• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

I guess the problem with HSRP is to me because I built it in a small town where I put one end in a residential area, and I built opposite zone jobs. When they are associated with HSRP and Sims had no alternative, they use this transport, but put a boulevard or subway Sims immediately diverted. I want to know why, given  that HSPR must be the fastest way to connect.
In the big city I have very dense network of subway and buses, so Sims  may not want to ride in HRSP.  io_bg told me that maybe if HSRP runs through downtown will be more efficient, but unfortunately this is not the ideology embedded in me for my infrastructure.

Anyway,  nice to see Jonathan on line and send special greetings. I hope he  still locks to work because I feel its absence.

Regards,
Ivo

Jonathan

I always thought that Monorail was aimed at the wealthy sims and I assumed that this was part of the traffic simulator.

I do know that monorail and HSRP are the same, they only look different. So providing there is no issue with paths which there almost certainly isn't or there'd have been a lot more issues, replacing your monorail with HSR should have no effect.

It is possible that the issue lies with the stations. There have been problems in the past. Have you tried using the maxis monorail station with HSR?

I can't really help with the traffic simulator side of things,  but I have had problems myself with certain simulators or circumstances where sums haven't used it as much as I'd like them to. So it would be good if a simulator could be engineered to make HSRP more attractive over shorter distances and if possible for poorer sims.

To anyone:

I can't remember exactly what has been released, if anything, since the HSRP. I've found two files that aren't in the main release, for added previews when dragging and for replacing the textures of the tracks with alternative/moderner set? Do those still need to be uploaded?

I've started working on greater stability for the curves, specifically underpasses under as much of the curve as possible, which will mean HSRP is easier to build through existing dense cities.

Jonathan

ivo_su

Jonathan  I am very glad that you  still have plans and designs for HSRP. It really is a wonderful news for me and hopefully for others. Do not be shy to show pictures of your works - we will be happy to see  how things happen step by step. Once again, welcome back you are invaluable for NAM  and SC4D.

Regards,
Ivo

pimmapman

What is the point of high speed rail if you have stations close to each other? Even more than one per city tile is too much. I mean what's the advantage if you don't even reach 120km/h while going between the stations?

z

You have to remember that SC4 is not a very accurate simulation.  Each train actually holds only one passenger.  All the trains go from stopped to top speed in no time flat - literally.  As they are single-passenger trains, they don't stop at intermediate stations.  When trains stop at their destination (again, in no time flat), they effectively disappear, so they don't hold up traffic behind them.

So stations have absolutely no negative effect on train speed, and the more stations you have, the more Sims will use them, as greater access to the high speed trains become more effective in reducing the Sims' total commute time.  That's just the way the game works.

MR.Y

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 31, 2011, 02:54:13 AM

There are 45-degree WRCs for HSR already, but they're all draggable. The only one that isn't is the S-curve (and there's only a ground version available).

I know, but they aren't nor wide enough. So I think the radius of this courves is highest 760m, what means, that the highest speed for this curve is 80km/h (50mph), And I don't know how it is in america, but in germany the High Speed Tracks don't have such small curves...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: MR.Y on August 02, 2011, 02:41:35 AM
I know, but they aren't nor wide enough.

I see what you mean (and I see this in RHW quite a bit), but 760 meters is TOO wide. That's nearly 48 SC4 tiles (Each tile is 16 meters), and the maximum size of puzzle pieces can only be 16x16 tiles.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MR.Y

Yes I know, but I in SC4 you can't really say, how much it is, cause if one tile is 16m so one railway is 4m wide, insteat of the normal 1.435m...

ivo_su

Jonathan would you be so kind as to tell whether you intend to create pieces that HSRP can cross the new networks NWM, RHW, canals, tramways, etc. Many will be glad if you share more detailed information about your future creative plans.

Regards,
Ivo

pimmapman

For the curves, couldn't you make the puzzle pieces in two segments, so two separate puzzle pieces?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: pimmapman on August 02, 2011, 10:16:01 PM
For the curves, couldn't you make the puzzle pieces in two segments, so two separate puzzle pieces?

If it's a 45-deg curve, then it's technically possible if the pieces in question transitioned to Fractional-Angle instead. This would make for somewhat modular curves and grid-defying transportation infrastructure.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Jonathan

So far this week I've rewritten the RULs for the curves, they a lot more stable now, eg:
Before: After:

I started on creating underpasses under the curves, so far only street, but I can pretty much copy and paste the RULs for other networks.
Made the monorail over GHSR and HSR over GHSR draggable (all those puzzle pieces after the starter will be made draggable, as well pieces that aren't they, RHW, NWM etc)

I'm pretty certain however that wider curves will not be in the next version, HSR already has [I think] the widest draggable curves out all the networks, and HSR has a lot of issues. like overpasses and stability. Fractional Angle HSR may come later, and it is possible to fit FA-HSR segment inside draggable tiles, so it could be draggable.

There won't be anything standing-out-new in the next version, at the moment I'm thinking of this as version 1 and the current version as 0.5

ivo_su

Jonathan  thank you very much for good ideas and advice you gave me. I swapped stops HSRP standard monorail stops from Maxi's and now my Sims  began using this mode.  Really good advice now I must see why we received this bug. I  can view files and see if I can fix something that does not get more so.

Regards,
Ivo

Jonathan

Ivo, a good place to start would be to single out the station that is causing it. When did you download the HSRP hub? If I remember correctly shortly after release the hub was updated with a bugfix that stopped sims from using it, so maybe you haven't downloaded the update?

ivo_su

Quote from: Jonathan on August 03, 2011, 01:24:17 PM
Ivo, a good place to start would be to single out the station that is causing it. When did you download the HSRP hub? If I remember correctly shortly after release the hub was updated with a bugfix that stopped sims from using it, so maybe you haven't downloaded the update?

Johnny  (I do not know if I can call  it that)
I am an active member in Stex and LEX on September 29, 2009, and as far as I can see the stations that are made ​​by Xyloxadoria and I used that were repaired last of 27 September 2008. For this, and I think that should not have this bug primary. I have some experience in making stops and TE-Lot's about  hope to find out where the problem lies. Will I need HSRP natural paths, but there's something else that may be. I have  doubts that this could  be the difference in the capacity of stops Xyloxadoria those of Maxi's, as  one with 10,000 a onother is 2000. And assuming  that 800 Sims used it  daily for HSRP stations Maxi's is  much more significant  percentage than in Xyloxadoria stations. For this and easily visible to the transport map in the simulator. But this is only my assumption and I apologize if I irritated others here with my problems.
   Otherwise Johnny, Alex told me that you are one of the experts in making RUL2 codes and glad that it came back. Because as far as I know when all this weighs on the shoulders of Blue Lightning and Alex. I hope to find enough time to help them. Did you get your Ph.D.?

Best,
Ivo

ivo_su

Jonathan I know that you are working on some new tracks for HSRP to facilitate construction in tight urban spaces. Show you a similar area where monorail can go but no suitable piece to be able to cross the HSRP and the same. If you have time and opportunity will be happy to do something - it will be of very great benefit to me.

Regards,
Ivo

Jonathan

Quote from: ivo_su on August 03, 2011, 03:35:26 PM
Johnny  (I do not know if I can call  it that)
I am an active member in Stex and LEX on September 29, 2009, and as far as I can see the stations that are made ​​by Xyloxadoria and I used that were repaired last of 27 September 2008. For this, and I think that should not have this bug primary. I have some experience in making stops and TE-Lot's about  hope to find out where the problem lies. Will I need HSRP natural paths, but there's something else that may be. I have  doubts that this could  be the difference in the capacity of stops Xyloxadoria those of Maxi's, as  one with 10,000 a onother is 2000. And assuming  that 800 Sims used it  daily for HSRP stations Maxi's is  much more significant  percentage than in Xyloxadoria stations. For this and easily visible to the transport map in the simulator. But this is only my assumption and I apologize if I irritated others here with my problems.
   Otherwise Johnny, Alex told me that you are one of the experts in making RUL2 codes and glad that it came back. Because as far as I know when all this weighs on the shoulders of Blue Lightning and Alex. I hope to find enough time to help them. Did you get your Ph.D.?

Best,
Ivo
Johnny is fine, I respond to pretty much anything starting with "Jo" ;)
I think Xyloxadoria's stations were also updated at some point, to fix the same/similar bug the HSRP hub had. So maybe just delete the stations from you're plugins and redownload them?
Nothing else was happening here so I don't think you're problems irritated anyone :)
I haven't got a Ph.D :) , I'm 16 so I've just finished my GCSE exams and get the results this month.

QuoteJonathan I know that you are working on some new tracks for HSRP to facilitate construction in tight urban spaces. Show you a similar area where monorail can go but no suitable piece to be able to cross the HSRP and the same. If you have time and opportunity will be happy to do something - it will be of very great benefit to me.
That is pretty much the exact scenario I've been working on, however I'm starting with GHSR, as there are less draggable crossings for it (currently only monorail/HSR can cross GHSR, and some of the HSR RULs rely on this). The huge time waste is the Maxis Monorail models which are a complete mess and cause artefacts (the white and red shape on the diagonal part of this curve):

ivo_su

Johnny, I am left with the impression  that you are 24 years and you were so young as Blue Lightning or io_bg (which  is a great friend of mine). I am glad  that I pay attention and will do something like version 2.0 of  HSRP. My  problem with the intersection of that intersection  I described it as early as 42 pages and unfortunately without your help  could not solve. It is a new  piece whether it is for GHSR or HSR. Here's  a picture of the area that is problematic for some time and  harass my city.

Best,
Ivo

jdenm8

Because of the geometry of the curve and the interaction with GHSR while it's curving, I don't expect a PP to do that.
It's too much work for something that can be simplified by moving the avenue or GHSR to the other side.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

ivo_su

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 07, 2011, 05:15:58 PM
Because of the geometry of the curve and the interaction with GHSR while it's curving, I don't expect a PP to do that.
It's too much work for something that can be simplified by moving the avenue or GHSR to the other side.

I know  it seems easy to move boulevard or HSR little  sideways but this is not entirely appropriate  because it stops or GHSR HSR  must be near the road. My choice is that these stops are glued to one avenue, but as Jonathan said some time ago his goal is to make HSR more maneuverable in dense central parts of cities. This little piece of what I need I will solve a lot of problems with the passage of the HSR in densely-built urban terrain. I hope Jonathan has time and desire to make this my proposal.

Cheers,
Ivo