• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TELAU PRIME - Update 7 - 31/05/08

Started by mightygoose, April 11, 2008, 06:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

wow I cant belive the that the state would want the farming to go private, but that is cool!!! I cant wait for more!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Xiziz

Great update, like the progress so far, the Farms look gorgeous, really nicely done, the trees really add details to the fields ^_^

Cheers

sebes

A very new concept of farming... looks real good though.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pytkowski

it;s look fantasytic , realism . You rock .
Well done ;)

mightygoose

In keeping with the teaser mosaic theme here is the first image from The Workers Assembly

The town of Tordov where the citizens of the assembly settled first on the continent of Caprica is still the primary settlement. The image here, taken during an aerial survey in 25YT(approximately 50 earth years after landing), shows that the majority of roads are still dirt and that many houses have still not been built from their initial prefabricated state. note the rail lines leading to the mines to the north.

Until next time.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Pat

Looking real good there John!!! Just one question though why did you do a road there around the one building?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

warszawa

Thats looking very good!  &apls
Three main things that bring out the realism are the homes in Tordov, dirt roads beside them and the trees.
The effects on the picture makes it look polluted... Is this what you are aiming to do?
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

bat

Like the banner there! Also the mosaic and its area is looking very good! :thumbsup:

Ennedi

It looks very promisive!
- Very professional presentation from the first moment, excellent RL/SF pictures!  &apls
- An excellent phtoshopping of The Workers Assembly mosaic.

I am very curious of this MD development. I like SF themes a lot, but to say honestly, I didn't see any MD made in a realistic manner, but giving a really different feeling than our usual cities. I think your ideas are very thoughtful so your MD looks very promisive for me. I wish you good luck, you can create something unique!  :thumbsup:

Adam

Edit: Will it be similar to the Giedi Prime? Or Kaladan? Or maybe a sort of Ix or Tleilax?  ;)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Collgab

Hello everyone, your all probably saying, "jeesh he's finally posting his update", well sorry I've been busy hehe, anyways here it is, I also followed the little theme TQL started with the mosaics, enjoy.

Riverfall was the original colony of the humans that arrived on Titania. The town was only 1YT old when the great seperation of the followers of the captain, named Holhkor Atal, and the democrats that fled to Scandanovia. The beautifully senic city of Riverfall is now 32YT old, and sits atop the great falls that go into Lake Entarius below. The cities current population of 1000, are mostly farmers, although small commercial businesses have popped up in the city of Riverfall.

Pat

oooooooooooo Collgab that is just breath taking and I love it!!!! Great job on that pic there its just perfect!!  I would suggest trying out Jeronij's TPW that might give that lake a real good effect though....

bat

Wow, that area is looking really beautiful, Collgab! Like the river and waterfalls and the town! All is wonderful on it!! :thumbsup:

Xiziz

Collgab; Love that waterfall of yours, looks really great. Totally awesome location for a town right there by an mountain lake.

Mightygoose; Tordov looks nice too, Utopia ftw. The large warehouse-looking building really fits in with the theme, being a distant colony that is.

Great work both of you!

Pytkowski

WoW , you can be a inspiration for many city builders  :thumbsup: Great
Well done ;)

dragonshardz

Awesome. This is a great MD!

mjig_dudy

A small Fishing village on the coast.

The seas around Scandanovia are rich with sea life and fish has already become a major part of the diet in the country. The Fishing industry is the second biggest employer in the country, after farming. Seen on this picture is the first rail line built in the country, which will soon connect the village to the Capital.

The houses are mainly small pre-fab buildings which are quickly constructed but still of good quality. They are expected to last 5-10 years, after which more permanent structures. This village is hoped to become a major centre of industry in the future and is expected to expand rapidly.

Sea defence is very important for this village as the weather conditions can often be very harsh. The sea walls must provide safety for the buildings which are built only just above sea level, as flat land is hard to come by. They are also to protect the ships in harbour.

The Village is now also becoming the country's first holiday destination, boat trips are popular among visitors and provide a a good day out for those living in the near-by capital city.

Yoman

Excellent work here, always exciting to see a new city start from its routes and develop, much like Qumma. Great mosaics Collgab, and your pictures look great Mijg  :thumbsup:

Ennedi

Great work guys!

Mightygoose: it's really something new, SAM dirty streets look perfect on your picture, I think they add a lot to it's climate! Also, great photoshopping  &apls

Collgab: Very nice mosaic and impressive terraforming, you created a true 3D canyon!  :thumbsup:
A little tip about waterfalls: If you use 3wave Freestream mod (as on your picture), try to change temporarily game graphic settings to "Medium", the waterfall will look more soft on your pictures. Jeronij's waterfalls look better at "High" graphic settings.

Mjig_dudy: Great landscapes and beautiful water! The nightshot is very nice too!

Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Collgab

Thanks, but thats not freestream mod ;) its JRJ's waterfalls..and so I set it on high...I'm guessing it looks that way because of its height, dont really know, but thanks for all your comments guys! :)