D I don't know! ;)

Seriously, good shots you have there! I prefer the second one - the level of details you have underwater, and great use of stones makes it just awesome looking. The only suggestion from me would be for you not to put those elms/oaks next to the redwood. It just doesn't look right in my humble opinion.

And one question: what is that purple thing in the stream in the 1st pic? Because that kinda bothers me &Thk/( ;)

Good shots, cannot wait for more! :thumbsup:
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

paroch

Hey Pat - congrats on being only the third MD @ SC4D to break the 900 replies barrier - a truly momentous occasion, well done.

And it's great seeing the olds updates next to the new - it's clear to see how both your skills have improved (not that the old ones were bad at all!) and also how new elements to the game give us even more tools to create these great landscapes.

It's fair to say that you are the King of SC4 Waterfalls!

Paul

thundercrack83

Double-shot? Did I hear someone say "double-shot?"

I like double-shots! And what I first half this one is!

Magnificent stuff here, my friend! I'll be looking for the second half later on tonight!

Dustin

Pat

Yes it's still thursday my time and I am a man of my word and well here is part 2 of the Double Shot Thrusday... I would have posted sooner but my wife had taken over the computer gaaaaaah... anywho lets get going here....

This is the final update of Big Bear Pass Revisited... The last Update willl be of the corrected area of the water transtion which I think you all will so love in how it turned out.....  Soooooo Without further ado here we gooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

so that is it for this Thursday Double Shot and there will be 3 more!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

threestooges

Nicely done Pat. Your detailing work with the flora gets better every time I see it. Looking forward to see what's in store next Thursday.
-Matt

tooheys

Pat, nicely done with the transition, that does look a lot better  :thumbsup:

Great work around the shorelines as well. I can see this is going to be a great month.

Cheers

Dave

bat

JBSimio

Very nice, Pat!   &apls  As Dave said, the shore transition is really well done here.  I think my favorite view though is the second picture in your most recent post.  I love the way the mountains frame that upper lake and the placement of the trees is most impressive.   :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Pat

Quote from: Simpson on November 06, 2008, 11:38:02 AM
The second picture is really wonderful, I love the lake
But maybe you can chose a new texture for your rorcks, no? It's will be better
So Fantastic work my friend  &apls &apls

Hey David thank you very much... Which rocks are you talking about the one's I plop or the mountain's? Thank you again my friend for coming in and supporting me!!!

Quote from: art128 on November 06, 2008, 11:52:55 AM
Again great work my friend, splendid falls in all the way  &apls

LoL Arthur thank you sooo very much I try to do my best!!!

Quote from: Sheep49 on November 06, 2008, 12:11:03 PM
Hmmm, I wonder... what can be better than waterfalls in the MD literally named after them? :D I don't know! ;)

Seriously, good shots you have there! I prefer the second one - the level of details you have underwater, and great use of stones makes it just awesome looking. The only suggestion from me would be for you not to put those elms/oaks next to the redwood. It just doesn't look right in my humble opinion.

And one question: what is that purple thing in the stream in the 1st pic? Because that kinda bothers me &Thk/( ;)

Good shots, cannot wait for more! :thumbsup:
Piotr

Ahh Piotr I had to study what the purple thing you was talking about and actualy how the shadding is it supposed to be grey and sorchin's dead tree.... I see where that would take away from the overall feel of the pic and actuallly they are not in the water which is a funnie thing there hmmm....  I was also wondering about the Elm/Oak cluster there as well, I was trying for a little diversity... Thank you Piotr for being an eagle eye here and pointing out some real good stuff for me to correct and I will do soo asap....

Quote from: paroch on November 06, 2008, 12:23:09 PM
Hey Pat - congrats on being only the third MD @ SC4D to break the 900 replies barrier - a truly momentous occasion, well done.

And it's great seeing the olds updates next to the new - it's clear to see how both your skills have improved (not that the old ones were bad at all!) and also how new elements to the game give us even more tools to create these great landscapes.

It's fair to say that you are the King of SC4 Waterfalls!

Paul

hehehehe Paul shucks thank you there Mate!!! I know and I will be the first to admit that with the new tools what an improvement of skills on can have!!!  How much clearer and real something looks with TPW v PW...  PW is still good for some things but I love my TPW!!! I also Love Shauns Pond Kit!!! Now about that lie about being King naw I am a mear understudy compared to some greats out there IE David and one by ALEKING who did this fantastic pic....

and also compared to Silvio aka Rayden and here is what he has done.....

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 06, 2008, 12:24:53 PM
Double-shot? Did I hear someone say "double-shot?"

I like double-shots! And what I first half this one is!

Magnificent stuff here, my friend! I'll be looking for the second half later on tonight!

Dustin

Yes Dustin you sure did hear Double Shot!! Also Next Thursday and till the end of OSITM there will be Double Shot Thursday's!!!! and who know's might continue on out of OSITM!!!

Quote from: papab2000 on November 06, 2008, 10:44:21 PM
Wow, very nice Pat  &apls

Hey Rich thank you!!!

Quote from: threestooges on November 07, 2008, 12:10:35 AM
Nicely done Pat. Your detailing work with the flora gets better every time I see it. Looking forward to see what's in store next Thursday.
-Matt

HI Matt thank you and I am trying here at my best compared to what I told Paul!!! I am too looking forward to what I got for next Thrusday lol...

Quote from: tooheys on November 07, 2008, 01:10:11 AM
Pat, nicely done with the transition, that does look a lot better  :thumbsup:

Great work around the shorelines as well. I can see this is going to be a great month.

Cheers

Dave

Heeeeeey Dave good to see you again Mate!!! Thank you and I am glad you like the new transition and yes this month is going to be a grand one at that!!!!

Quote from: bat on November 07, 2008, 08:03:01 AM
Great new shots there of these waterfalls!!! Nice work! :thumbsup:

HI Bat thank you a lot and I hope to see you tonight when I get friday's Update in lol...

Quote from: JBSimio on November 07, 2008, 08:24:21 AM
Very nice, Pat!   &apls  As Dave said, the shore transition is really well done here.  I think my favorite view though is the second picture in your most recent post.  I love the way the mountains frame that upper lake and the placement of the trees is most impressive.   :thumbsup:

JB

Hey Jon thank you and another one sneeks in on me while doing replies lol... I hope to see you back tonight after I get Friday's Update done.....

OK I did say I was going to do a teaser here and well here it is for you......

Simpson

Quote from: Pat on November 07, 2008, 08:59:38 AM

The rock mod is perfect here my friend, it's will be really better for your beautiful and réalistic waterfall and lake  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Pat

Hi David I wish I knew what rock mod that was that Aleking used!!! If anyone can tell me what rock mod that it is that would be a great helping hand... I will then see what I can do about switching over to that rock mod once we track it down...

thanks Pat

art128

Very great pond my friend, your nature pics are fantastic  &apls I really like how this fall go to an urban canal  :thumbsup: It's sooo great !
The last picture look very funny  ;)
Continue on this good way !
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Hi Arthur that pic I posted was a refrence pic to what Silvio has done... I should clarifie that better...  But I think I will personaly try that myself though...