• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

Hi Pat, first. thanks for stopping by Steven's Point. I thought It only fitting that I visit your city in return. The waterfalls photos are looking great. Are those waterfalls going to be a mod or lot? just curious. :) &apls. Anyways, Keep Up The Great Work!
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

tooheys

Well Pat that is certainly different and I'll be interested to see where you go with this. How does the water flowing downstream get around that roadblock  ()what() (You know me, love the difficult questions  ;) )

I know this is only the groundwork for what is to come, and I'm looking forward to that with great interest.

Cheers

Dave

Jmouse

This is a bit of a departure from the norm for you, Pat, but where would SC4 be without the players who are willing to try out new ideas?

I'm with Paul on the water transition - as one with no experience whatsoever, I'm anxious to see how it turns out. I've seen a few transitions done well, but yours is quite a bit wider than any I've seen before.

And what is that "roadblock" anyway (to use Dave's word)? My guess would be something related to hydroelectric power, but I've never been very good at guessing! &mmm

Pat, I count you among the highest TPW authorities around,
so I'll join the rest of your fans in watching how this latest venture turns out.

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on February 23, 2008, 10:49:16 AM
Very interesting. I love the river, I can't seem to use the plopable water that well.

Hey Becca: Welcome back to waterfalls and dont worry you will get it right.... Be watching here soon for some MSS & LAR  ;)

Quote from: TheTeaCat on February 23, 2008, 11:26:13 AM
Darn CTD's but who cares when you show such good stuff. &apls

Now how do you make good things better? if I may how about a couple of suggestions?

Have you thought about using one of dogfights new water mods? you could seamlessly blend the real game water with the TPW and everybody would be going WOW

And for the second, how about using one of Ennedi's new slope mods. What I mean is the slope on the railway looks real good but the Ave has a nasty transition . If you ran a rail line alongside the Ave it would smooth out those sharps edges at the top of the slope.

My 2p's worth. like I said how do you make a good thing better, Watch Pat listen to constructive criticism, act on it, and come back with a better version ;)

Till the next time
a well deserved

:satisfied:
TTC

HI Derry: You have some wonderful thoughts there and dont worry I will spend them well  ;) I will invest into Df's water mod and also Adam's slop mod.... I just have to remember where I hid the current slop mod Im using..  Dont worry I will have the better version here soon... I hope to see you again here bud.....

Quote from: paroch on February 23, 2008, 12:36:32 PM
Hi Pat,

Some interesting pics there.  The transition from TPW to in-game water looks a tricky one that I've not yet attempted.  So i'm interested to see how you do it.

Looking at the banks of your TPW river........ I always feel the need to plop rocks, trees, bushes and grass just to smoothen the transition from water to grass.  But I know that you need parts of the river without all this "stuff".  You've been brave and left the banks "naked".

Great bridges by the way.

And as for that big digger driller thingy - hmmmmm, different that's for sure!

All the best - Paul

LoL Hiya's Paul: Well it wasnt my intention to leave the banks blank but it happend those where the pics that was saved before the crash lol.... I do plan on redoing the area and getting it to look real good!!! So I do hope I see you back soon Paul.....

Quote from: bat on February 24, 2008, 02:07:34 AM
Like that river! Looking really good!
Looking forward to more...

Hey Bat: Thank you sir and Im glad you are liking the river and I hope to have more soon for you....

Quote from: warconstruct on February 24, 2008, 05:49:22 AM
very interesting, always as well make your rivers  &apls
that announces a great update ?!

HI Warconstruct: Thank you and Im glad you like the rivers as well....

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on February 25, 2008, 08:56:23 AM
Hi Pat, first. thanks for stopping by Steven's Point. I thought It only fitting that I visit your city in return. The waterfalls photos are looking great. Are those waterfalls going to be a mod or lot? just curious. :) &apls. Anyways, Keep Up The Great Work!

Hey Starman: Welcome to your first visit to waterfalls and I do hope to see you back for more here, and its no problem I enjoy watching you work with your city!!!!

Quote from: tooheys on March 02, 2008, 02:23:14 AM
Well Pat that is certainly different and I'll be interested to see where you go with this. How does the water flowing downstream get around that roadblock  ()what() (You know me, love the difficult questions  ;) )

I know this is only the groundwork for what is to come, and I'm looking forward to that with great interest.

Cheers

Dave

hehehehehe lol Dave: Hmmmm how about this difficult answer heehee Lets see here about that lets say there is some well placed hidding pipes that allow the water to flow under the area where they are working... I do hope to see you white is better then in black color here lol... I do hope to have you back again soon........

Quote from: Jmouse on March 02, 2008, 10:41:49 AM
This is a bit of a departure from the norm for you, Pat, but where would SC4 be without the players who are willing to try out new ideas?

I'm with Paul on the water transition - as one with no experience whatsoever, I'm anxious to see how it turns out. I've seen a few transitions done well, but yours is quite a bit wider than any I've seen before.

And what is that "roadblock" anyway (to use Dave's word)? My guess would be something related to hydroelectric power, but I've never been very good at guessing! &mmm

Pat, I count you among the highest TPW authorities around,
so I'll join the rest of your fans in watching how this latest venture turns out.

Until next time...
Joan

Hiya's Joan: I know Im a stinker lol.... Well I kinda played a coy with my ansewer to dave and well I do hope it does explain something alittle bit.... What bites I was trying to devolp that spot some more but that crash happend to me but I was glad the pics stayed... Dont worry I will have anther update on this soon.......

To All of my faithful Waterfall Friends and visitors I do have to say updates might be sporatic from here on out as Im getting ready for 3RR colaberation to start...  But fear not Waterfalls will not dry out nor do I have plans to let that happen kewl!!! Hope to see new faces here and my friends back, thanks again - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

You definitely have a lot on your plate, with your MD, lotting for LBT, your collaboration with 3RR.......Not to worry though, I'll continue to keep an eye on Waterfalls :thumbsup:  Good luck with your collaboration with 3RR :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

tooheys

QuoteI do hope to see you white is better then in black color here

What you talkin about Pat   %confuso

Can't wait for the update (if just to work out what you are talkin about  :D)

Cheers

Dave

TheTeaCat

Quote from: tooheys on March 06, 2008, 01:52:35 AM
What you talkin about Pat   %confuso

Can't wait for the update (if just to work out what you are talkin about  :D)

Cheers

Dave

I'll help you out here dave ;)
Just highlight the first part of the line where his reply starts :thumbsup:
It will all become clear

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

*snickering* LoL Yuppers Derry you are correct there  :thumbsup:  btw Im working on the special Waterfalls Video its been a looooooooong time since I had one and well its almost my year annervisary of MD'ing sooo welll yea.... I may post it today in advanced or I might wait till the date hmmm???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

here I want to present as a tribute to you all that have supported to me over this past year... For now I will be posting a list of the commenters who have made more then 2 comments in my MD over this year....

Thundercrack83 (aka) Dustin_x_55
Jmouse (aka) Joan_x_47
Bat_x_44
Toohey's (aka) Dave_x_31
TheTeaCat (aka) Derry_x_24

Kimcar_x_17
Dedgren (aka) David_x_15
Emilin_x_13
Strechnitz (aka) Hubert_x_12
Blade2k5 (aka) Troy_x_11
Fred_Ginger (aka) Vicki_x_11
Flipside_x_10
Schulmanator (aka) Bruce_x_10
Threestooges (aka) Matt_x_10

Paroch (aka) Paul_x_8
Heinz_X_8
Meinhosen_x_7
Ennedi (aka) Adam_x_7

Mark_x_6
Tkirch (aka) Todd_x_6
Warconstruct_x_6

Sebes_x_5
FrankU_x_5
Nova Vesfalo_x_5
Wouanagaine_x_5

Shadow Assassin_x_4
Badsim_x_4

Glepet (aka) Glenn_x_3
Snaper_x_3
Travis_x_3
Filasimo (aka) Ryan_x_3
Starmanw402007_x_3

Eddie_x_2
Russell_x_2
Emperor Stormont_x_2
Dioangel (aka) Linda_x_2
Nedalezz_x_2
Jacqulina (aka) Jackie_x_2
Jeronij_x_2
Nisha_x_2
Urban_x_2
Amapper_x_2
Suplado!_x_2
Star.Torturer (aka) Joe_x_2
Rooker1 (aka) Robin_x_2
Berethor_x_2
RebaLynnTS (aka) Becca_x_2

Be looking for the video with the list of 1 time posters here to waterfalls.... As of today I will not tally the list at all...  But who knows when I will bring the list out again and see who rains supreme in posting in waterfalls....

thundercrack83

Lots of anniversaries around here these days!

Congratulations to you, too, Pat on the one year anniversary of Waterfalls! It's definitely been a fantastic journey this past year, and I can't wait to see where you're headed in 2008!

And, whoa! 55 posts, eh? Glad I could lend some support, my friend!

Dustin

Pat

Click the Pic for the Special Video UPdate for Waterfalls...................

@ Dustin thank you soo very much for stopping in here and for givin that support  :thumbsup: &apls

threestooges

Pretty neat little video, and interesting to see the comment list. Did that take a long time to compile, or have you been keeping track along the way? A good selection of pictures in the last thing too. Shows a good retrospective compilation. Looking forward to seeing what all happens next.
-Matt

warconstruct

congratulation  &apls &apls the video is very well made !

of very beautiful catch of sight throughout the video  :thumbsup:

still cheer and impatient to see your next update !

Paul

PS : 2OOeme message poster on SC4 Devotion !

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

sebes

Great Video Pat!  I don't comment to often in your MD I realize - but with this one I get at least out of the baby-blue zone  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Congrats on one year of your MD! And the video is also very good! Nice lists there...

Btw, congrats on more than 550 posts and 8000 views!! &apls

kimcar

Hey ! Happy Anniversary my friend :party: &dance Hope to get another year of your great MD . Nice idea and well done your video btw. I don`t imagine how long you spend for did it. &apls &apls

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

TheTeaCat

Nice one Pat :thumbsup:

Waterfalls 1 year old  &apls &apls Congratulations  on a good year so far, looking forward to the second :)

Wikked little vid too, nice way to pay tribute to all your fans :thumbsup:

Thats a nicely composed pic you've used as your link to the vid and do I see a bit of "fake tilt" going on in one of the inset pics?
Well if you're going to show off why not do it in style  :D :D

Better give you this too as an anniversary type pressie  ::)

laters mate

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

That's some pretty nifty work, Pat. Happy anniversary, and best wishes for many more to come.

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Loved the video, Pat! Another great addition to an already great MD! As I said earlier, I'll definitely be looking forward to where Waterfalls is headed in Year Two!

Dustin